• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

welcome all to America, What everyone calls " the world's largest shooting gallery", today located at Highland Park, IL

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Do not worry, there are soft targets every where you look and once there you can shoot to your hearts content. Do not worry about getting stopped with your gun on the way, the SCOTUS says it is your right to carry in public ad who are we to question their supreme knowledge of the country. And if you or one of your loved ones is killed, well isn't that just the cost of FREEOM, FREEDOM and again FREEDOM. Our shooting gallery is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 52 weeks a year. Who knows where the gallery will open tomorrow. maybe in your city. Doesn't that just excite you to no end, well maybe your end.

Do not worry, there are soft targets every where you look and once there you can shoot to your hearts content. Do not worry about getting stopped with your gun on the way, the SCOTUS says it is your right to carry in public ad who are we to question their supreme knowledge of the country. And if you or one of your loved ones is killed, well isn't that just the cost of FREEOM, FREEDOM and again FREEDOM. Our shooting gallery is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 52 weeks a year. Who knows where the gallery will open tomorrow. maybe in your city. Doesn't that just excite you to no end, well maybe your end.
What a pity I'm too old to fly to the US now. I'm missing so much excitement. Keen players of Russian roulette must really be enjoying themselves on trips to the Land of the Free, where plenty of people are always ready and able to pull that trigger for them!

Americans should not berate themselves so much over the gun violence.

In many other countries, a lot of people every day are shot or killed in some other way.

Hear tell the daily violence in Latin America or Africa or Asia would make Americans look like timid souls.

There are more than 330,000,000 residents here. Naturally, some of them are mental cases or just simply vicious and conscienceless entities.

Millions of people are at this present moment planning on how to get into this "shooting gallery." They know that it is a million times better than their current homeland.

In many other countries, a lot of people every day are shot or killed in some other way.

Hear tell the daily violence in Latin America or Africa or Asia would make Americans look like timid souls.

There are more than 330,000,000 residents here. Naturally, some of them are mental cases or just simply vicious and conscienceless entities.

Millions of people are at this present moment planning on how to get into this "shooting gallery." They know that it is a million times better than their current homeland.
So are you making the case that people still trying to get into this country rationalizes lax to non existent gun laws? Tell me, what is the societal benefit to millions of people walking around strapped?

So are you making the case that people still trying to get into this country rationalizes lax to non existent gun laws? Tell me, what is the societal benefit to millions of people walking around strapped?
Macho, macho man, they want to be a macho man.

Macho, macho man, they want to be a macho man.
Must have been God only knows how many pistols in the crowd in Highland Park. Didn't do much good with a shooter on the roof with a rifle.

Oh and I should have mentioned that if there was a shooter at ground level in the crowd shooting people with a pistol or long rifle anybody deciding to try to take him out better be able to put the muzzle of his run right up against the shooter's head because any miss at all is likely to hit a bystander. But...all hail the good guy with a gun concept.

With everyone carring a gun, no one will think twice about you having a gun the second before you open fire.

You see, that is the problem with guns, if you don't use your first, you are ****ed.

Unusual suspect description: white male 18-20. Imagine if it were Middle-Eastern Muslim Americans instead of white men doing all these shootings.

Highland Park is quite an affluent white neighborhood where I'm sure all felt truly secure. Maybe that's why Michael Jordan bought a home there. What we can hope for once folks in this neighborhood regroup they will speak out against these AR types of weapons. Then maybe our neighborhoods will become safer again.

Before guns and AR military style assault weapons became available I cannot recall massive shooting events
taking place. Thus an argument for removing them.

Someone familiar with symbology please tell me what this symbol means.

1656976940237.png

That's the symbol used by the suspect, and although I am familiar with more than a few symbols, I've seen this one but never checked out what it meant.

Oh great, symbol for some dating site?
So now I'm wondering if this is some slob who shot up a bunch of folks because he was pissed off about not getting any?

Oh great, symbol for some dating site?
So now I'm wondering if this is some slob who shot up a bunch of folks because he was pissed off about not getting any?

No, I don't think it was related, just a coincidence.

But a bit interesting seeing its other uses. Who knows what his use was.

Unusual suspect description: white male 18-20. Imagine if it were Middle-Eastern Muslim Americans instead of white men doing all these shootings.
The shooter at the Pulse Nightclub was a Middle East American man.

The first fact blazed in the press was he was Arab Muslim. He was a sexually repressed man who self loathed, and turned that hate on gay men in a nightclub.

We love our guns in america no matter how many die from them. As long as the second amendment exists, death by firearm will also exist. Shall not be infringed, to many that means, no changes to gun laws, period. We will put our guns about lives every day of the week.

Yes. but the US is an advanced state, not some third world primitive society.

Back
Top Bottom