• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well played Nancy! Pelosi suggests Trump postpone SOTU or submit it in writing

:applaud:applaud:applaud

Think how easy it is for Putin??

It's child's play. It's obviously why he supported Trump's election. Even if he doesn't have any compromising information on Trump, it would still have been worth it to him to get Trump into the office. I also think this is why republicans ended up supporting him wholeheartedly. They thought he would be controllable, but I think they underestimated just how manipulable his ego made him. Democrats have been able to use that ego to counter republican manipulation just as effectively. Pelosi was smart to tap into that.

I agree that she is absolutely goading him into doing it. I disagree with you that it's a smart thing for he to do. Democrats are dug in but planted their flag on a foolish hil to plant it on.

They could win this fight in the political arena but not like this. They are gonna come off as being perceived as pro open borders while the marauders are at our border demanding entrance.

Even if they walk away looking righteous now they will need to explain their position in a month

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You may be right about dems unwisely planting their flag on the border wall hill, but I would argue that even if that's the case, goading Trump into making the address is still the smart move for them. Trump could have easily taken the high road and said, "I'm cancelling the SOTU address out of respect for the furloughed workers who aren't getting paid thanks to the democrats." But he didn't. Now that Pelosi has made her move, he can't go back and do this without risking his ego. So now his SOTU address will be a bizarre mishmash of blaming democrats for how terrible everything is, but also claiming credit for how great everything is, as he is wont to do.

He is in the hotseat with this SOTU address, and unless he has a damn good speech writer and a serious amount of discipline to stay on topic, this address will be perilous for him.

Wow, that's quite the spin. This ruse was a totally unforced error on Pelosi's part.. Now, she looks even more desperate and underhanded. She fired off that letter without getting her facts first. There will be no problems with security. It will be provided, as planned, shutdown or no shutdown.
Further, it's an insulting, slap in the face to the men and women of our DHS and Secret Service. How demoralizing!
Finally, Pelosi slapped Americans in the face by implying that HER security is far more important than ours. She will not end the shut down and fund a wall, but she'll complain that she isn't secure.

I think if they did a poll about 30% of the population would agree with you. Of course the other 70% would not.

Nancy Pelosi did not imply her security is more important. You decided to infer that from her statement. Obviously the night the entire Congress, Cabinet, President, VP and Supreme Court are in the same location is a huge target, and a large security project. Putting all hands on deck so Trump can do his show is a slap in the face to the American public which has been suffering from a lack of government services due to Trump's poor negotiating skills.

I think if they did a poll about 30% of the population would agree with you. Of course the other 70% would not.

Nancy Pelosi did not imply her security is more important. You decided to infer that from her statement. Obviously the night the entire Congress, Cabinet, President, VP and Supreme Court are in the same location is a huge target, and a large security project. Putting all hands on deck so Trump can do his show is a slap in the face to the American public which has been suffering from a lack of government services due to Trump's poor negotiating skills.

LOL, of course Pelosi didn't come out and say it! She lied about the reason for postponing the SOTU, and then was going to turn around and spend God knows how much tax-payer money to jaunt off on a non-essential, one-week long overseas trip.
She can get into a SCIF and get what needs to be done, done.

LOL, of course Pelosi didn't come out and say it! She lied about the reason for postponing the SOTU, and then was going to turn around and spend God knows how much tax-payer money to jaunt off on a non-essential, one-week long overseas trip.
She can get into a SCIF and get what needs to be done, done.

Unlike Trump, Pelosi tell the truth. She requested he postpone his address until the shutdown is over, in light of the severe security needs for the event. If Trump were not looking to grandstand the shutdown, and had a speck of intelligence he would have done precisely that. Does anyone ever try to explain to him how a grownup might act?

Her "jaunt" as third in line for the Presidency was to visit Afghanistan, a war zone, in an official capacity. Trump outing this visit is highly inappropriate, but that is to be expected.
Trump also needed to lie and claim she was visiting Belgium (a rest stop for the pilot) and Egypt (which is not on her itinerary)

But do buy the Trump version, hook, line and sinker. He likes to keep his defenders well fed.

Unlike Trump, Pelosi tell the truth. She requested he postpone his address until the shutdown is over, in light of the severe security needs for the event. If Trump were not looking to grandstand the shutdown, and had a speck of intelligence he would have done precisely that. Does anyone ever try to explain to him how a grownup might act?

Her "jaunt" as third in line for the Presidency was to visit Afghanistan, a war zone, in an official capacity. Trump outing this visit is highly inappropriate, but that is to be expected.
Trump also needed to lie and claim she was visiting Belgium (a rest stop for the pilot) and Egypt (which is not on her itinerary)

But do buy the Trump version, hook, line and sinker. He likes to keep his defenders well fed.

You can by that b.s. all you want, but don't expect intellectually-honest people to buy the nefarious lie upon which Pelosi predicated her attempt to prevent a sitting President from delivering the SOTU.

Pelosi doesn't have the power to prevent Trump from delivering the State of the Union address. Pretending that she has that power is a lie.

He can write Pelosi a letter with the year's updates and then read it out loud on national TV if he likes, although I prefer a string of 60 misspelled tweets instead.

You may be right about dems unwisely planting their flag on the border wall hill, but I would argue that even if that's the case, goading Trump into making the address is still the smart move for them. Trump could have easily taken the high road and said, "I'm cancelling the SOTU address out of respect for the furloughed workers who aren't getting paid thanks to the democrats." But he didn't. Now that Pelosi has made her move, he can't go back and do this without risking his ego. So now his SOTU address will be a bizarre mishmash of blaming democrats for how terrible everything is, but also claiming credit for how great everything is, as he is wont to do.

He is in the hotseat with this SOTU address, and unless he has a damn good speech writer and a serious amount of discipline to stay on topic, this address will be perilous for him.
I think it's more important now than ever for him to give the SOTU speech. People should know why he is holding his line. It's up to us to decide if it's for good reason or not.,

You can by that b.s. all you want, but don't expect intellectually-honest people to buy the nefarious lie upon which Pelosi predicated her attempt to prevent a sitting President from delivering the SOTU.

I think you have confused yourself with someone intellectually honest?

There is no requirement that the State of the Union be delivered in a huge display. Trump can also deliver it from the Oval Office (quite a symbol of power) and it will be broadcast.

I see you have no supposedly honest response to the fact that her trip to Afghanistan was official, and highly secretive. Trump has a big mouth (as shown in the past many times) and no big brain to go along with it.

I think you have confused yourself with someone intellectually honest?

There is no requirement that the State of the Union be delivered in a huge display. Trump can also deliver it from the Oval Office (quite a symbol of power) and it will be broadcast.

I see you have no supposedly honest response to the fact that her trip to Afghanistan was official, and highly secretive. Trump has a big mouth (as shown in the past many times) and no big brain to go along with it.

Look, I get that you're all in for the Dem lies. Really, you shouldn't expect me to follow your pretzel logic.
Muh, Thomas Jefferson. Muh George Washington.
Spare me.

We know the real reason Nancy pulled this stunt.

Look, I get that you're all in for the Dem lies. Really, you shouldn't expect me to follow your pretzel logic.
Muh, Thomas Jefferson. Muh George Washington.
Spare me.

We know the real reason Nancy pulled this stunt.

You imagine you know. I think you might figure it out someday. Enjoy your evening!

Submit it in writing and have Alec Baldwin perform it instead of Trump, let’s get take the clown show to the next level.

I like it. He does a good Trump.

I think it's more important now than ever for him to give the SOTU speech. People should know why he is holding his line. It's up to us to decide if it's for good reason or not.,

I agree. But the winds are not necessarily in his favor that the majority will side with him at the moment. A nudge from Pelosi to put him off his game is an effective political move.

There is no one alive who has done more to "degrade our Republics traditions" than Trump himself so what Nancy has done is uniquely fitting. His appearance would only further degrade the office of President. If that is even possible now.

I've never thought rooting for a competition between who can race to the bottom first is showing love for the Republic. That Ms. Pelosi is attempting to do worse is not a credit to her, or those who support her in that effort.

Back
Top Bottom