• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weed Strains

I need to try Jack Herer, I need a peppy sativa. I'm starting to see it available again here. I just wish I could get some good Gelato, there is a great grower in AZ that has it, but the version in the glass jar is $65! Its only $50 in the mylar packs but that is hard to find....

I don’t have that problem in CA. Take Jack for instance: right now I can order that strain in a variety of prices/amounts/versions. Maui Jack. Lemon Jack. Black Jack (THIS is actually an awesome offshoot). Premium Jack. Platinum Jack. And pricing will be anywhere from $30-$65.

I like Jack type strains - earthy, pine-y, head buzz that’s more “up” than “down.”

Dutch Treat. Holy pepperoni.

That’s it. That’s all I got.

Just got Pink Lemonade at $60/oz and Vanilla Kush for 140. The Pink Lemonade is holding it's own despite the cheap price.

Enjoy! I can't handle anything with haze in it.

Explain, please? I’m am enjoying the shit out of whatever that is at the moment.

Explain, please? I’m am enjoying the shit out of whatever that is at the moment.

I looked up Dutch Treat and Leafly said this: Dutch Treat is a hybrid marijuana strain made by crossing Northern Lights with Haze.

Its odd because I've always just seen it sold as Northern Lights X Haze.

Haze makes me very edgy, and I'm sure its the reason I'm the only person on earth that doesn't like Blue Dream.

I looked up Dutch Treat and Leafly said this: Dutch Treat is a hybrid marijuana strain made by crossing Northern Lights with Haze.

Its odd because I've always just seen it sold as Northern Lights X Haze.

Haze makes me very edgy, and I'm sure its the reason I'm the only person on earth that doesn't like Blue Dream.

Ah, yeah, I don’t really…know a lot other than how it makes me feel. DT was wooooonderful, and I am one of those who loves Blue Dream so that makes sense. Thank you for the education. :)

I have noticed I am virtually strain agnostic. I have had zero bad reactions to anything I’ve smoked, just some I like more than others/some I love. No paranoia, no buzziness even from the sativas that are supposed to buzz you, and I can handle 30 lbs of couchlock if it’s that kind of fire.

I feel blessed, I’m really good at weed.

Ah, yeah, I don’t really…know a lot other than how it makes me feel. DT was wooooonderful, and I am one of those who loves Blue Dream so that makes sense. Thank you for the education. :)

I have noticed I am virtually strain agnostic. I have had zero bad reactions to anything I’ve smoked, just some I like more than others/some I love. No paranoia, no buzziness even from the sativas that are supposed to buzz you, and I can handle 30 lbs of couchlock if it’s that kind of fire.

How do you feel about resin?

You're lucky! I used to be like that, able to smoke any of it, and I'm not sure what happened unless its just the strength of todays weed. Never been paranoid, but have had some anxiety and edginess with strains that aren't heavily indica leaning. I'm good at couchlock. ;)

You're lucky! I used to be like that, able to smoke any of it, and I'm not sure what happened unless its just the strength of todays weed. Never been paranoid, but have had some anxiety and edginess with strains that aren't heavily indica leaning. I'm good at couchlock. ;)

Maybe I’ve just been lucky too thus far. I‘m still a relative noob, so I was directly introduced to high THC stuff. It’s a marketing thing now, so they’re pushing those numbers higher and higher.

Maybe I’ve just been lucky too thus far. I‘m still a relative noob, so I was directly introduced to high THC stuff. It’s a marketing thing now, so they’re pushing those numbers higher and higher.

Yeah they are pushing it. And I'm strictly a flower vaper, I can't even imagine how little concentrate I would need.

Yeah they are pushing it. And I'm strictly a flower vaper, I can't even imagine how little concentrate I would need.

The secret to this stuff is you only ever need a little. If you want to stay stoned, a little more and a little more will do the trick. We are blessed to live in a golden age of weed even though we make fun of not being able to buy oregano from someone in a park anymore.

The secret to this stuff is you only ever need a little. If you want to stay stoned, a little more and a little more will do the trick. We are blessed to live in a golden age of weed even though we make fun of not being able to buy oregano from someone in a park anymore.

Ah, the good old days. And if you didn't get oregano, you got stems and seeds.

So, I always search on Leafly (which doesn't always work well) for my favorites and when the dispensaries have them.

Back in April, I bought some amazing Girl Scout Cookies, the real stuff, not the shit GSC X OG that I mistakenly bought that was schwag, not the really fun Key Lime Pie which is a phenotype and a blast, but the real Girl Scout Cookies. I've been searching since then for it, and from the same grower who doesn't have much stuff, but is good. Last night I saw that the GSC from the grower (House Exotics) was available at a dispensary nearby. So, first thing this morning, I went down, and got more, they didn't have much, it has been selling out quickly. I did a hit around 330 when a spreadsheet went bad on me (following hand written 13 page 130 step instructions). I only did a bit, but it lasted a good 4.5 hours and it was nice. Nice enough for me to ride my bike in the relatively cool 104 degree wind to the dive bar and back...fun...

So, I always search on Leafly (which doesn't always work well) for my favorites and when the dispensaries have them.

Back in April, I bought some amazing Girl Scout Cookies, the real stuff, not the shit GSC X OG that I mistakenly bought that was schwag, not the really fun Key Lime Pie which is a phenotype and a blast, but the real Girl Scout Cookies. I've been searching since then for it, and from the same grower who doesn't have much stuff, but is good. Last night I saw that the GSC from the grower (House Exotics) was available at a dispensary nearby. So, first thing this morning, I went down, and got more, they didn't have much, it has been selling out quickly. I did a hit around 330 when a spreadsheet went bad on me (following hand written 13 page 130 step instructions). I only did a bit, but it lasted a good 4.5 hours and it was nice. Nice enough for me to ride my bike in the relatively cool 104 degree wind to the dive bar and back...fun...

That's a long time! I'm finding it hard to find flower in the strains I like. Concentrates, no problem. Flower? What's that? Its frustrating.

Last edited:
do they still have 90s weed that just makes you want to watch documentaries and go to McDonalds after laughing about how slow time is going? the last stuff i tried in the early 2010s was closer to getting kicked in the head by a horse. way too strong.
That is becasue back in my day we bought dime bags of leaves and flowers and stems and we smoked that. Today they grow it for the flowers.. no stems no leaves (but you can still make butter with leaves if you have enough).

yeah, i figure that my state will do some half measure first, like letting their rich buddies corner the market before they finally treat it like booze. then every job will ramp up its testing to make sure that you didn't have any over the weekend.
Been legalized in Virginia as of today. That and cigarettes i never got into. Vodka is my weakness.

Been legalized in Virginia as of today. That and cigarettes i never got into. Vodka is my weakness.

You're lucky to have avoided cigarettes if you are of a certain age. I sometimes look at older smokers and think that this whole thing started with one random hangout with friends fifty years ago.

You're lucky to have avoided cigarettes if you are of a certain age. I sometimes look at older smokers and think that this whole thing started with one random hangout with friends fifty years ago.
Im 24. When i was 14 a boy said to take a puff on his wonderful smoke. That was enough to make me realize that stuff is awful. Vodka, on the other hand is a delight!!

So...

Having previously tried CBD in gummies, sublingually, or in vape pen, I dubiously bought some isolate on sale (more than a little dubious).

I have found that there actually does seem to be an effect with concentrates if I first dip my 'dabber' in the sugar wax or similar substance w/ THC, then gently roll it in a jar of CBD isolate. Coats it. Both appear to evaporate. And it actually does seem more relaxing... the other ways, I dunno

So...

Having previously tried CBD in gummies, sublingually, or in vape pen, I dubiously bought some isolate on sale (more than a little dubious).

I have found that there actually does seem to be an effect with concentrates if I first dip my 'dabber' in the sugar wax or similar substance w/ THC, then gently roll it in a jar of CBD isolate. Coats it. Both appear to evaporate. And it actually does seem more relaxing... the other ways, I dunno
may have mentioned before that eating a meal that was cooked with lemongrass intensifies and prolongs the high ... not massively in either direction, but noticeably

if you want to try it for yourself, here is a lemongrass marinade that works well with chicken (but not other meats - not even turkey) on the grill:

3 fresh lemongrass stalks, chopped (finely chop almost like a spring onion, cutting the white tip/edge off and then continuing until there is no more white core remaining)

2 tbsp. finely chopped green onion

1 tbsp. minced garlic

1 tsp. dried hot pepper flakes (optional - to taste)

1 tbsp. soy sauce

1 tbsp. sugar

4 1/2 tsp. fish sauce

1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Mix together and marinate 2-4 pounds of chicken. Marinate 4 hours or overnight*.

*overnite may be too long - 4 hours or so works better without overwhelming the chicken with lemongrass flavor

if you try it, would want to know if your experience was similar to mine

Im 24. When i was 14 a boy said to take a puff on his wonderful smoke. That was enough to make me realize that stuff is awful. Vodka, on the other hand is a delight!!
Weed won't give you a hangover. You can always have a brownie or a gummy.

I wanted to hate it because it’s marketing but SETH ROGAN’S WEED IS OMG HOLY CHRIST LORD IN HEAVEN

It’s good.

may have mentioned before that eating a meal that was cooked with lemongrass intensifies and prolongs the high ... not massively in either direction, but noticeably

if you want to try it for yourself, here is a lemongrass marinade that works well with chicken (but not other meats - not even turkey) on the grill:

3 fresh lemongrass stalks, chopped (finely chop almost like a spring onion, cutting the white tip/edge off and then continuing until there is no more white core remaining)

2 tbsp. finely chopped green onion

1 tbsp. minced garlic

1 tsp. dried hot pepper flakes (optional - to taste)

1 tbsp. soy sauce

1 tbsp. sugar

4 1/2 tsp. fish sauce

1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Mix together and marinate 2-4 pounds of chicken. Marinate 4 hours or overnight*.

*overnite may be too long - 4 hours or so works better without overwhelming the chicken with lemongrass flavor

if you try it, would want to know if your experience was similar to mine

Sigh I like you so much more in the weed section. :(

I'm gonna be in San Diego next week, gonna check out the California stuff.

Back
Top Bottom