• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Welcome Mr Ambassador now where is our £7.2m?

Higgins86

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Major Of London Boris Johnson greeted new US ambassador and slyly asked for the £7.2m owed by the US embassy in un paid congestion charges. A total of £67m is owed in congestion charges with the US the biggest flaunter of the London traffic rule with 63,000 fines.

American officials insist the charge is actually a tax meaning they are exempt from paying.

Boris Johnson Congratulates New US Ambassador By Demanding £7.2m Congestion Charges

Got to love Boris.

Major Of London Boris Johnson greeted new US ambassador and slyly asked for the £7.2m owed by the US embassy in un paid congestion charges. A total of £67m is owed in congestion charges with the US the biggest flaunter of the London traffic rule with 63,000 fines.

American officials insist the charge is actually a tax meaning they are exempt from paying.

Boris Johnson Congratulates New US Ambassador By Demanding £7.2m Congestion Charges

Got to love Boris.

Hilarious.

London congestion charge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The London congestion charge is a fee

Therefore the Americans should pay up on the congestion charge. Still either way its typical of Boris, best politician for the last decade maybe more.

oh yeh they should def pay up! I take the tube into work everyday so I can avoid that fee.

I don't really go to London that often so it isn't on the top of my mind. The largest city near to where I live is Cardiff so I've never experienced a congestion fee. Either way its a good idea to raise money and reduce emissions in the city. Living in the backside of nowhere anytime I come into London I always notice the smog above the city. Still has its nicer places. I've heard many stories about the tube such as the tramps and other such oddities. Never taken it myself.

Waiting for the New Yorker to come and say.. "sure, when the Brits pay their fines and parking in New York for the last 60 years".

EDIT: Clarification.. the UN diplomats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom