• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weight Loss Meal Plan For 5 Days: Will you try it?

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I was diagnosed as a diabetic type 2 last year, and a big part of the strategy to combat it without any medication is to lose weight thru diet
and physical activities. There is a story behind this:

So far, I'm now pre-diabetic, and in September, my doctor said that on the day I had my blood sugar test, it registered normal on that day.
I aim to reverse it.

The Holidays are coming, and I would like to lose some more just as a "safety net," should I gain some pounds over the coming holidays.

I would like to share the meals that I had in one day, which had made me lose a pound and a half. It is also good for those with diabetes type 2.
To keep it very simple, it'll be the same meal everyday for 5 days.

As I'm not a young person anymore, my metabolism isn't as active. Therefore, to help trigger it, not only do I do a daily exercise (20-30 minutes),
I also drink ICE-COLD water often during the day. Really, really cold water!

Meal Plan #1 for 5 days:

Coffee/cream
Approximately 10 raw almonds

morning snack:
1 medium honey crisp apple, a good chunk of cheddar cheese (not processed cheese).

lunch:
1 pickled egg (or boiled egg)
1 cup Habitant pea soup
2 dried (unsweetened) prunes

Note: I had an afternoon snack of an Italian cookie called "pizzelle," with a home-made buttercream/cashew nuts spread (a left-over from a dessert I made over the week-end, made with SPLENDA). The pizzelle has about only 3 grams of carbs
Substitute that with any low-carb item such as pork rind, or celery stix with cream cheese.

Dinner:
2 chicken drumstix (roasted)
A large salad with romaine lettuce, yellow peppers, baby tomatoes and lots of shredded Italian blend cheese.
I used creamy regular Ranch dressing (DON'T USE FAT-FREE or LOW-FAT).
I also had 3 dried prunes and coffee.

Honeycrisp apple is said to be the best apple (along with Red delicious) to help regulate and lower blood sugar. It also keeps you feel full longer.
Prunes is apparently not only high in fiber, but also high in potassium, and it also help regulate blood sugar.

I will be sharing some of my other meal plans in this thread.

If you're diabetic, please check your blood sugar BEFORE and 2 hours AFTER the first bite - just so to see if these meals would have any effect on you. What may be friendly to me may not be kind to others. We don't react the same way with certain foods. If any of the meals cause your blood sugar to spike up (3 points is considered a spike), then please discontinue. It's important to check your blood sugar until you get to know what foods are friendly.

Last edited:
I'd probably try to cut out that dairy and all of the sugar if I had diabetes.

I'd probably try to cut out that dairy and all of the sugar if I had diabetes.

Good for you! I hope you never get it, though. Btw, I used Splenda to make that buttercream.
Are you overweight?

i was pre-diabetic at 29. losing weight has brought me back to normal so far.

Good luck with your program. Are you adding exercise?
Thanksgiving for two left us with way too many leftovers which were enjoyable, but an indulgence which caused weight gain.
So, I'm off for a 3-miler!

Good luck with your program. Are you adding exercise?
Thanksgiving for two left us with way too many leftovers which were enjoyable, but an indulgence which caused weight gain.
So, I'm off for a 3-miler!

Yes, I've been exercising mostly everyday.

Nope. I am very strict when it comes to diet and exercise. Right now at 5'11 I'm about 185 pounds.

I'm 5'3, and this morning weighed 121 lbs.

I was diagnosed as a diabetic type 2 last year, and a big part of the strategy to combat it without any medication is to lose weight thru diet
and physical activities. There is a story behind this:

So far, I'm now pre-diabetic, and in September, my doctor said that on the day I had my blood sugar test, it registered normal on that day.
I aim to reverse it.

The Holidays are coming, and I would like to lose some more just as a "safety net," should I gain some pounds over the coming holidays.

I would like to share the meals that I had in one day, which had made me lose a pound and a half. It is also good for those with diabetes type 2.
To keep it very simple, it'll be the same meal everyday for 5 days.

As I'm not a young person anymore, my metabolism isn't as active. Therefore, to help trigger it, not only do I do a daily exercise (20-30 minutes),
I also drink ICE-COLD water often during the day. Really, really cold water!

Meal Plan #1 for 5 days:

Coffee/cream
Approximately 10 raw almonds

morning snack:
1 medium honey crisp apple, a good chunk of cheddar cheese (not processed cheese).

lunch:
1 pickled egg (or boiled egg)
1 cup Habitant pea soup
2 dried (unsweetened) prunes

Note: I had an afternoon snack of an Italian cookie called "pizzelle," with a home-made buttercream/cashew nuts spread (a left-over from a dessert I made over the week-end, made with SPLENDA). The pizzelle has about only 3 grams of carbs
Substitute that with any low-carb item such as pork rind, or celery stix with cream cheese.

Dinner:
2 chicken drumstix (roasted)
A large salad with romaine lettuce, yellow peppers, baby tomatoes and lots of shredded Italian blend cheese.
I used creamy regular Ranch dressing (DON'T USE FAT-FREE or LOW-FAT).
I also had 3 dried prunes and coffee.

Honeycrisp apple is said to be the best apple (along with Red delicious) to help regulate and lower blood sugar. It also keeps you feel full longer.
Prunes is apparently not only high in fiber, but also high in potassium, and it also help regulate blood sugar.

I will be sharing some of my other meal plans in this thread.

If you're diabetic, please check your blood sugar BEFORE and 2 hours AFTER the first bite - just so to see if these meals would have any effect on you. What may be friendly to me may not be kind to others. We don't react the same way with certain foods. If any of the meals cause your blood sugar to spike up (3 points is considered a spike), then please discontinue. It's important to check your blood sugar until you get to know what foods are friendly.
Have you considered looking at a paleo or whole 30 diet?

its very low on sugars that will provoke an insulin spike.

Have you considered looking at a paleo or whole 30 diet?

its very low on sugars that will provoke an insulin spike.

My diet is working well for me. It went fast, too. Doc was amazed I got it down that fast.
As of latest diagnosis (January 2021), I'm borderline to normal.
My goal is to get on normal, and keep it that way. It's really a change of lifestyle with low-carbs and exercise.

Last week I had a blood sugar reading of 126. Scared the hell out of me, so I started reducing the carbs and sugar. Sugar is easier, but carbs......I'm someone who would rather have more bread to a sandwich than meat. I'd rather have a hamburger than a steak, and I'm not a big meat eater anyway. Starchy vegetables are the only ones I really like (I can eat others raw, with a dip, which will now be light ranch). Love fried shrimp, chicken, etc.... Its going to be fun.

On the other hand, I seriously cut back on everything & upped the exercise and lost 4 lbs in 7 days. I think once its cool enough to start walking again, I should do better. I intend to fight hard on this - I don't want to be on insulin and I don't want to be poking my fingers all the time either. DR is not at all concerned at this point, and we'll check it again in Nov.

My blood sugar went from 126 on Aug 4 to 105 on Nov 12. Six more points down and it will be at high normal. Whew! Lost at least 7 lbs (have to check my new scale against the Dr's). S

Back
Top Bottom