• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well . . . that was depressing

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So my sister's a Doctor (PHD in Psychology) . . . and soon she starts teaching a course at a college.

So I went with her and my dad the other week to help her get around campus for the first time, etc - and got to watch my dad flip out over her name being on a plaque and all sorts of stuff.

That's a good way to make you realize how **** your life has gone . . . yeaaaah - I'm a loser. :confused:

But whatever! I'm fully intent on becoming a published writer. Dum de dum - see me type. LOL My situation is ironic - my intense love of all things sex is what put me in this position by becoming a teen-mom all those years ago, and my love of all things sex is gonna get me out of this little dead end I'm in.

Cause sex sells. And - NO - my parent's won't be catching ear of my sideline authoring life. It will, however, help me pay the bills while I slowly squirm through college.

Sounds like you might need to set an appointment with your sister...you know, just to talk.

You don't seem like a loser to me, from my brief encounters with you on these forums. That said, never estimate your own worth based on your perception of other's worth. If you're happy with your life and the people in it, that's all that matters - those constantly seeking the approval or validation of others are destined to always be unsatisfied.

Sounds like you might need to set an appointment with your sister...you know, just to talk.

:rofl - I don't think so. I've already transferred to a different university - thankfully for me, it's local (that's my excuse) - I **** as hell am not going to be her student.

:rofl - I don't think so. I've already transferred to a different university - thankfully for me, it's local (that's my excuse) - I **** as hell am not going to be her student.

If you want to write books that sell, I suggest you check this guy out. He's one of the most successful self-published authors in history. He has written 16 relatively short books and I bought all of them.
Amazon.com: How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months! eBook: John Locke: Kindle Store

You can also check out Hugh Howey, another huge success of self-publishing.

So my sister's a Doctor (PHD in Psychology) . . . and soon she starts teaching a course at a college.

So I went with her and my dad the other week to help her get around campus for the first time, etc - and got to watch my dad flip out over her name being on a plaque and all sorts of stuff.

That's a good way to make you realize how **** your life has gone . . . yeaaaah - I'm a loser. :confused:

But whatever! I'm fully intent on becoming a published writer. Dum de dum - see me type. LOL My situation is ironic - my intense love of all things sex is what put me in this position by becoming a teen-mom all those years ago, and my love of all things sex is gonna get me out of this little dead end I'm in.

Cause sex sells. And - NO - my parent's won't be catching ear of my sideline authoring life. It will, however, help me pay the bills while I slowly squirm through college.

Well your no loser in my eyes Auntie Mmmmm. Especially not when in those High heels.
love10.gif

Tell you what.....I will be one of the first to buy ya Book. Then I can make a movie out of it. Which of course I will need to have you on the set for some Technical Assistance.
evil5.gif
giggling.gif

I have a JD/MBA and as far as I am concerned, they just mean I sat in college longer. No big deal. It is just a better paying job, but work is still work. Don't beat yourself up over it. If you want to write naughty books, then more power to you. She sure as heck won't be making any money off the academic stuff she is forced to publish to keep from perishing.

"Youth is wasted on the young." Oscar Wilde

There are advantages to getting your child rearing stage of life over with relatively early in your life. Besides being easier on your back, it can enable you to live the rest of your life freely without the obligations of child rearing, and now you have the maturity and experience to fully appreciate everything else life has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom