• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well how about that

Have pity on Nancy.

She is Speaker in name.

But I have read that those new radical Congress people like Alexandria, Rashida, et al., are calling the tune.

Don't be surprised if she decides not to run in 2020.

Got any links to that bit about newbies "calling the tune"? Because I'm not buying it. Even they know that for at least the next year or so, nobody is more qualified to advance the Democratic agenda than Pelosi.

How do you define the underclass? The poor, those making under 50,000 or what I seen a whole lot on this site, the uneducated, those with a high school education or less? If you're talking about those making less than 50,000, the Democrats have won this group every year since 1992. That was the first year this stat was kept.

If you're talking about what has been called the uneducated, a High School or less education, Reagan won them twice and G.H.W. Bush once. Bill Clinton won them twice as did G.W. Bush. Obama won them twice and Trump won them once. Education is a mixed bag. I would say the candidate with the most charisma won this group.

FYI, on the other side of the coin, college grads went for Reagan twice, G.H.W. Bush, twice, Dole once, G.W. Bush twice, Obama, once, Romney and finally Hillary Clinton. The reason I decided to add college grads, the supposed educated class is I seen posters blaming Trump's victory on the uneducated or HS or less voting block. The educated vote Democratic. Not so. If only college grads decided whom would be president we would have had Reagan twice, G.H.W. Bush twice, he won college grads over Bill Clinton as did Dole who would have become president in 1996. G.W. Bush won them twice over Gore and Kerry, although Obama won them over McCain, but Romney would have become president in 2012 if college grads decided the presidential outcome. Of course Hillary in 2016. A mixed bag there.

Education and intelligence are not the same thing. Even Donald Trump has a college degree.

This story was tweeted by the known liar Don Jr. (the apple does not fall far from the tree) He gave no specifics and no additional info. It was picked up by Bannons web site and then echoed on Fox News. It may be true, it may not. With scant details provided by the OP it should be dismissed as Pelosi Derangement Syndrome, previously known as Hillary Derangement Syndrome.

It originated with Infowars.

Did she? Or is this yet another example of right wing nut jobs gobbling up and regurgitating nonsense acquired via Fox News and Infowars?

https://www.truthorfiction.com/is-n...o-had-a-family-member-murdered-by-an-illegal/

They crashed her office at a very busy time. There is a right way and a wrong way to meet with congressional representatives. This was the wrong way. Not being at liberty to meet with them is not an indication that she doesn't care.

When you righties play the victim card, you go all out.

:spin:

:soap

They have absolutely no shame at all. Dishonest, hypocritical, scummy, just like their politicians. if a democrat pulled what that POS scoundrel McConnel pulled, they would be going bat**** crazy. If obama's family members and cabinet members got rich off their positions, they would be losing their ****. If obama pathetically served fast food at the white house, they would have gone nuts. After all, they went nuts for obama wearing beige suit and for his choice of what to put mustard on. meanwhile, Trump eats burnt steaks with ketchup.

They really are a joke and they have zero credibility. All they are doing is trolling and making asses out of themselves now

and this is how you tell whether politicians are in it for the country, or so they can continue being politicians.

Yup, Republicans doing nothing to stop Trump. McConnel refusing to even allow a vote on a budget which could override president douchebag. Republicans for 2 years allowing Trump to do whatever he wants, cronyisms run amok, all the links to Russia and illegal activity, and Trump enriching his family by using the office of presidency to benefit his family financially.

Yup, we are seeing the republicans care more about being politicians than their country. That's why when they had power for 2 year they did nothing but give billionaires a tax break. They don't want to do anything about illegals. Tehy never do. Just like how they refused to vote on a bill that provided 40 billion for border security under Obama. That's a lot of border security. They just keep their dumb base on the hook for decades and decades doing the same ****.

Look at abortion. When Obama was president, the republican house passed dozens of anti abortion bills, which they knew wouldn't get passed Senate and Obama. once they got power, no more abortion bills. once they are out, they will start the cycle again and amazingly their dumb constituency will continue to buy it

Yup, Republicans doing nothing to stop Trump. McConnel refusing to even allow a vote on a budget which could override president douchebag. Republicans for 2 years allowing Trump to do whatever he wants, cronyisms run amok, all the links to Russia and illegal activity, and Trump enriching his family by using the office of presidency to benefit his family financially.

Yup, we are seeing the republicans care more about being politicians than their country. That's why when they had power for 2 year they did nothing but give billionaires a tax break. They don't want to do anything about illegals. Tehy never do. Just like how they refused to vote on a bill that provided 40 billion for border security under Obama. That's a lot of border security. They just keep their dumb base on the hook for decades and decades doing the same ****.

Look at abortion. When Obama was president, the republican house passed dozens of anti abortion bills, which they knew wouldn't get passed Senate and Obama. once they got power, no more abortion bills. once they are out, they will start the cycle again and amazingly their dumb constituency will continue to buy it

why would republican voters, and republican congressmen and do anything to stop him? he is trying to do what they by and large want him to do.

the bad stuff you mention? sorry you and the other liberals are going to have to supply solid proof of that. hey but if you do , sure lets impeach him. I could care less either way. I think the trade war with China is good... i think tougher border security against illegal immigration is good and I think that protecting the 2nd amendment is good... so why am I disappointed in Trump?

I have some liberal beliefs as well, but i can;t find a NON WHACKO Kennedy Democrat who believes in the constitution to take up with for those beliefs. I could care less about stopping abortion , btw. if people want to kill their own children, more power to them.

If it bothers you maybe your side should have run someone less worry inducing to moderates and republicans when you had the chance and not the queen of corruption and bull****.

3rd part, you're actually right, I agree with that about some repuiblicans.. also some democrats.. aren't out for anything but their own checkbooks and faking representing their constituents. that was the whole point in voting in an outsider.. to get rid of the establishment politicians and ruffle them. Trump was the only possibility of that this time.. the democratic party made sure of that as best they could... hillary would have won the primary anyway, more than likely but they weren't taking any chances.

run an outsider.. a better one, and I might vote for them next time.

Last edited:
But border security IS HER duty. The sleazy old bag just didnt want to be filmed lying to those unfortunate mothers.

Why didn't the GOP appropriate the 5 billion when they controlled the house? Why did you lot start squawking the moment the Dems took the ball away from you?

Oh. Right. Because you're lying. Manufactured outrage, and you don't even sound convinced you believe it.

All this blather, but it remains that Pelosi is a two faced witch.

Got any links to that bit about newbies "calling the tune"?

I have read various articles that some of Her Majesty's troops are not that pleased with her, but I don't remember where I read them.

But I can direct you to one article. Just google these words: Freshman Democrats Turn on Pelosi Breitbart

(I'm just a little computer illiterate senior citizen who does not know how to link. Sorry. By the way, I know that many Democrats distrust Breitbart, but the article seems accurate enough.)

Why would she need to meet with them? She already is aware of their agenda. She would not change her mind about The Wall(TM).

Fake outrage.

"I don't care about your family member who was killed by an illegal! I don't want border security! Go away!"

"I don't care about your family member who was killed by an illegal! I don't want border security! Go away!"

Border security != The Wall(TM)

I have read various articles that some of Her Majesty's troops are not that pleased with her, but I don't remember where I read them.

But I can direct you to one article. Just google these words: Freshman Democrats Turn on Pelosi Breitbart

(I'm just a little computer illiterate senior citizen who does not know how to link. Sorry. By the way, I know that many Democrats distrust Breitbart, but the article seems accurate enough.)

Breitbart lacks any credibility. They fail my own fact checks far too often.

I do understand that many House Democrats voted against Pelosi, but cooler heads realize that for now, and probably until Trump is voted out or resigns or is impeached, she's the best person for that job. Someone new would have a steep learning curve, and right now Dems don't have time for that.

Perhaps Pelosi should mentor a couple of the new reps.

Back
Top Bottom