• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Welcome Home!

And what exactly is your avatar of, it's quite small?

As is yours, which is what DP allows compared to your signature line. How did you like the video? By the way here is what our troops think of GW Bush and that is all that really matters, not what you think.

GW Bush.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
As is yours, which is what DP allows compared to your signature line.

That's actually Ewan McCregor from Black Hawk Down :)

How did you like the video?

I think it's heartfelt, I don't think George Bush is a bad man personally. As a president though, no. But that's my opinion.

By the way here is what our troops think of GW Bush and that is all that really matters, not what you think.

I didn't say what I thought... I may not like George Bush, but your picture proves nothing about what they think of him, perhaps they do think highly of him. But aren't they suppose to salute the commander in chief?

You might be shocked to know that they salute Obama as well... and you know what, he salutes them back.

PHO-09Apr06-184546.jpg

That's actually Ewan McCregor from Black Hawk Down :)

I think it's heartfelt, I don't think George Bush is a bad man personally. As a president though, no. But that's my opinion.

I didn't say what I thought... I may not like George Bush, but your picture proves nothing about what they think of him, perhaps they do think highly of him. But aren't they suppose to salute the commander in chief?

You might be shocked to know that they salute Obama as well... and you know what, he salutes them back.

PHO-09Apr06-184546.jpg

What you seem to ignore is the fact that GW Bush never sought publicity for support from the troops whereas Obama continues to seek publicity for just about anything. Everything is a photo op for Obama whereas Bush understood individual privacy and truly has respect for our men and women in uniform. Fact is our troops do salute the Commander in Chief regardless of who holds that office but that doesn't change the respect they have for the office vs. the man. Polls of the military personnel tell the true story.

What you seem to ignore is the fact that GW Bush never sought publicity for support from the troops.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing.

But isn't there kind of a hole in your point because of the picture you're using? I mean that's a pretty intentionally well shot picture, that's not by accident.

By your logic, that picture is a publicity pic.

understood individual privacy

How does Obama not do that?

Beat me to it ROFL!

Is there some reason that you ignore the speech given on that carrier and exactly what that sign signaled. Of course you do. The sign got a lot more attention than the speech content which is typical with Bush and those that continue to ignore the reasons for going into war and the reality is that it was a Democrat Senate that authorized i.

Is there some reason that you ignore the speech given on that carrier and exactly what that sign signaled. Of course you do. The sign got a lot more attention than the speech content which is typical with Bush and those that continue to ignore the reasons for going into war and the reality is that it was a Democrat Senate that authorized i.

Do you realise I'm not attacking Bush.

I'm attacking your faulty logic, I see you could not refute anything I said. I don't care about the speech or anything else. But if you're saying the picture I posted is for media attention. Then landing on an aircraft carrier in a jump suit to give a speech on the deck with a massive sign saying mission accomplished is a goddam media circus... using your own logic here btw.

If Obama had done that I'm sure you'd have had a few choice words to say. I don't give a crap about Obama vs. Bush or anything else, but your logic is faulty in this case.

Did anyone see media coverage on this? Here is why my Avatar is what it is?

YouTube - President George W Bush Greeting Troops at DFW

Obama hears negative press stories about his lack of involvement with the troops and then like magic there is a photo op of him showing how much he 'cares'. I don't recall Bush ever caring about a public opinion poll. He did what he did because he believed it was the right thing to do. I was in the middle east on a few of his visits. There was no pre-brief about showing proper respect and etiquette, about selecting who would be standing behind him, about appropriate questions or comments.

Its probably missed by most, but every soldier was 'coined' during that greeting. That means a lot to us. I don't expect others to understand it. I dont expect Obama to make every homecoming or mass troop deployment. How can he make time for all those events? Its not like he is making time for daytime TV shows.

Maybe they are there...I didn't see it...but conspicuously absent are the media...the official photographers, CNN...NBC...CBS...

Do you realise I'm not attacking Bush.

I'm attacking your faulty logic, I see you could not refute anything I said. I don't care about the speech or anything else. But if you're saying the picture I posted is for media attention. Then landing on an aircraft carrier in a jump suit to give a speech on the deck with a massive sign saying mission accomplished is a goddam media circus... using your own logic here btw.

If Obama had done that I'm sure you'd have had a few choice words to say. I don't give a crap about Obama vs. Bush or anything else, but your logic is faulty in this case.

Actually Obama has already sent out Gibbs, The Plugged Wonder, and others to talk about his 'great success' in Iraq, you know...following the plan established by Bush.

Obama hears negative press stories about his lack of involvement with the troops and then like magic there is a photo op of him showing how much he 'cares'. I don't recall Bush ever caring about a public opinion poll. He did what he did because he believed it was the right thing to do. I was in the middle east on a few of his visits. There was no pre-brief about showing proper respect and etiquette, about selecting who would be standing behind him, about appropriate questions or comments.

Its probably missed by most, but every soldier was 'coined' during that greeting. That means a lot to us. I don't expect others to understand it. I dont expect Obama to make every homecoming or mass troop deployment. How can he make time for all those events? Its not like he is making time for daytime TV shows.

Maybe they are there...I didn't see it...but conspicuously absent are the media...the official photographers, CNN...NBC...CBS...

Thank you so much for your service. I had three family members serving in Iraq over the past 7 years and they all say the same thing about Bush. Talking about it however is like putting a red cape in front of that liberal bull.

Thank you so much for your service. I had three family members serving in Iraq over the past 7 years and they all say the same thing about Bush. Talking about it however is like putting a red cape in front of that liberal bull.

I think everyone that works, pays taxes and contibutes to society 'serves', so thank you for taking care of biz at home.

I dont hate Obama...I still support him as commander in chief...its what we do. I hope for more effective leadership from him...I pray for him and think positive thoughts for him in regard to his role as CiC. Its personal for me...I have a son that is one of those 50,000 still there.

Did anyone see media coverage on this? Here is why my Avatar is what it is?

YouTube - President George W Bush Greeting Troops at DFW
Do you suppose he is feeling guilty for needlessly sending so many of our troops to their deaths? Despite the number of UN resoutions Saddam ignored, he wasn't a threat to anyone. Iraq is oil rich however. Have you seen the movie Avatar? Slightly different plot, same goal - rape the natives for their natual resources.

Thats such an inane stupid ****ing argument made by inane stupid ****ing people. Did Clinton take us to war against Serbia for control of the oil pipelines? Did Clinton attack Iraq 8 times and cite his WMD and lack of UN compliance as his reasoning for suppoorting regime change? And since morons used that argument after the firsta nd second gulf war, wouldnt it stand to reason we would have actually moved in and taken control of their 'unobtainium?'

****ing ideological morons....

Do you suppose he is feeling guilty for needlessly sending so many of our troops to their deaths? Despite the number of UN resoutions Saddam ignored, he wasn't a threat to anyone. Iraq is oil rich however. Have you seen the movie Avatar? Slightly different plot, same goal - rape the natives for their natual resources.

Really? He wasn't a threat to anyone? He was in a region of the world vital to our economic security yet wasn't a threat? Why is it liberals always react instead of being proactive on any issue. Bin Laden wasn't a threat either but 3000 Americans died on Sept. 11. Instead of waiting for Saddam Hussein to reconstitute his WMD program Bush took the action his father should have completed and Clinton ignored.

As for feeling guilty, that is a liberal reaction not a principled reaction. Bush never felt guilty about doing what was right and showed it every day.

It was lovely.

Sure, but how on Earth does that make it that the troops opinion of Bush is the only thing that really matters?

I was referring to Jet's comments and compared the troop's reaction to Jet's

Really? He wasn't a threat to anyone? He was in a region of the world vital to our economic security yet wasn't a threat? Why is it liberals always react instead of being proactive on any issue. Bin Laden wasn't a threat either but 3000 Americans died on Sept. 11. Instead of waiting for Saddam Hussein to reconstitute his WMD program Bush took the action his father should have completed and Clinton ignored.

As for feeling guilty, that is a liberal reaction not a principled reaction. Bush never felt guilty about doing what was right and showed it every day.

Bush's exact words were

"He's got em"

Where are they conservative, I think Mr. Rumsfeld would like to know...

Back
Top Bottom