• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weed Strains

Post your favorites! Rate them, say why they're you're favorites, what form - flower, extracts......

Or just say which you like and which you don't!
When I first read the title of the thread I thought it was about marijuana. Didn’t think there was anything likable about the other kind since we spend so much time trying to get rid of them.

When I first read the title of the thread I thought it was about marijuana. Didn’t think there was anything likable about the other kind since we spend so much time trying to get rid of them.

Well, I guess for an actual weed, I like mallow....:

Been there, done that. Roll em as big as cigar one after the other, chain smoke all night, and go home with a sore throat and a migraine.

i pretty much just smoked a j, watched a documentary or walked around in the woods, and then went to McDonalds. went to a movie once like that, too.

Strictly sativa for me, indica puts me on the couch and I wake up with melted ice cream all over.
LOL!!

If I may ask, where did you come upon the vintage strains (Acapulco Gold and Maui Wowie)?
I keep my eye out for the landrace strains and buy when they show up. mostly they're lower THC, but they hold a certain nostalgia for me. I remember I stumbled on the Acapulco Gold and the Maui came from a place called Mr Nice Guy in Eugene.

What I REALLY want to find?? Thai Stick. heh-heh. I buy a QP of it.

Cold starts are way better, and easier to figure out. You just drop your product into a cold banger, get the torch going and wait until the oil starts to bubble. Way less chance of wrecking your banger that way as well, not to mention no lung melting due to not waiting long enough for the banger too cool. I did hot starts for a bit, but someone turned me onto cold starts and I've never looked back.

As for shatter / BHO garbage - YES. Rosin is king, specifically hash rosin. I am very very spoiled...I have a friend who is perfecting his craft in order to enter the legal market, and I am his tester. 100% organic from seed to press, using plants that are coming out of the ground at around 26% - my friend spends about $50 per plant just on ground prep, again all organic.

Now he's working on rosin carts...hehe...I still prefer to dab, but they are hands down the best carts I've ever tried, nothing at all like that processed garbage you get at the dispensary.

I'm not sure I've seen that exact type, at least in the most local store. Most of the types of wax/hash they sell claim to preserve terpenes from the original plant.

They do have distillate darts but I haven't bought those.

Again: erig? I’ve been looking at the puffco peak pro. It looks so easy.

I can't weigh in on that. I haven't even seen one in person.

To add to that, my main concerns would be vapor temp at inhalation and later, difficulty of cleaning. I would assume that a company selling a device for a few hundred bucks would have that covered, but I'd still want to be sure.

I'm not sure I've seen that exact type, at least in the most local store. Most of the types of wax/hash they sell claim to preserve terpenes from the original plant.

They do have distillate darts but I haven't bought those.

If you're talking about the rosin carts, it's a bit of a new process, there's only a few folks in the states that I've found who are doing it. It involves doing your usual press and then adding terpenes to thin the product in order to be consumable through a cart. It's quite a process, and has been quite a learning curve, therefore a high ticket item product...but it's nice. :) If you come across it, I highly recommend giving it a try. It's the perfect discreet delivery.

But...I still like dabs best. :)

LOL!!

I keep my eye out for the landrace strains and buy when they show up. mostly they're lower THC, but they hold a certain nostalgia for me. I remember I stumbled on the Acapulco Gold and the Maui came from a place called Mr Nice Guy in Eugene.

What I REALLY want to find?? Thai Stick. heh-heh. I buy a QP of it.

The high THC stuff is a marketing crutch. I’ve had so many great “low” THC strains (18% - 22%), and my fav is Jack Herer which usually sits around 18-mid 20’s depending on dispensary. I’ve also had just complete ass strains that boasted 30%+.

Only sad part about weed going legal is ****ing marketing assholes getting their mitts on this stuff.

I think I’m tired of politics and just want to hang out here talking about weed. Especially since I am currently on vacation and super high rn

I think I’m tired of politics and just want to hang out here talking about weed. Especially since I am currently on vacation and super high rn

Well, I did just have a couple dabs of Blue Dream wax. Hadn't smoked anything yet today so it's a bit of a slap in the brain. Must decide which next. That, or GG#4 wax, or ... some wax whose name I forgot and label is lost to time.

I went and bought some CBD gummies today, only 9 bucks for 10 at the dispensary, my hip has been giving me the what-for lately, of course 117 degree heat doesn't help. Got some THC gummies for shits and giggles.

The fun part was the girl in front of me, her conversation to the bud tender: "my husband sent me here to buy weed, I know nothing about it. He said to find something that had lots of colors in it, and lots of hairs and get 2 1/8th packages for under $100, and make sure it that the strain gets you all up (or something like that)" The budtender just threw up his arms in desperation, laughed and sold her something called "Teflon Don" and something else and it equaled 87 bucks. She then said..."so I don't have enough to get something vaporizing"

Made me feel like an old hand at this.

Well, I did just have a couple dabs of Blue Dream wax. Hadn't smoked anything yet today so it's a bit of a slap in the brain. Must decide which next. That, or GG#4 wax, or ... some wax whose name I forgot and label is lost to time.

Is dabbing that much more intense than flower? I sometimes wonder how high is high after a point and would I notice.

Is dabbing that much more intense than flower? I sometimes wonder how high is high after a point and would I notice.

Oh, definitely. Most of the concentrates for offer are 65-85% THC. Of course, the poison is in the dose. You can definitely get higher faster with concentrates, though the method I use is a bit labor intensive.

These days I prefer to down some edibles about 30m before I decide I'm going to stop working. Later, some concentrate for a boost. And then if we end up watching something on TV, I'll switch to flower and bring the bong down.

That said, you can't do anything about diminishing returns. No matter the method, each next hit will seem to deliver less, after a point...

Oh, definitely. Most of the concentrates for offer are 65-85% THC. Of course, the poison is in the dose. You can definitely get higher faster with concentrates, though the method I use is a bit labor intensive.

These days I prefer to down some edibles about 30m before I decide I'm going to stop working. Later, some concentrate for a boost. And then if we end up watching something on TV, I'll switch to flower and bring the bong down.

That said, you can't do anything about diminishing returns. No matter the method, each next hit will seem to deliver less, after a point...

I haven’t really had a lot of diminishing returns with weed. But I also tend to rotate strains frequently.

(I dunno how anyone smokes the same stuff all the time.)

because that's all that is available and the alternative is then much worse

when possible, having a variety makes things more enjoyable ... back in the day, and currently in the regressive states, options to acquire different strains were infrequent. even then it is/was usually a choice between ditch weed and something a bit better

because that's all that is available and the alternative is then much worse

when possible, having a variety makes things more enjoyable ... back in the day, and currently in the regressive states, options to acquire different strains were infrequent. even then it is/was usually a choice between ditch weed and something a bit better
I was unexpectedly blessed with some Thai Stick from a life long friend not too long ago. BOOM! went the dynamite.

I haven’t really had a lot of diminishing returns with weed. But I also tend to rotate strains frequently.

I need to try Jack Herer, I need a peppy sativa. I'm starting to see it available again here. I just wish I could get some good Gelato, there is a great grower in AZ that has it, but the version in the glass jar is $65! Its only $50 in the mylar packs but that is hard to find....

Back
Top Bottom