• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Welcome mexico to the United States

VanceMack

Less like the tiger...more like the lion.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I think the time has come for honest and direct action. mexico already is such a ****hole that it has 20-30 million of its most motivated individuals escaping that toilet for a chance at SOME form of employment in the US. No matter what we do here nothing will change as long as mixico remains the ****hole that it is. So...in all seriousness..I think its either or time. i think we should enter into discussions with the mexican government to absorb as states into the US, or we should cut off any and all economic aid INCLUDING the siphoning off of currency from the US economy by money being sent back into mexico by its illegal workers. NOT as a punishment but as a means of our own SURVIVAL.

could the American economy handle the strain of 111000000 more people, many of whom would apply for welfare?

I think the time has come for honest and direct action. mexico already is such a ****hole that it has 20-30 million of its most motivated individuals escaping that toilet for a chance at SOME form of employment in the US. No matter what we do here nothing will change as long as mixico remains the ****hole that it is. So...in all seriousness..I think its either or time. i think we should enter into discussions with the mexican government to absorb as states into the US, or we should cut off any and all economic aid INCLUDING the siphoning off of currency from the US economy by money being sent back into mexico by its illegal workers. NOT as a punishment but as a means of our own SURVIVAL.

Yea if that happens, I'm raiding my savings account.
I'll stock up on food, water and other provisions because our debt will explode from the transition.

We'll spiral out out so bad, that we'll become a failed state.

could the American economy handle the strain of 111000000 more people, many of whom would apply for welfare?

Way over 50% (probably closer to over 75%) of the population would automatically qualify for medicaid, food stamps, Section 8, TANF, EITC, etc.

It would be a death blow doing that and trying to build quality infrastructure.
Not to mention the rest of central America crossing the border trying to get in on the new U.S.

I'm not sure if absorbing Mexico into the United States would be the right way to go about it simply because of the difference in economic levels and culture. Rather what would be more helpful would be the creation of a North American Economic Community as a forerunner to a North American Union with Canada as well. Instead of bringing them right in let's phase Mexico into modernity.

Legalizing recreational drugs here in the U.S. would also go along way to helping that nation out too.

Way over 50% (probably closer to over 75%) of the population would automatically qualify for medicaid, food stamps, Section 8, TANF, EITC, etc.

It would be a death blow doing that and trying to build quality infrastructure.
Not to mention the rest of central America crossing the border trying to get in on the new U.S.

Not only that but it wouldn't work. Not all immigrants are from Mexico. Many of them are from further south.

Not only that but it wouldn't work. Not all immigrants are from Mexico. Many of them are from further south.

you'd have a much smaller border to keep closed if you annexed mexico though, so that's a positive.

As I have said before. The losers of the country are crossing the border.

The people that can't or won't do anything with their life and they see it as an easy answer.

You don't see doctors or lawyers or engineers crossing the border illegally.

By the way there are just as many losers in the US as have crossed the border but the US govt takes care of all their needs so they don't have to go anywhere. I don't see much of a difference.

As far as I am concerned you can have them. That is a couple million less drunks on our roads here in Mexico.

Mexico is not a third world country at all. Business thrives here just like anywhere else.

The people that have nothing and then make 7 kids and then those kids grow up to do nothing with their lives, are who you are seeing crossing the border.

If these same people worked hard here they could make the same money, or at least be left with the same amount without all the felonies they commit to do it in the US.

Believe me you do not want Mexico to be merged with the US. Just training new cops (or hiring new ones with integrity) would break the bank.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if absorbing Mexico into the United States would be the right way to go about it simply because of the difference in economic levels and culture. Rather what would be more helpful would be the creation of a North American Economic Community as a forerunner to a North American Union with Canada as well. Instead of bringing them right in let's phase Mexico into modernity.

Legalizing recreational drugs here in the U.S. would also go along way to helping that nation out too.

Have you ever been to Mexico or does your assumption depend on the shots of dirt roads the movies usually use of the country?

The large cities and even some of the smaller ones are very modern and have all the choices that American cities have for shopping and to eat.

What difference in economic levels and culture do you think there are?

Last edited:
you'd have a much smaller border to keep closed if you annexed mexico though, so that's a positive.

You are right, its a smaller border. Look at what the IDF is doing vs the palestinians, borderwise, and realize that there is still a lot of smuggling going on. Its an unsolvable problem I think.

valid question. Can we support the 20-30 million illegals PLUS their families PLUS the families they send money to currently? Can we support the hundreds of billions of dollars we spend on border enforcement, INS/ICE, arrest and detection, etc? And of that population surely there are SOME cities that would benefit. Not ALL are indigent.

Im looking at/for viable options. amnesty is a failed proposal. Its a cheap way to pretend you are actually addressing a problem. So...what do we DO?

Thats absolutely correct. And regardless of the fact that there are illegals from other countries, people are lying if they dont admit that the BULK are people from mexico.

You are right, its a smaller border. Look at what the IDF is doing vs the palestinians, borderwise, and realize that there is still a lot of smuggling going on. Its an unsolvable problem I think.

There are no such things as unsolvable problems...just bad responses...and we have had a BUNCH of bad responses. Its surely time for some new thinking...

Why not? We already support that many in various other countries worldwide via our welfare and warfare.

If we're going to just give away money to be burned I'd rather it be to our neighbor whose declinging property value is tanking my own (not literally).

If we do it in the Middle East - who don't want us there. . . and in Africa and everywhere else to help *them* out then why not just do it in Mexico and South American to help *them* out - afterall - what *they* do/don't do *does* directly effect us.

Wait wait! I know why!
Because it's in our BACK YARD and people don't support *that* when it comes to choosing a side.

As I have said before. The losers of the country are crossing the border.

The people that can't or won't do anything with their life and they see it as an easy answer.

You don't see doctors or lawyers or engineers crossing the border illegally.

By the way there are just as many losers in the US as have crossed the border but the US govt takes care of all their needs so they don't have to go anywhere. I don't see much of a difference.

As far as I am concerned you can have them. That is a couple million less drunks on our roads here in Mexico.

Mexico is not a third world country at all. Business thrives here just like anywhere else.

The people that have nothing and then make 7 kids and then those kids grow up to do nothing with their lives, are who you are seeing crossing the border.

If these same people worked hard here they could make the same money, or at least be left with the same amount without all the felonies they commit to do it in the US.

Believe me you do not want Mexico to be merged with the US. Just training new cops (or hiring new ones with integrity) would break the bank.

I know for a fact that you are simply wrong. The losers of mexico are no different than the losers here...they stay in their squalor and wait for someone to take care of them (and believe me...WE need an intervention too). The great majority of those that come here are committed to risk EVERYTHING to work and provide for a family. They arent doctors, teachers or scientists because they have no OPPORTUNIY to become such things.

We are ALREADY breaking the bank in a status quo system. Something has to change.

Im all for legalizing drugs and I proposed once a long time ago to invest in mexico...10 year plan...no expectation of return...build trade schools. Open plants and hire people at US wages...create an employment picture that was healthy and in 10 years we would have an economically viable trading partner. Of course...that was prior to 2007 when we had unemployment in the 4% range.

Yea if that happens, I'm raiding my savings account.
I'll stock up on food, water and other provisions because our debt will explode from the transition.

We'll spiral out out so bad, that we'll become a failed state.

I have to ask the obvious...do you HONESTLY not seeing us becoming that anyway? Unless we have a radical change in mindset, we will go the way of every great civilization every 250-300 years. We are already spiralling downward. we are at a point because of our consitution (how ironic is that) that guarantees equal rights, the dependent class is the stronger voting block. We are well on our way to Idiocracy. The poor are having babies at a greater rate than the wealthy and economically viable, if for not other reason than because we SUSTAIN them. We provide FOR them the opportunity to be pathetic dependent and crippled pets. and in turn...they vote in people that will use them to stay in power and ensure crippled and dependent pets they STAY.

I think the 20-30 million number is wrong

10% of the US population can not be illegal Mexican immigrants to the US. Ie 1 in 10 people

10% of the US population can not be illegal Mexican immigrants to the US. Ie 1 in 10 people

They're not counted as part of *the population* they are on the outside of *the population* except for when they receive benefits in various forms (school, healthcare, etc).

They're not counted as part of *the population* they are on the outside of *the population* except for when they receive benefits in various forms (school, healthcare, etc).

It still would be about 1 in 10 people in the US either way

Why not? I dont think those numbers are at all incorrect and suspect it may be even higher. But if it were smaller...say 12 million...would that be more palatable? That is still the entire population of several states COMBINED.

Why not? I dont think those numbers are at all incorrect and suspect it may be even higher. But if it were smaller...say 12 million...would that be more palatable? That is still the entire population of several states COMBINED.

Nothing to due with palatable,

I just cant see 10% of the people in the US being Mexican illegal immigrants. Especially as they are rather concentrated in the US boarder states if I am not mistaken

Absorbing Mexico into the US isn't the answer. The answer is to help Mexico into the 21st Century. Canadians aren't breaking down doors to get into the United States. Mexico either IS a very poor country or its leaders suck the life right out of it. Parts of Mexico are no better than Third World countries. Change that and they won't break breakin' down our doors either.

Can anyone say New World Order? Not as a conspiracy theory, but as a solution.

Nothing to due with palatable,

I just cant see 10% of the people in the US being Mexican illegal immigrants. Especially as they are rather concentrated in the US boarder states if I am not mistaken

You might want to look into the illegal immigrant problem in the Carolinas...in New York...no...it isnt isolated.

Absorbing Mexico into the US isn't the answer. The answer is to help Mexico into the 21st Century. Canadians aren't breaking down doors to get into the United States. Mexico either IS a very poor country or its leaders suck the life right out of it. Parts of Mexico are no better than Third World countries. Change that and they won't break breakin' down our doors either.

Can anyone say New World Order? Not as a conspiracy theory, but as a solution.

I proposed that...several years ago...investing all those INS dollars in helping mexico build its economic infrastructure. That was back when WE had one...

Back
Top Bottom