• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Well, I did it. Who's ready to join me?

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
After having been a registered Republican since 1980, I've changed my party affiliation to Democratic.

I won't be associated with the party running a fraud and con man as their presidential candidate.

Who will join me?

After having been a registered Republican since 1980, I've changed my party affiliation to Democratic.

I won't be associated with the party running a fraud and con man as their presidential candidate.

Who will join me?
Not me. I'm not going to affiliate myself with either the Democrats or Republicans because I ain't gonna vote for Hillary nor Trump. They're both such terrible candidates, so much so that I cannot for the life of me bring myself to vote for either of those two scumbags. I'm gonna vote 3rd Party, probably for Gary Johnson. But if not, then I'm just gonna stay the **** home and watch the events unfold from my TV Screen.

Who will join me?
If it's true I find it highly unlikely that you were a Republican to begin with. First and foremost Hillary is a fraud and a conman. Secondly if you found Trump really that odious you'd go independent or libertarian, not Democratic. Thirdly it seems that the issues you care about can't be that important and that you're more concerned about the status quo and not necessarily the party in charge: you don't need to change your party to Democratic to do that. Lastly now that the primaries are over it doesn't matter what your party affiliation is for the general election. If Trump is as bad as you say he is then he'll lose the election and the GOP will go back to being a do nothing opposition party which focuses more about it's own power than the business of government that you so desperately crave. You don't need to change your party affiliation for that.

This entire gesture rings hallow.

Who will join me?

I'm looking into Austin Petersen, who is selling himself as the Libertarian Candidate who is also Pro-Life.

If it's true I find it highly unlikely that you were a Republican to begin with. First and foremost Hillary is a fraud and a conman. Secondly if you found Trump really that odious you'd go independent or libertarian, not Democratic. Thirdly it seems that the issues you care about can't be that important and that you're more concerned about the status quo and not necessarily the party in charge: you don't need to change your party to Democratic to do that. Lastly now that the primaries are over it doesn't matter what your party affiliation is for the general election. If Trump is as bad as you say he is then he'll lose the election and the GOP will go back to being a do nothing opposition party which focuses more about it's own power than the business of government that you so desperately crave. You don't need to change your party affiliation for that.

Ironically, you are correct :D

Who will join me?

That is why I am registered Independent. I don't like con men or con women.

Who will join me?

Can't. Sorry. Your new party is running a fraud and a con-woman as their presidential candidate.

Not me. I'm not going to affiliate myself with either the Democrats or Republicans because I ain't gonna vote for Hillary nor Trump. They're both such terrible candidates, so much so that I cannot for the life of me bring myself to vote for either of those two scumbags. I'm gonna vote 3rd Party, probably for Gary Johnson. But if not, then I'm just gonna stay the **** home and watch the events unfold from my TV Screen.

I will vote for the Libertarian as well. And don't forget that this isn't just a presidential ballot. You still have local and state elections as well as some Congressional seats up. Please vote.

I will vote for the Libertarian as well. And don't forget that this isn't just a presidential ballot. You still have local and state elections as well as some Congressional seats up. Please vote.
Yes, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Yes, I know it sounds spooky.

But Trump as the only candidate left standing the the Republican party is so odious that I don't want to be associated with him in any way.

Yes, I could have gone independent or libertarian, but then, there is a primary election coming up. That doesn't mean I won't vote libertarian once again in November, but we'll see. Right now, its ABT - Anybody But Trump.

I will join you and the others when you go nonpartisan. :)
I'll leave the definition of insanity here for you.

One other point. Isn't it a little late to actually have any effect on the Democratic party through voting?
If your main reason is Trump, then don't vote for him as President. The rest just seems to be a way to thumb your nose at the Republicans after the fact.

Last edited:

Who will join me?

Good for you. Just a thought, one does not have to belong to any Party, why not be your own Man and simply be a Citizen.

I'm looking into Austin Petersen, who is selling himself as the Libertarian Candidate who is also Pro-Life.

I saw the Libertarian debate and Austin petersen was out of his depth. Gary Johnson flip flopped a little bit. McAffee gave the best answers on substance but he seemed to be tweaking or was at least, very twitchy. I'd give the edge to Johnson during that debate.

Good for you. Just a thought, one does not have to belong to any Party, why not be your own Man and simply be a Citizen.

I've been my own man all along. I've never voted the party line, and don't intend to now. The reason for picking a party is to be able to vote in the primaries.

I've been my own man all along. I've never voted the party line, and don't intend to now. The reason for picking a party is to be able to vote in the primaries.

Fair enough, never bothered me all that much who they pick since it is Their Party and not mine.

Who will join me?

Not me. There's no room in the Democratic coalition for a successful straight white man.

Losers and self-anointed victims are welcome, I'm sure.

I'm so glad our state doesn't require us to register as anything.

I saw the Libertarian debate and Austin petersen was out of his depth. Gary Johnson flip flopped a little bit. McAffee gave the best answers on substance but he seemed to be tweaking or was at least, very twitchy. I'd give the edge to Johnson during that debate.

Peterson is usually a little better than that, and Johnson is polished as Hell. This isn't he first rodeo. McAffee just looks nervous.

Not me. There's no room in the Democratic coalition for a successful straight white man.

Losers and self-anointed victims are welcome, I'm sure.

I wasn't required to give up my guns, my Bible, or turn gay. I'm still white, too.

Who will join me?

I certainly won't vote for the guy. The thing is, the alternative is so sad.

I certainly won't vote for the guy. The thing is, the alternative is so sad.
This years presidential candidates basically come down to if you want the **** sandwich, or the puke milkshake.

Who will join me?

So you think it's better to associate yourself with the party of an inept fraudulent unindicted felon con women.

Go for it.

I wasn't required to give up my guns, my Bible, or turn gay. I'm still white, too.

The police will be around to take your guns in a while, I'm sure, along with everyone else's guns. The Bible is fine as long as you never speak of it in public, especially in terms of making any moral claims. And you might want to cop to being gay just to gain the attendant advantages with that organization, otherwise you might find yourself constantly being shat on.

The police will be around to take your guns in a while, I'm sure, along with everyone else's guns. The Bible is fine as long as you never speak of it in public, especially in terms of making any moral claims. And you might want to cop to being gay just to gain the attendant advantages with that organization, otherwise you might find yourself constantly being shat on.
The police will never be able to take away anyone's guns. And you can speak about the Bible in public as loud as you please, just look at all the crazy street preachers everywhere.

The police will never be able to take away anyone's guns. And you can speak about the Bible in public as loud as you please, just look at all the crazy street preachers everywhere.
In New Orleans, the National Guard took people's guns so that rioters and looters would have less resistance. That is a thing that happened.

Back
Top Bottom