• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weed has negliable effects on driving

I want to make sure I understand your argument. If person takes substance X, and as a result impairs their reaction time by 5%, but as a result greatly improves their focus and concentration, would they be worse off? Biologically you're probably right, but if you take the psychological aspect into account, you get a different answer.

Since this is not what happens when smoking marijuana, I have no idea what you are talking about. The increase in focus and concentration is an illusion.

Can I see some of these studies? Do they take poly-drug use into account?

Yes they take poly-substance use into account when applicable. I'll have to go look for them tomorrow as it is about time for me to log off for the night.

You've lost me here. Do you agree that alcohol intoxication impairs driving even when below the legal limit? Do you believe driving under any level of intoxication that causes driving impairment should be illegal?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.

Since this is not what happens when smoking marijuana, I have no idea what you are talking about. The increase in focus and concentration is an illusion.

Paranoia and caution are directly associated with marijuana use. I don't really see what difference it would make whether or not the caution was self imposed or biologically instigated from a public health perspective.

Paranoia and caution are directly associated with marijuana use. I don't really see what difference it would make whether or not the caution was self imposed or biologically instigated from a public health perspective.

Self control. That's the difference.

Back
Top Bottom