• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weiner Spokeswoman Apologizes for ‘Slutbag’ Tirade Against Ex-Intern

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anthony Weiner’s spokeswoman, Barbara Morgan, issued an apology tonight after a profanity-laced interview with Talking Points Memo, in which she described a former campaign intern as a fame hungry “bitch” and “slutbag” who “sucked” at her job.

Ms. Morgan’s tirade came following a piece in the Daily News today, in which the former intern, Olivia Nuzzi, panned the campaign, reporting that many staffers had only joined to curry favor with Mr. Weiner’s wife, Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin. She’d also dissed Ms. Morgan and other staffers’ “short résumés.” Mr. Weiner, of course, is running for mayor and has been dogged by a new sexting scandal since last week.

Ms. Nuzzi declined to comment on Ms. Morgan’s comments or apology, but changed her description on Twitter to read, “Slutbag, twat and **nt. Writer for NSFWCORP.” Politicker has reached out to TPM for comment and will update when we receive a response.

Disclosure: The TPM reporter who broke the story, Hunter Walker, formerly worked for The New York Observer.

Weiner Spokeswoman Apologizes for ‘Slutbag’ Tirade Against Ex-Intern | Politicker

The Demokrats War on Women expands.

Can the Weiner campaign sink any lower? (based on Weiner's track record, one would have to say yes).

Shrinkage, my friends, shrinkage.

Seriously though, good on her for apologizing at least. The ships sinking, get your jabs in while you can.

Seriously though, good on her for apologizing at least. The ships sinking, get your jabs in while you can.

Good on her? She got caught slandering a former intern with a tirade of filth. I'll sure she felt compelled to apologize. Nothing good about that.

Can the Weiner campaign sink any lower? (based on Weiner's track record, one would have to say yes).

It's rather amazing the guy can still get some people behind him

It's rather amazing the guy can still get some people behind him

Even Hitler had his loyal followers. Never underestimate the numbers of scumbags out there.

Even Hitler had his loyal followers. Never underestimate the numbers of scumbags out there.

At least Hitler seemed competent in what he was doing. This is like drunken amateur hour.

There was just a tad bit of sarcasm in my post when I said that. Honestly though, I wouldn't have wasted my time. Especially after recent news of her meeting with the co-chairman of Vivid Entertainment.

I don't think you need to worry if this guy will ever hold political office again. He's entitled to run, but then again, so am I.

Weiner is to Democrats what Palin is to Republicans. A non-starter that gets far more attention than necessary.

Specklebang for President 2016

The ship is sinking and she might need a job with some other campaign. Good luck with that.

I don't think you need to worry if this guy will ever hold political office again. He's entitled to run, but then again, so am I.

Weiner is to Democrats what Palin is to Republicans. A non-starter that gets far more attention than necessary.

Specklebang for President 2016

Palin doesn't seem to engage in public virtual sex, however.

This is a poor comparison. I hope you don't repeat it in real life among those who respect your opinion.

No, they both engage in public stupidity. They just manifest it differently but the result remains the same. Even more important, the point itself, is that in both cases the "other side": natters on and on about them even though they are hardly a threat.

Palin doesn't seem to engage in public virtual sex, however.

Please explain so I won't make that mistake.

As I tolds another poster what I'm attempting to communicate is that these 2 are both arousing great passions in "the other side" yet neither of them are electable enough to pose a threat to anyone. Other than that, they are different genders but that's really not relevant.

I welcome your analysis and/or critique but "This is a poor comparison." isn't much of an analysis.

This is a poor comparison. I hope you don't repeat it in real life among those who respect your opinion.

This is how the people closest to our elected officials talk in interviews now a days?
I would expect it out of some Jacksonville trailer trash, but a person who is helping in a mayoral race in NYC?

Actually it's pretty accurate since only the fringe elements on either side like those candidates. Just because you're in love with Palin doesn't mean the majority on the right are.

Standard Republican tactic: just accuse the other side of doing what you're doing every day.

Standard Republican tactic: just accuse the other side of doing what you're doing every day.

seems pretty common with both sides, TBH

Back
Top Bottom