• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Well, it's official.

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The country is divided into the "anybody but Clinton" camp, and the "anybody but Trump" camp.

One side or the other will win in November.

And the losing side will never accept it.

So, get out and vote against your favorite bad candidate. When he/she goes down in defeat, you can declare victory.

But, we'll still be stuck with one or the other. There is no "anyone but Trump or Clinton" camp, or, if there is, they have no chance.

and the country will be even more divided than it is now. The losing side will spend all of its time flinging crap, some of it made up, at their despised villain. Get your crap piles ready. You may need them.

What a crappy election.

The country is divided into the "anybody but Clinton" camp, and the "anybody but Trump" camp.

So, get out and vote against your favorite bad candidate. When he/she goes down in defeat, you can declare victory.

But, we'll still be stuck with one or the other. There is no "anyone but Trump or Clinton" camp, or, if there is, they have no chance.

I'm Southern. Being assured of defeat only makes me more eager in the service of a cause I believe to be right.

and the country will be even more divided than it is now. The losing side will spend all of its time flinging crap, some of it made up, at their despised villain. Get your crap piles ready. You may need them.

What a crappy election.

This is why we can't have nice things

I'm Southern. Being assured of defeat only makes me more eager in the service of a cause I believe to be right.

So, the South will rise again and see to it that neither Trump nor Clinton become president? That's quite an ambition, it seems to me, but I do applaud it.

Nice sentiments. I just want to puke. Sorry.

I was hoping Texas would secede. I'd definitely go with them

What a crappy election.

There is a third camp - the Sanders camp. Comprised of roughly half the dem voters. Many of them will never accept the winner of the general election, whether that be Hillary or Trump.

I'm Northern, we don't admit defeat quite so easily, especially if we believe we are right.

I'm Northern, we don't admit defeat quite so easily, especially if we think we are right.

:shrug: You want to fight for big government liberalism and banana-republic style governance, go for it. I'll meet you on that field of battle.

What a crappy election.

Once again, we disagree, Ditto.

I am not part of the "anyone but Trump" camp...and I am not part of the "anyone but Hillary" camp either.

I am voting for Hillary Clinton because I think she will make a fine president.

I guess I could be considered part of the "anyone but a Republican" camp...but as I said, I am voting for Hillary Clinton because I think she is going to be a fine president...and I think she will lead us in the correct direction.

Oh...and I do not consider this to be a crappy election. I have been enjoying it for months now...and I fully expect to enjoy it for the next five.

So, the South will rise again and see to it that neither Trump nor Clinton become president? That's quite an ambition, it seems to me, but I do applaud it.

No. But it's part of the reason why telling me that I'm outnumbered and likely to lose elicits the response of: "So?" ;)

What a crappy election.

I think Ben Shapiro summed things up brilliantly, when he said, regarding the election, "Well, America loses. To call this election cycle a dumpster fire is far too cruel to dumpster fires, which at least destroy garbage rather than making them president."

There is a third camp - the Sanders camp. Comprised of roughly half the dem voters. Many of them will never accept the winner of the general election, whether that be Hillary or Trump.

Yep, and become more flingers of crap regardless of which of the two possibilities actually wins.

I am not part of the "anyone but Trump" camp...and I am not part of the "anyone but Hillary" camp either.

I guess I could be considered part of the "anyone but a Republican" camp...but as I said, I am voting for Hillary Clinton because I think she is going to be a fine president...and I think she will lead us in the correct direction.

Oh...and I do not consider this to be a crappy election. I have been enjoying it for months now...and I fully expect to enjoy it for the next five.

It will be entertaining, and that's for sure. What the next four years will bring is the issue.

Haha I just showed my platoon sgt this comment. Thank you for giving us the laugh we needed. Carry on!

No. But it's part of the reason why telling me that I'm outnumbered and likely to lose elicits the response of: "So?" ;)

So a company of marines are out doing their morning march. As they come to a hill, a sailor steps over the top of it and yells down to the marine captain "Your mother wears combat boots". The captain is enraged, and sends the 3 toughest guys from the company up to knock some sense into the sailor. The sailor runs back behind the ridge, the marines chase after, a bunch of yells and thuds, and the sailor re-appears and yells another insult to the captain. The captain sends 5 guys this time, and once again the sailor steps behind the ridge, yells, thuds, screams of pain, and back comes the sailor to yell another insult. The captain, by now enraged, sends half the company up to take care of things. Sailor disappears behind the ridge, the marines run after, thuds, yells, screams of pain, then one of the marines crawls back over the ridge and yells down "run captain, it's a trap! There's 2 of them!".

What a crappy election.
On this one I'm in agreement.
This is why we can't have nice things
Yup.
Nice sentiments. I just want to puke. Sorry.
No need to be sorry. It's worth puking over, frankly.
I think Ben Shapiro summed things up brilliantly, when he said, regarding the election, "Well, America loses. To call this election cycle a dumpster fire is far too cruel to dumpster fires, which at least destroy garbage rather than making them president."

Yeah, a dumpster fire. Another low point hit in US politics. Seem to be coming more frequently and more egregiously all the time.

:shrug: You want to fight for big government liberalism and banana-republic style governance, go for it. I'll meet you on that field of battle.

You're late and missed it, must have been too busy being worried about defeat. The battle has already taken place and the victor is my candidate. :mrgreen:

Too early to establish the drinking game we might want to play on election night?

It will be entertaining, and that's for sure. What the next four years will bring is the issue.

I'd like to think Hillary will be able to work things out with the congress better than Barack Obama did.

And...she may end up with a Democratic congress. Then we can get some things done.

Haha I just showed my platoon sgt this comment. Thank you for giving us the laugh we needed. Carry on!

No problem.

We all need a laugh from time to time.

Too early to establish the drinking game we might want to play on election night?

Drink every time some one posts that America is ****ed? I don't think any one would survive the night.

Drink every time some one posts that America is ****ed? I don't think any one would survive the night.

Yea we're trying to have fun, not kill ourselves.

I'd like to think Hillary will be able to work things out with the congress better than Barack Obama did.

And...she may end up with a Democratic congress. Then we can get some things done.

Like last time? When the abysmal aberration ObamaCare fiasco was crammed down the nation's throat? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass.

Just think about all those multi-million 'contributions' from foreign leaders to the Clinton Foundation, and when they'll come calling for their return favors from Hillary's White House.

Back
Top Bottom