• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

wearing a swastika

Nazis murdered 6 million Jews. So, they already engaged in violence against Jews. That said, this woman had she been minding her business while wearing her idiotic nonsense should have bee booed perhaps, or laughed at, but someone forcibly removing it, no....but I do not know what led up to that. She perhaps threatened someone, she may have made violent threats....she clearly engaged in some kind of crime, because she ended up in legal trouble.
are you saying she was an active nazi in the 1940's? is she from germany and was she a camp guard or something? is so then THAT is prosecutable.

her political beliefs otherwise, are not. I do agree it is ok to boo her though, and worthwhile.

No need to lie.

The left has not done that.

And we are talking about somone who was actually wearing a nazi arm band. No room for guesswork there.
oh yes they have,.

are you saying she was an active nazi in the 1940's? is she from germany and was she a camp guard or something?
Why on Earth would that even matter?

In the US we do not just go around assaulting people, because they are ignorant boobs.

And how's that been working out?

I mean, aside from an attempt to kidnap a governor, an attack on congress, and that sort of thing? Shit, we even had rubes take over a bird sanctuary.

To me, it looks like one side wants to play by nice, civilized rules, and the other doesn't want rules at all. Guess which one is at a crippling disadvantage?

Why on Earth would that even matter?
the same reason you don;t understand my argument.

a political belief is not a crime. only carrying out the illegal actions of a political belief , is a crime, no matter how frowned upon it is.

the same reason you don;t understand my argument.

a political belief is not a crime. only carrying out the illegal actions of a political belief , is a crime, no matter how frowned upon it is.
This is why I am not suggesting prosecution.

a LOT of individuals, many many more than stormed the capital building on the 6th.

Yeah? You can of course prove that?

Oh, and by the way, NO amount of false-equivalences will ever excuse 1/6.

a LOT of individuals, many many more than stormed the capital building on the 6th.
Can you provide a citation to anyone who represents the left " ....[making] the definition of "nazi" equal to anyone who is against their stance on anything."

Or you just talking about nameless internet people who trade in hyperbole?

I know enough to know that wearing a Nazi swastika attached to your arm isn't smart...and speaks to the ignorance of the person doing it. The types of people who do this are trashy.
I will not assume her motivation, but I agree its a stupid thing. She may or may not have known perfectly well what she was doing. I doubt it was out of ignornace. Some people like to stir the pot.

She attacked an elderly jew. She's being prosecuted seems like the system is working.

Nazis murdered 6 million Jews. So, they already engaged in violence against Jews.
that action from 77+ years ago makes current nazis responsible for the extraordinary carnage inflicted against the jews, gays, and gypsies?

then are today's Christians responsible for the 1-9 million dead as a result of the crusades because they are of the same religious ideology?
That said, this woman had she been minding her business while wearing her idiotic nonsense should have bee booed perhaps, or laughed at, but someone forcibly removing it, no....but I do not know what led up to that. She perhaps threatened someone, she may have made violent threats....she clearly engaged in some kind of crime, because she ended up in legal trouble.
while the local law enforcement was urged to take action against her, i don't believe charges were levied ... if the situation has been updated, please share that information

that action from 77+ years ago makes current nazis responsible for the extraordinary carnage inflicted against the jews, gays, and gypsies?
Anyone who currently wears the symbol of the ideology responsible for the murder of six million jews (the nazi symbol) is looking for a fight, and deserves what he gets.

Anyone who currently wears the symbol of the ideology responsible for the murder of six million jews (the nazi symbol) is looking for a fight, and deserves what he gets.
then it would be acceptable for any present day muslim to physically assault a crucifix wearing Christian for the massice muslim death perpetrated by the crusaders over a millennium ago?

Nazis get the brick.

Nobody cares if it's "fair". They're Nazis, so they get thumped.

then it would be acceptable for any present day muslim to physically assault a crucifix wearing Christian for the massice muslim death perpetrated by the crusaders over a millennium ago?
No it wouldn't.

then are today's Christians responsible for the 1-9 million dead as a result of the crusades because they are of the same religious ideology?

while the local law enforcement was urged to take action against her, i don't believe charges were levied ... if the situation has been updated, please share that information
Current Nazis haven't changed in mentality...they simply don't hold control of a country where they can inflict such chaos

No it wouldn't.
please explain
if nazis in 2022 are held responsible for the deaths of the 6 million jews in the 40s why are the Christians of this era not held accountable for the actions of their fellow Christian crusaders killing muslims in an earlier era?

Haha! Yes, I hewed a little too close to your quote on that one, at least in the part you bolded. Some people do indeed get beliefs without books.

But it doesn't matter. The conclusion isn't different without that step.

If you consider beliefs to be tantamount to actions in deciding whether to punch someone, why wouldn't you consider books to be tantamount to beliefs? After all, the Nazi probably got their ideas from some book or another. At least most of them did. So burn bad books to stop Nazi beliefs, to stop Nazi actions is every bit as logical as attacking someone for their beliefs when they haven't acted on them. So burn the books., And to catch the ones who weren't influenced by books, ban any speech that might influence someone to belief something that [fill in the blank] thinks is really bad.

And the post you responded to was when I answered the "who decides" question with "Luce and lycanthrope". As far as I can see, that is the answer, with the addition of "and any other individual who thinks that someone's beliefs are adequate justification for attacking them". Do you have a better answer?
1648955717229.png

Back
Top Bottom