• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Welcome to the jungle: New Dems get early political lesson

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
SO pro-Islamist House newb from Michiganistan, Rashida Tlaib, just got SMACKED TF DOWN, by the House leadership...as her "We're gonna impeach the motherf---er," Tlaib exclaimed during a party Thursday night hosted by the liberal activist group MoveOn, according to video and comments on Twitter..comments brought a swift PIMP-SLAPPING...

You CAN'T BUY COMEDY THIS GOOD!!

Welcome to the jungle: New Dems get early political lesson..SMACKDOWN for Tlaib

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The education of the star-studded class of House freshmen has begun.

Lesson one: Speaking with the bluntness of a candidate can produce swift and uncomfortable results.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib learned that before lunch Friday, when her profane remarks the night before vowing to impeach President Donald Trump drew almost no support, and plenty of pushback, from members of her party. "It's been pretty intense," Tlaib, D-Mich., told The Associated Press in a brief hallway interview Friday as she reported to the House to face her colleagues.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/welcome-jungle-dems-early-political-lesson-205822894--politics.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd have posted more of the SMACKDOWN, but I don't want to get busted for too much info posted...again.

Love it when they eat their own!!

I think Pelosi gave her a pass, where as Cummings appropriately chastised her.

Wow. What a surprise. The Dem looney tunes House marches over the cliff on the first day.

I thought for sure that it'd be at least a week. :shrug:

I think Pelosi gave her a pass, where as Cummings appropriately chastised her.

Wow. What a surprise. The Dem looney tunes House marches over the cliff on the first day.

I thought for sure that it'd be at least a week. :shrug:

More quotes: (From the OP link = CREDIT FOR QUOTE PROVIDED )

~
"I disagree with what she said," said House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., during a CNN interview. His committee would be the one to begin impeachment proceedings.

"It is too early to talk about that intelligently," Nadler said. "We have to follow the facts.

~

~Tlaib's defiance flew in the face of Speaker Nancy Pelosi's warning to focus on policies the candidates had promised ahead of the Nov. 6 elections. The timing also chafed, just hours before congressional leaders were headed to the White House to try to resolve the standoff over the border wall Trump is demanding in exchange for reopening the government. Republicans pounced, using the occasion to question the Democrats' true priorities and Pelosi's leadership.

With a tight smile, Pelosi rejected Tlaib's profanity and her impeachment vow.

"That is not the position of the House Democratic caucus," Pelosi said on MSNBC of Tlaib's comments. "I don't think we should make a big deal of it."~

And that's the issue we have today:

Democrats call it reasonable and responsible to correct extremists in their party.
Republicans call it betrayal...eating their own.

When are Republicans going to start correcting Trump? I suppose we're leaving it mostly up to the Republican, Robert Mueller?

Democrats call it reasonable and responsible to correct extremists in their party.

When are Republicans going to start correcting Trump? I suppose we're leaving it mostly up to the Republican, Robert Mueller?

At least you concede that electing a pro-Islamist to the US House was seating an "EXTEMIST"; be sure to let us know when the GOP does.

So what was the smack down?

SO pro-Islamist House newb from Michiganistan, Rashida Tlaib, just got SMACKED TF DOWN, by the House leadership...as her "We're gonna impeach the motherf---er," Tlaib exclaimed during a party Thursday night hosted by the liberal activist group MoveOn, according to video and comments on Twitter..comments brought a swift PIMP-SLAPPING...

You CAN'T BUY COMEDY THIS GOOD!!

Welcome to the jungle: New Dems get early political lesson..SMACKDOWN for Tlaib

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The education of the star-studded class of House freshmen has begun.

Lesson one: Speaking with the bluntness of a candidate can produce swift and uncomfortable results.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib learned that before lunch Friday, when her profane remarks the night before vowing to impeach President Donald Trump drew almost no support, and plenty of pushback, from members of her party. "It's been pretty intense," Tlaib, D-Mich., told The Associated Press in a brief hallway interview Friday as she reported to the House to face her colleagues.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/welcome-jungle-dems-early-political-lesson-205822894--politics.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd have posted more of the SMACKDOWN, but I don't want to get busted for too much info posted...again.

When you are trying to act like the party of the sane, you can't have dirt bags running solo tipping the party's hand.

Really? When will the correcting of Antifa begin?

Reading comp troubles?

No. Just failed to see the "smack down".

Did she get censured? What repercussions did she face other than "that really wasn't appropriate"?

No. Just failed to see the "smack down".

Did she get censured? What repercussions did she face other than "that really wasn't appropriate"?

Read the OP story...I didn't write it...she was basically told to STFU.

Oh..more Word Dancing, as usual, we see.

So, of she wasn't executed, there was no "smackdown".

Really? When will the correcting of Antifa begin?

No goalposts moving today, learn how to stay the **** on topic.

Tlaib was corrected by Democrats, immediately.
In contrast, Trump is up to 10000 deporable statements, tweets, and actions, most as POTUS, vs Tlaibs 1.

No one buys the faux pearl cluthching, not that anyone takes Grok's Russian troll posts seriously.

Read the OP story...I didn't write it...she was basically told to STFU.

Oh..more Word Dancing, as usual, we see.

So, of she wasn't executed, there was no "smackdown".

Executed? Why did that pop up in your head? Censure is a way that a congress person can be reprimanded.

You may not have written the "story" that your OP is based on, but it was you who used the word "smackdown". Not in the article linked.

So which particular reaction was a "smackdown" in your opinion?

I think your thread should have been titled differently.

Maybe something like " the house takes the high ground and gets to work, even when some new exuberantl new members press for immediate action of the inevitable".

They did not smack her down, they just said all this G's in due time...

At least you concede that electing a pro-Islamist to the US House was seating an "EXTEMIST"; be sure to let us know when the GOP does.

The democrat leadership left it out there, unchallenged because they are afraid of their new lift wing base.

Well so much for the "smackdown"...Pelosi is already using it to discuss society's view of women :lamo

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1081392939325186048

MSNBC@MSNBC

Speaker Pelosi responds to the expletive used by Rep. Rashida Tlaib in calling for the impeachment of President Trump: "Let me just ask you this, if she were a man would they be making a fuss like that?"
0:30
7:32 PM - 4 Jan 2019

(imo, if a male Democrat had said the same thing, I believe there would have been a similar reaction)

Back
Top Bottom