• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weis on gun law: 'We want to know who has weapons'

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
If I lived in Chicago I would tell them to piss off and that it is none of their damn business what constitutional rights I chose to exercise. Maybe next these anti-constitutionalists will want to know who has bibles,books, and so on.

Weis on gun law: 'We want to know who has weapons' :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State
More than 75 people visited Chicago Police headquarters Monday to pick up applications to register firearms on the day the city's new handgun ordinance took effect.

The ordinance, which requires gun owners to keep their weapons in their homes, was hastily crafted by the city after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the city's 28-year-old handgun ban.

More than 75 people visited Chicago Police headquarters Monday to pick up applications to register firearms on the day the city's new handgun ordinance took effect.

The ordinance, which requires gun owners to keep their weapons in their homes, was hastily crafted by the city after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the city's 28-year-old handgun b

I dont see a problem with a national firearm registry.

If I lived in Chicago I would tell them to piss off and that it is none of their damn business what constitutional rights I chose to exercise. Maybe next these anti-constitutionalists will want to know who has bibles,books, and so on.

Weis on gun law: 'We want to know who has weapons' :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Metro & Tri-State

The ordinance, which requires gun owners to keep their weapons in their homes, was hastily crafted by the city after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the city's 28-year-old handgun ban.

The ordinance, which requires gun owners to keep their weapons in their homes, was hastily crafted by the city after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the city's 28-year-old handgun b

75 people, only, in a city the size of Chicago is insignificant. It shows that this ordinance will be ignored, as it should be, by the people, because it is unconstitutional just like the old ordinance that was struck down by the court.:2usflag:

I dont see a problem with a national firearm registry.

Most 2nd amendment opponents don't have a problem with national firearm registry. But they would be screaming bloody murder if someone required a national registry for protesters, abortionist(not a constitutional right.but leftist see it is as one even though they can't anywhere in the constitution that says its a right), and any other rights that they liked and things they think is is a right.

I will bet a weeks salary that there wont be a whole lot of criminals, thugs, and gangbangers (you know...the ones turning the entire city of Chicago into a morgue) that will be running down to register their firearms any time soon...

"We want to know who has weapons". Thats ****ing hilarious...

1) the government does not have the power to do that-especially with guns no longer moving in interstate commerce. while I and most people who understand that CC deny that it properly was designed to facilitate gun control, one can make at least a semi honest argument that the federal government should have the power to regulate interstate firearms transactions-ie wholesalers selling across state lines to dealers. but certainly not retail shops selling in their own states and clearly there is no power to make me register a gun I have owned for years

2) since criminals are exempt from registration, why have a program that only applies to the people least likely to cause gun related problems

3) it facilitates future confiscations and has been used to facilitate confiscation in the past

4) it has little, if any, use in solving crimes. Hawaii has had gun registration for years and testimony I reviewed suggested that maybe a handful of crimes were solved with the help of a registry

5) government agents are not always honest and someone who has a lot of guns could be targeted for theft if the police misuse the information or allow it to get out

but most of all, why does the government need the information?

How have firearm registrations worked out historically?

1) the government does not have the power to do that-especially with guns no longer moving in interstate commerce. while I and most people who understand that CC deny that it properly was designed to facilitate gun control, one can make at least a semi honest argument that the federal government should have the power to regulate interstate firearms transactions-ie wholesalers selling across state lines to dealers. but certainly not retail shops selling in their own states and clearly there is no power to make me register a gun I have owned for years

2) since criminals are exempt from registration, why have a program that only applies to the people least likely to cause gun related problems

3) it facilitates future confiscations and has been used to facilitate confiscation in the past

4) it has little, if any, use in solving crimes. Hawaii has had gun registration for years and testimony I reviewed suggested that maybe a handful of crimes were solved with the help of a registry

5) government agents are not always honest and someone who has a lot of guns could be targeted for theft if the police misuse the information or allow it to get out

but most of all, why does the government need the information?

Please direct your replies to the new thread, I dont want to derail this thread.

Please direct your replies to the new thread, I dont want to derail this thread.

done

I copied and modified the above post

In the grand scheme of things Weis is the sort of bureaucrat who the founders had in mind when they wanted everyone to own guns.

I see cops who are against citizens having the same guns as the cops do to be scum of the most disgusting sort and people that should be opposed as much as possible and fired if you have the power to do so.

If I were God, i would disarm any cop who opposes other citizens from owning guns and ban them from having any sort of protection from criminals because that is what they wish on others.

Back
Top Bottom