• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Well, isn't that nice....

Glad we don't have to do that in today's society since abortion is legal.

Courtneyx3 said:
Yes, but that is basically what an abortion is like...

Which is why I'd rather reduce abortions through education, rather then outlawing it and forcing more women to use a coathanger.

Bluefire said:
Which is why I'd rather reduce abortions through education, rather then outlawing it and forcing more women to use a coathanger.

Most people are educated, they just dont care. They are selfish, they ARE the ones that got themselves pregnant!

Courtneyx3 said:
Most people are educated, they just dont care. They are selfish, they ARE the ones that got themselves pregnant!

The education that I am talking about isn't a high school education - but rather an education as to why abortion is bad. :) I sure as hell know my public school said that "sex without contraception" is bad, but they never touched on why abortion was bad!

Sex is going to happen. Theres a pretty good movie on this, its called 40 days and 40 nights. It has Josh Hartnet making a vow to not have sex for 40 days and 40 nights, and shows his reactions when he follows hte vow.

I honestly believe taht much of the reason why people get abortions is because they don't understand alternatives.

I'm being stereotypical here, but look at a lot of the poor families in the US - lots of them have many, many children and can't afford to raise another one. Instead of adoption or one of the other alternatives, they choose to ahve an abortion.

And outlawing abortions without education isn't going to make the problem better - they'll still feel that abortion is their only option without knowing of viable alternatives. Rather, it'll increase the number of coathanger abortions without solving the abortion problem.

Most pro-choice people aren't pro-abortion. Its a dictinction that people forget all too often.

Urethra Franklin said:
You're telling lies. A medical termination is nothing like that.

So stabbing the baby in the back of the head and then sticking a tube in their head and sucking out the brain isn't like stabbing at them with a coat hanger?

Urethra Franklin said:
You're telling lies. A medical termination is nothing like that.

I didnt say it was exactly like that, but either way the baby dies, and its not a pain-free experince!

Guitarchick54 said:
So stabbing the baby in the back of the head and then sticking a tube in their head and sucking out the brain isn't like stabbing at them with a coat hanger?
Dilation and extraction is one method. So is taking an Ru-486 pill.

Guitarchick54 said:
Still all amounts to Murder! and pain
Murder? Not in the legally defined term, no.

Courtneyx3 said:
And the pill results in sometimes women not being able to get pregnant again.
And this is a bad thing?

Okay, if you have any common sense then abortion is MURDER. Hello what else do you call killing an innocent life?

Last edited:
Murder is to kill when it is against the law. This is one of the many cases(war, death penalty, etc.) where killing is A okay.

Courtneyx3 said:
Okay, if you have any common sense then abortion is MURDER. Hello what else do you call killing an innocent life?
Termination in this case. Do you call a miscarriage an accidental homicide?

Guitarchick54 said:
Killing someone Yes that is MURDER
Legally and for all intents and purposes, a someone is a born someone. Since the fetus is not born, it's not a someone and thusly cannot be legally murdered.

shuamort said:
Legally and for all intents and purposes, a someone is a born someone. Since the fetus is not born, it's not a someone and thusly cannot be legally murdered.

Murder:
1 : to kill (a human being) unlawfully and with premeditated malice

To me the key word is unlawfully. Roe v. Wade makes this whole thing completely lawful.

I don't understand how a fetus isn't a human being just because it hasn't exited the birth canal. Before that it is still human, just in a different stage of development.

Back
Top Bottom