• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weekend ZOOM people -- DP Weekend Zoom Bash

The DP Weekend Zoom bash needs to be a regular thing.
Pop in here and give us a shout, let's do this every weekend.

If you don't have Zoom, get the free one, it's good for forty minutes each time.

Have you considered Jitsi Meet? Nothing to download - just click the invitation link and you're in the meeting.

Forum staff use it for meetings.

Have you considered Jitsi Meet? Nothing to download - just click the invitation link and you're in the meeting.

Ay carumba ..... I will try whatever platform makes the most people happy, as it doesn't matter to me...because I have everything one needs on this end to do a bang up job.

Ay carumba ..... I will try whatever platform makes the most people happy, as it doesn't matter to me...because I have everything one needs on this end to do a bang up job.
I think it would be the easiest for members. You can download the Jitsi Meet App if you want. But if you don't it's still very easy to join the meeting.

If you do this on the weekend expect that the forum staff will be plastered and/or stoned so don't expect our help. Weekdays is different as everyone but @Decypher is ok. Well he's Irish you see, and takes his responsibility to reinforce the stereotype very seriously.

I think it would be the easiest for members. You can download the Jitsi Meet App if you want. But if you don't it's still very easy to join the meeting.

If you do this on the weekend expect that the forum staff will be plastered and/or stoned so don't expect our help. Weekdays is different as everyone but @Decypher is ok. Well he's Irish you see, and takes his responsibility to reinforce the stereotype very seriously.

I’ve turned over a new leaf!

Edit: not in Mallorca though. Man that was a boozy holiday.

Just checked it out and it does the same stupid thing Skype does, it mirrors all the images so all text is backwards.

Oh I don't care if forum staff are loaded. You're supposed to be able to toss formality aside.
I want these little shindigs to be fun.
I think our little three person extravaganza was a hoot yesterday.

That's the point. There's nothing in the bare bones settings to do that.

Ready to do one today if anyone is interested.
If I can get four or five people interested, let's go :)

Staff have done this with some members participating. You can do audio only if you want, or don't do it at all.

But I wouldn't call it creepy.
Projection?

I personally don't want to engage offline with anyone I meet online unless I develop a personal connection. For that reason I'll probably never do a Zoom or exchange personal details with anyone here. But I don't think it's 'creepy'. Not sure where you're going with that.

---This is where I will be this afternoon at 2PM Pacific Time.

Hello Pro-Democracy Activist,

Our “Stop Arguing; Make Change” training is tomorrow, Sunday, June 12th at 2 pm Pacific Time.
Dr. Karin Tamerius will lead the training.
A political psychologist, she will teach us how to persuade people we disagree with..
1655065158840.png

Back
Top Bottom