• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Well, it's official.

The country is divided into the "anybody but Clinton" camp, and the "anybody but Trump" camp.

One side or the other will win in November.

And the losing side will never accept it.

So, get out and vote against your favorite bad candidate. When he/she goes down in defeat, you can declare victory.

But, we'll still be stuck with one or the other. There is no "anyone but Trump or Clinton" camp, or, if there is, they have no chance.

and the country will be even more divided than it is now. The losing side will spend all of its time flinging crap, some of it made up, at their despised villain. Get your crap piles ready. You may need them.

What a crappy election.

#anybodybutthese2andohtedcruz

Drink every time some one posts that America is ****ed? I don't think any one would survive the night.

I suspect we would be completely plastered in less than 30 minutes. Well, you would, I would be plastered after a wine cooler, less if I haven't eaten. The relationship between me and alcohol is rather one sided,..... I get my ass kicked.

I suspect we would be completely plastered in less than 30 minutes. Well, you would, I would be plastered after a wine cooler, less if I haven't eaten. The relationship between me and alcohol is rather one sided,..... I get my ass kicked.

I do not drink any more, so I could probably sniff your hippy wine cooler cap and get buzzed.

I've waited over 7 years for the day when the arrogant and obnoxious President Obama would leave the airwaves, his appearances becoming every more nauseating, and much to me dismay he will be replaced by one of two equally arrogant and obnoxious replacements who are both so full of themselves and full of ****.

I'm clearly getting too old but not getting really old fast enough.

The country is divided into the "anybody but Clinton" camp, and the "anybody but Trump" camp.

So, get out and vote against your favorite bad candidate. When he/she goes down in defeat, you can declare victory.

But, we'll still be stuck with one or the other. There is no "anyone but Trump or Clinton" camp, or, if there is, they have no chance.

and the country will be even more divided than it is now. The losing side will spend all of its time flinging crap, some of it made up, at their despised villain. Get your crap piles ready. You may need them.

What a crappy election.

In the late 1960's I became fed up with the "Peace Movement" as it splintered and became political on the inside. I was disgusted with the other side, LBJ especially [now if there ever was a crooked politician, he would be it.) And although I hadn't been drafted, we were all aware long before Credence Clearwater Revival that Senator's sons would never have to fight.

I returned to the land of my birth, and became a journalist.

As each year goes by I grow more and more grateful for that decision. There have been times when economic factors made me look south, and while I had good offers from radio and TV stations in San Fransisco, Sacramento and other cities, something always held me back. In the course of those decisions I lost a fine woman and probably passed on thousands of dollars in income.

I would really like to feel smug about it. But as I watch the bull**** in this election and who are the choices I want to rejoice and sob at the same time. I have friends in the US, and I fear the outcome either way will make their lives harder to live, harder to be a neighbor; the divide will be a chasm.

In closing, I have to note that it has been many years since I met an American who was happy; each day I live I see happiness growing here, and it disappearing in the US. And, at the end of the day, that's what counts. Happiness

You're late and missed it, must have been too busy being worried about defeat. The battle has already taken place and the victor is my candidate. :mrgreen:

Last I checked he was still a candidate, not the President. :shrug:

The ally he depended on for his rise is finally turning on him. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Like last time? When the abysmal aberration ObamaCare fiasco was crammed down the nation's throat? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass.

Yeah! Let's have universal health care instead! That'll be much better!

Just think about all those multi-million 'contributions' from foreign leaders to the Clinton Foundation, and when they'll come calling for their return favors from Hillary's White House.

:shrug: At least it will cost them money. Apparently with Trump all it costs them is some compliments.

What a crappy election.

Ouch.

Like last time? When the abysmal aberration ObamaCare fiasco was crammed down the nation's throat? Thanks, but no thanks. I'll pass.

Just think about all those multi-million 'contributions' from foreign leaders to the Clinton Foundation, and when they'll come calling for their return favors from Hillary's White House.

Oh, Eo...I should have made clear that I do not care if you want it or not.

I was talking about what I want.

Are we good?

I've waited over 7 years for the day when the arrogant and obnoxious President Obama would leave the airwaves, his appearances becoming every more nauseating, and much to me dismay he will be replaced by one of two equally arrogant and obnoxious replacements who are both so full of themselves and full of ****.

I'm clearly getting too old but not getting really old fast enough.

There's a way to handle that problem.

In the late 1960's I became fed up with the "Peace Movement" as it splintered and became political on the inside. I was disgusted with the other side, LBJ especially [now if there ever was a crooked politician, he would be it.) And although I hadn't been drafted, we were all aware long before Credence Clearwater Revival that Senator's sons would never have to fight.

I returned to the land of my birth, and became a journalist.

As each year goes by I grow more and more grateful for that decision. There have been times when economic factors made me look south, and while I had good offers from radio and TV stations in San Fransisco, Sacramento and other cities, something always held me back. In the course of those decisions I lost a fine woman and probably passed on thousands of dollars in income.

I would really like to feel smug about it. But as I watch the bull**** in this election and who are the choices I want to rejoice and sob at the same time. I have friends in the US, and I fear the outcome either way will make their lives harder to live, harder to be a neighbor; the divide will be a chasm.

In closing, I have to note that it has been many years since I met an American who was happy; each day I live I see happiness growing here, and it disappearing in the US. And, at the end of the day, that's what counts. Happiness

You've probably met MANY Americans who are happy...but your personal unhappiness may make you unable to recognize it.

I am a happy American. Very happy. I'm a lucky guy.

And I happy I will have Hillary Clinton to vote for. I think she will make a very fine president...and perhaps quiet some of the haters who have been dumping on her for so long.

Hillary will be a.horrible President and won't silence any thing. She's a corrupt, lying, bough-and-paid-for corporate politician with more sponsors tha NASCAR.

Oh, Eo...I should have made clear that I do not care if you want it or not.

I was talking about what I want.

Are we good?

Sure Frank. You want what you want, and everyone else who wants something different, to hell with them.

Now why does that sound like

. . . .
I've got mine...screw everyone else!
. . . .

What about the "anyone but Clinton or Trump" camp?

Is our situation ripe for a reasonable third party to win?

LOL Even if they were stupid enough to actually ask for favors Hillary will tell them to pound sand and the same goes for those Wall Street contributors.

Hillary will be a.horrible President and won't silence any thing. She's a corrupt, lying, bough-and-paid-for corporate politician with more sponsors tha NASCAR.

Thank you for sharing that rant.

I think she is an intelligent, competent woman who will make a fine president.

Yes, I know. Our Supreme Court has ruled that Assisted Suicide is a constitutional right.

I certainly wish our Supreme Court would be as enlightened as yours, John.

You're lucky to have them.

LOL Even if they were stupid enough to actually ask for favors Hillary will tell them to pound sand and the same goes for those Wall Street contributors.

You really think so?

Because I don't. I think they have their hooks into her the same way that the Wall Street Banksters do, and they'll get what they need and want from her.

All of this puffery she's been spewing on the campaign trail has been for the benefit of the 'little people', the ones she holds in such scorn.
Is it any surprise that her campaign speeches come across all fake? That her concern for the electorate comes across as fake?
It's because it is fake.

Nah. I'll just pencil in Marilyn Vos Savant.
You can tell me I have to accept Coke or Pepsi after someone pissed in both but I don't have to drink it.

Sure Frank. You want what you want, and everyone else who wants something different, to hell with them.

I didn't say that.

I do not care if you do not want something that I want.

I suspect you do not care if I do not want something that you want.

I have no idea of why you would want for the presidency...but if it were someone I would not want...should you care?

I WANT Hillary Clinton as president. I do not buy into all this hatred and rage some of you people have against her...and I think she is a competent and intelligent woman who will be a decent president.

AND I DO NOT CARE ONE IOTA IF YOU DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

Frankly, I am not sure why that should bother you enough for you to make the comment you made.

Now why does that sound like

Only because you want it to sound like it...and because you distorted what I said.

I certainly wish our Supreme Court would be as enlightened as yours, John.

You're lucky to have them.

The law isn't settled at this point - the Supreme Court returned the matter to Parliament to enact laws that govern the process, who is eligible, and doctor participation, etc., but they did rule in a few cases already that certain individuals had the legal right to end their lives with the assistance of medical practitioners. The problem, at this point, is that the current government has drafted legislation that many feel remains unconstitutional based on the Court's ruling and is too restrictive and bureaucratic in the hoops that individuals would have to go through in order to gain a court's approval. At least the Court established the right exists.

For me, in my view, every person should have the ability to seek medically assisted suicide for whatever reason they choose.

I didn't say that.

I do not care if you do not want something that I want.

I suspect you do not care if I do not want something that you want.

I have no idea of why you would want for the presidency...but if it were someone I would not want...should you care?

I WANT Hillary Clinton as president. I do not buy into all this hatred and rage some of you people have against her...and I think she is a competent and intelligent woman who will be a decent president.
You must be walking around with your eyes and ears closed. She's been corrupt for a long time already. Been in all the papers.
AND I DO NOT CARE ONE IOTA IF YOU DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

Frankly, I am not sure why that should bother you enough for you to make the comment you made.

I think Hillary would be possibly the worst of all possible choices for president.

Only because you want it to sound like it...and because you distorted what I said.

Meh. Don't see how a direct post quote is distorted, such as you claim. I think you don't like it when a mirror is held up.

What about the "anyone but Clinton or Trump" camp?

Is our situation ripe for a reasonable third party to win?

I'd like to think so, but where is this reasonable third party?

The law isn't settled at this point - the Supreme Court returned the matter to Parliament to enact laws that govern the process, who is eligible, and doctor participation, etc., but they did rule in a few cases already that certain individuals had the legal right to end their lives with the assistance of medical practitioners. The problem, at this point, is that the current government has drafted legislation that many feel remains unconstitutional based on the Court's ruling and is too restrictive and bureaucratic in the hoops that individuals would have to go through in order to gain a court's approval. At least the Court established the right exists.

For me, in my view, every person should have the ability to seek medically assisted suicide for whatever reason they choose.

AMEN. We certainly agree on that, John.

I hope your parliament makes the good moves.

Back
Top Bottom