• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well, That Was Fast

What is funny is watching two pundits on opposite sides debate an issue. Very quickly the two step on each other's comments to the point of a jumbled mess of words. The campaign of policies has ended. The campaign of putdowns has begun.

If one really thinks about this, a good deal of support has been garnered because of the putdown...on both sides.

Good God how I hate that.

There does seem to be a herd mentality.
You hear the same things from every news outlet.
It's just difficult to determine the original source since it spreads so fast.

The recent disclosure by Ben Rhodes and the earlier one by Jonathan Gruber are just 2 examples that show how it's done.
It happens all day every day by whoever has an agenda to push.

I forgot another one related to Obamacare.
I saw a video of a couple of speechwriters laughing with Charlie Rose about how they came up with that line about "If you like you plan you can keep your plan etc."
Yeah, they were really proud of that one and Charlie appreciated it too.

I forgot another one related to Obamacare.
I saw a video of a couple of speechwriters laughing with Charlie Rose about how they came up with that line about "If you like you plan you can keep your plan etc."
Yeah, they were really proud of that one and Charlie appreciated it too.

High fives all around, I'm sure. These are exactly the types of things that make a Trump possible.

No sooner does the race narrow down to two candidates than Trump closes the gap and even pulls ahead of Clinton in some states.

Reuter's rolling average: Hillary 41.3%, Trump 40%.

Close or leading in battleground states.

Never have so many pundits and opinionators been so full of crap.

Those who predicted that Trump would fade and fail early in the primary season: full of crap.

Those who have predicted multiple times that this or that misstep or gaffe would end his campaign: full of crap.

Those who said that any day now the voters were going to see through Trump: full of crap.

Those who said that the gender gap would hurt Trump: full of crap. (The gender gap is hurting Clinton more than Trump. For every woman who hates Trump there are two men who hate Clinton.)

Those who confidently predicted that Clinton would beat Trump in the national election: perhaps just as full of crap.

Most people making the prediction that Trump would not get the nomination did not take into account how stupid some Republicans truly are and figured that the real Conservatives would find a way to get a Conservative nomination, I was one of those. Unfortunately the GOP did not know how to react and Cruz was simply not well liked enough to make the difference so now the GOP is stuck with the bed they themselves made. The convention should be interesting, especially when one notes who does Not attend or give their support to the candidate. IF trump were to be elected he can count on fighting not only Dems in Congress but also opposition within his own Party, he would end up being a total failure working with Congress and his ideas are already known to be complete nonsense so we would end up with another do nothing know nothing President. I guess some do not care unless about the Nation but what Party initials are behind the name, how sad.

As for suggesting that those that believe the American People would be smart enough to not elect the donald and claiming that they may be full of crap, I would say that such a statement points to who here has their own agenda and to the fact that being a trump supporter already affirms that one is automatically an expert in being full of crap.

Most people making the prediction that Trump would not get the nomination did not take into account how stupid some Republicans truly are and figured that the real Conservatives would find a way to get a Conservative nomination, I was one of those. Unfortunately the GOP did not know how to react and Cruz was simply not well liked enough to make the difference so now the GOP is stuck with the bed they themselves made. The convention should be interesting, especially when one notes who does Not attend or give their support to the candidate. IF trump were to be elected he can count on fighting not only Dems in Congress but also opposition within his own Party, he would end up being a total failure working with Congress and his ideas are already known to be complete nonsense so we would end up with another do nothing know nothing President. I guess some do not care unless about the Nation but what Party initials are behind the name, how sad.

As for suggesting that those that believe the American People would be smart enough to not elect the donald and claiming that they may be full of crap, I would say that such a statement points to who here has their own agenda and to the fact that being a trump supporter already affirms that one is automatically an expert in being full of crap.
Sore f*****g loser.

Politics, like most things, ends up being Survival of the Fittest Competition, where the opponent being fierce makes the other side stronger.

If the Democratic Primary had taken the one GOOD candidate they had, Jim Webb, Seriously, then the Republican Primary would have been forced to take Trump seriously with proper vetting questions.

This would have ended with a completely different outcome of the GOP primary.

It was Democrats voting for Trump in the Primary, the MSM, and the DNC, picking the candidate they thought the loser of Hillary could beat which brought U.S. Trump as the GOP pick.

If the Democratic Party, the MSM, and the DNC had brought forth a GOOD candidate in Jim Webb, then the GOP would have responded with a much better, more competitive pick, as their candidate.

Hillary as weak and flawed nominee set the conditions for a race to the bottom.

-

Jim Webb would have been a formidable opponent and a much, much better candidate than Clinton. This shows that the Democratic party is in just as much disarray as the GOP.

Jim Webb would have been a formidable opponent and a much, much better candidate than Clinton. This shows that the Democratic party is in just as much disarray as the GOP.

Is the Democratic Party due for a shakeup, yes, there are two factions fighting for their agenda to be the Party line. But, to compare the issues within the DNC with the circus going on in the GOP is ludicrous, good grief they are going to run someone as their candidate that does not even hold to the conservative ideals the GOP is based upon, it would be like Cruz running as a Democrat and people praising his Liberalness. :lamo

Is the Democratic Party due for a shakeup, yes, there are two factions fighting for their agenda to be the Party line. But, to compare the issues within the DNC with the circus going on in the GOP is ludicrous, good grief they are going to run someone as their candidate that does not even hold to the conservative ideals the GOP is based upon, it would be like Cruz running as a Democrat and people praising his Liberalness. :lamo

Yup, good analogy.

Those who predicted that Trump would fade and fail early in the primary season: full of crap.

I don't know. It's probably a close call with 2012 where conservative/republicans started "unskewing" the polls and therefor it was going to be a super tight race.

Sounds like an admission of how wrong you have been ... but NOW, yes, now we can take your analysis to the bank.
Yessir.

High fives all around, I'm sure. These are exactly the types of things that make a Trump possible.

And the brazenness keeps 'em riled up and ignoring Trump's negatives no matter how often they're reminded.

Given the deadlines for filing to run for the Presidency, and the number of candidates who have pulled out of the campaign, we are down to a fairly straight forward choice between two options:

Do you want the U.S. economy brought on by spending 100s of Billions of tax dollars on Millions more Illegal Mexicans and Muslims?

Vs.

Do you want an 8 year+ new Muslim Immigrant hold/Deportation for Illegals and the tax savings that go with it spent on Native Born Americans?

Well?

Americans have almost always voted their pocket books.

It isn't really rocket science now is it?

-

Howl long before Trump reneges on deporting anybody? If he does will that change your opinion of him?

Sounds like an admission of how wrong you have been ... but NOW, yes, now we can take your analysis to the bank.
Yessir.

Well at least you are getting better at reading. Yes, I said that I was wrong, I did not know that there were that many stupid Republicans. I do not care what you take to the bank, we shall see how the Pretender does in Nov, this is going to be interesting, me thinks you will be talking evil conspiracies when it is all said and done, enjoy.

Howl long before Trump reneges on deporting anybody? If he does will that change your opinion of him?

He has already backtracked on the Muslim thing and now claims it was "only a suggestion". The fan club has a lot to learn about the donald, they actually believe he is what he claims or that his word actually means anything when neither could be further from the truth.

And the brazenness keeps 'em riled up and ignoring Trump's negatives no matter how often they're reminded.

Well, he's not a politician, so he can say anything, or so I seem to keep hearing. It's difficult to be on all sides of all issues, but I think Donald is making a serious run at it.

He has already backtracked on the Muslim thing and now claims it was "only a suggestion". The fan club has a lot to learn about the donald, they actually believe he is what he claims or that his word actually means anything when neither could be further from the truth.

It seems that Trump will just throw out ideas at will and hope that voters will believe the ones they like will happen while discounting the ones they don't like as lies. No wonder he said he likes stupid people.

It seems that Trump will just throw out ideas at will and hope that voters will believe the ones they like will happen while discounting the ones they don't like as lies. No wonder he said he likes stupid people.

Yeup, and as we see he is back tracking on some of his statements and showing his Liberal side trying to harvest the stupid among them also. I doubt trump has any ideals other than he considers himself superior to the little people and knows what any snake oil sales man does, the truth does not matter so long as their objective is achieved.

Oh, you're for Hillary?

I am not going to support either at the polls, but I will do whatever I can to ensure that voters know that trump is a pretender and that if one truly cares for The Nation they will ensure that trump never sits behind the desk in the Oval Office.

I am not going to support either at the polls, but I will do whatever I can to ensure that voters know that trump is a pretender and that if one truly cares for The Nation they will ensure that trump never sits behind the desk in the Oval Office.
You are for Hillary. You are a RINO. You are politically inept.

Your sudden woody for Trump simply proves what I've always said about you. You don't care a whit about conservativism. You just hate liberals.

How can that be? Isn't Trump a moderate liberal? He talks like one.

No sooner does the race narrow down to two candidates than Trump closes the gap and even pulls ahead of Clinton in some states.

Reuter's rolling average: Hillary 41.3%, Trump 40%.

Close or leading in battleground states.

Never have so many pundits and opinionators been so full of crap.

Those who have predicted multiple times that this or that misstep or gaffe would end his campaign: full of crap.

Those who said that any day now the voters were going to see through Trump: full of crap.

Those who said that the gender gap would hurt Trump: full of crap. (The gender gap is hurting Clinton more than Trump. For every woman who hates Trump there are two men who hate Clinton.)

Those who confidently predicted that Clinton would beat Trump in the national election: perhaps just as full of crap.

She'll beat Trump. And, the Senate will go Democrat.

Back
Top Bottom