• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weird typing issues, spelling issues

I think that's typically considered a huge health issue. I would feel compelled to fix that to ensure I didn't suffer any long-term effects from it...typing issues being the least of those! I thought I was doing terrible with only 6 hours, and I eventually reduced stress enough so that I got tired again and could actually sleep 8 hours, and be tired when I woke up (which I hadn't felt in quite a while...scary!). For me it was entirely stress. I was just wound up and ready to go. Some of it too is Netflix, chain-watching series that have cliff-hangers is a modern digital age disease :p :p

Those midnight runs of Ray Donovan probably aren't helping LOL.

I never sleep. Maybe a couple of hours a night, and a couple in the morning once the kids go to school. My sleep is so jacked up now that I'm lucky if I get 4 hours a day.

Yep. That was me for the past 6 weeks or so. I finally made it through a major deadline and have slept like a baby for the last two night....and my typing is back to its baseline "marginal".

I never sleep. Maybe a couple of hours a night, and a couple in the morning once the kids go to school. My sleep is so jacked up now that I'm lucky if I get 4 hours a day.

That explains a lot and very well could be the cause of your many and assorted issues. Sleep deprivation does strange things to the human mind.

I have always, always, always prided myself on my spelling, typing, etc. I never have really had much of an issue, until recently. Sometimes I think my brain is working faster than my fingers because I will be thinking of what I want to say, and it doesn't always make it to my posts. I'll completely leave out entire words. I even proofread and still miss it - maybe because I still "see" it in my brain?

Also I've noticed a decrease in my spelling ability. I have, as of late, noticed that I am leaving off letters. Never have done this before. Ever.

Honestly, I think sometimes it's computer related snafus. For instance - when writing this post the "I" didn't capitalize, though I made the effort to key the shift, and the "s" was left off of sometimes. I know I hit those keys, but it didn't completely come through on the screen. (As well as the "g" in through) . . . So then I had to edit my post.

He has one tiny symptom which means nothing, Super on the other hand has a long list of symptoms that coincide perfectly with an Alzheimer's diagnosis and she really should see a doctor immediately. This is no laughing matter young lady!

Looks like that $12 medical degree from Hamster College in Mexico has failed you again.

I really have a hard time seeing spelling/grammatical errors until after they have been posted. Then, when I reread the post in its finished form, voila!! They all scream "look at what you did here, dumbo" and I frantically hit the edit. Something about the difference in font from the typing font to the posted font... I see errors in the second that I look right past at the first.

Or I could just be getting old. :lol:

I read and re-read before I post, to make sure I don't make mistakes, and I never see the mistakes, or I'd fix them. But yeah, they are glaring once they've been posted. :lol:

I really have a hard time seeing spelling/grammatical errors until after they have been posted. Then, when I reread the post in its finished form, voila!! They all scream "look at what you did here, dumbo" and I frantically hit the edit. Something about the difference in font from the typing font to the posted font... I see errors in the second that I look right past at the first.

Or I could just be getting old. :lol:

I didn't realize you were elderly, I'll be nicer to you.:)

Looks like that $12 medical degree from Hamster College in Mexico has failed you again.

On second thought my original diagnosis was based on the patients symptoms as she presented them so it was accurate. Later she admitted to having a severe sleep disorder which alters my diagnosis profoundly. This sleep problem is obviously the cause of her mental issues and the Alzheimer's diagnosis is withdrawn, WHEW! I still say she needs to see a doctor though, sleep disorders like this profoundly effect the brain and lead to all the issues she has described and numerous other mental disorders she is probably not even aware of.

"Sleep Deprivation Effects: 8 Scary Side Effects Of Too Little Shut-Eye"

Sleep Deprivation Effects: 8 Scary Side Effects Of Too Little Shut-Eye

I have always, always, always prided myself on my spelling, typing, etc. I never have really had much of an issue, until recently. Sometimes I think my brain is working faster than my fingers because I will be thinking of what I want to say, and it doesn't always make it to my posts. I'll completely leave out entire words. I even proofread and still miss it - maybe because I still "see" it in my brain?

Also I've noticed a decrease in my spelling ability. I have, as of late, noticed that I am leaving off letters. Never have done this before. Ever.

This is not unusual. I think it's simply a reflection of the act of posting on line being a "conversation" and when we talk we aren't as concerned about spelling, etc. and so unless we are star typists, knowing how to use all 10 fingers and thumbs when hitting the keyboard, we can be a little slower putting our thoughts into print than we are spewing it from our brains out our mouths.

Happens to me lots of times and I don't consider it early alzheimers or anything like that - you're just a person with something to say and impatient to say it.

This is not unusual. I think it's simply a reflection of the act of posting on line being a "conversation" and when we talk we aren't as concerned about spelling, etc. and so unless we are star typists, knowing how to use all 10 fingers and thumbs when hitting the keyboard, we can be a little slower putting our thoughts into print than we are spewing it from our brains out our mouths.

Happens to me lots of times and I don't consider it early alzheimers or anything like that - you're just a person with something to say and impatient to say it.

Thanks, John. You could be right! :D

Could be why I rarely have typos, I type with one finger.:lol: I still say Super getting only 4 hours of sleep a night is at least part of her problem though. Sleep deprivation is serious business and can cause tiny strokes that you don't notice the effects of until it's to late and your brain is scrambled eggs.

Could be why I rarely have typos, I type with one finger.:lol: I still say Super getting only 4 hours of sleep a night is at least part of her problem though. Sleep deprivation is serious business and can cause tiny strokes that you don't notice the effects of until it's to late and your brain is scrambled eggs.

Nah, she seems pretty sane to me - no evidence of mini-strokes that I can see.

l know how you feel

Nah, she seems pretty sane to me - no evidence of mini-strokes that I can see.

Sane is not the issue here. Super has noticed a sudden change in cognitive ability and that is a huge warning sign that you may have had at least one small stroke. This is serious stuff and is just like if you have chest pains you need to get yourself to the hospital. I have said my piece here and tried to help so if Super ends up being spoon fed oat meal by a big fat nurse with a cigarette hanging from the corner of her mouth it's not my fault. The rest of you will be the ones at fault, the ones telling the poor lady what she wants to hear instead of what she needs to hear. I wash my hands of this thread, good luck Super, I know I'm not your favorite person but please consider my advice.:peace

Sane is not the issue here. Super has noticed a sudden change in cognitive ability and that is a huge warning sign that you may have had at least one small stroke. This is serious stuff and is just like if you have chest pains you need to get yourself to the hospital. I have said my piece here and tried to help so if Super ends up being spoon fed oat meal by a big fat nurse with a cigarette hanging from the corner of her mouth it's not my fault. The rest of you will be the ones at fault, the ones telling the poor lady what she wants to hear instead of what she needs to hear. I wash my hands of this thread, good luck Super, I know I'm not your favorite person but please consider my advice.:peace

I didn't mean to downplay the issue, I just didn't see Superfly's post as being a serious health concern - if it is, DP certainly isn't the place to go for advice. I just saw her as having a little fun with some of the little quirks of growing older.

I didn't mean to downplay the issue, I just didn't see Superfly's post as being a serious health concern - if it is, DP certainly isn't the place to go for advice. I just saw her as having a little fun with some of the little quirks of growing older.

I'm sorry, but I don't really think Sawyer is telling me this for altruistic reasons. He likes taking shots at me, and implying that I have Alzheimer's, even though several others have said that they have the exact same issue. If I thought it was something to be concerned about, I'd tell my doctor. I wouldn't self-diagnose, nor would I ask for advice online for something so serious. I figured it was just a symptom of getting older, and seeing how it happens to others, it obviously is, so I'm not going to be too worried.

Fair enough, I tend to take health issues too serious maybe. I have seen so many people get so fooked up lately, part of getting old I guess.

Except that the patterns of typos and etc. that we're discussing are typical of everybody, not just those who are "getting old." Not sure why you've gone after Superfly as you have under the guise of being "helpful," but you're incompetently practicing medicine without a license.

Don't read into it. It could be one of a thousand different things. Everyone ****s up their writing from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom