• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'We Were Creating A Story -- Our Focus Was To Get Trump Out': CNN Director Busted By Undercover Veritas Operative

Normally, they lie and trick people into saying all sorts of things, a lot of the time not what they claim (due to strategic editing of questions asked and context) and then present it as "gotcha". Like this one.

What exactly did this guy say that was illegal? Or was what he said they were doing just "wrong"? If just "wrong", couldn't he have been bragging to the honeypot?
The CNN Technical Director said, among other things, .'We Were Creating A Story -- Our Focus Was To Get Trump Out'. Had you known that in advance would you still have watched CNN, knowing it was a propaganda outfit? And the bigger problem was that CNN wasn't alone.

Given that America is the the world's leading democracy, the world's Superpower, have you not considered the idea that foreign interests may try to undermine the country through propaganda, to turn Americans against each other, to weaken them internally.

Here you have someone who admitted to it but your beliefs were so strong that Trump had to go that you'll not only forgive the guy but defend him. That's how easily, and often long lasting, propaganda works. Americans were once far more sophisticated in this regard.

The funny thing is if Trump would have just shut up, not tweeted, and did his job as a professional then CNN would have had no material to use for some mastermind plan to get him out.

The CNN Technical Director said, among other things, .'We Were Creating A Story -- Our Focus Was To Get Trump Out'. Had you known that in advance would you still have watched CNN, knowing it was a propaganda outfit? And the bigger problem was that CNN wasn't alone.

Given that America is the the world's leading democracy, the world's Superpower, have you not considered the idea that foreign interests may try to undermine the country through propaganda, to turn Americans against each other, to weaken them internally.

Here you have someone who admitted to it but your beliefs were so strong that Trump had to go that you'll not only forgive the guy but defend him. That's how easily, and often long lasting, propaganda works. Americans were once far more sophisticated in this regard.
I don't watch CNN or any news show, channel on any sort of regular basis, at all really. Maybe Spectrum news if I get distracted after turning on the app. I get all my news from the Internet, from checking out stories or simply looking through different networks, my preferred being NPR and Reuters.

I don't watch CNN or any news show, channel on any sort of regular basis, at all really. Maybe Spectrum news if I get distracted after turning on the app. I get all my news from the Internet, from checking out stories or simply looking through different networks, my preferred being NPR and Reuters.
NPR Is certainly is as bad as CNN but still watch it to see how they spin. I've had a long interest in propaganda, all the way from Hitler to the present day.

The funny thing is if Trump would have just shut up, not tweeted, and did his job as a professional then CNN would have had no material to use for some mastermind plan to get him out.
That's a good point. In many ways Trump contributed to the narrative CNN and others wanted to sell. But of course Trump was never the guy to sit back quietly. He brought his background with him and stayed himself.

PV's videos have been 100% accurate. Unless you're accusing them of doctoring the videos, dubbing or deleting words in, to make it appear someone said something they didn't.

For example, in the George Zimmerman audio, NBC deleted a dispatcher's words, where he asked George Zimmerman if the perpetrator was black. When Zimmerman, answered "he was black', it made it sound like Zimmerman had initiated the topic of race, instead of answering a question.

Do you have evidence Project Veritas did anything like that?

Yup, there is loads of evidence that this is Project Veritas's whole method of operation. They are famous for making highly edited deceptive video's. For example in the ACORN video's and the Planned Parenthood video where Veritas removed who portions of a conversation that showed that the Planned Parenthood employee did the exact opposite of what Veristas claimed.

If you visit https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/project-veritas/ you will read:

Founded in 2010, Project Veritas was created by James Edward O’Keefe III who is an American conservative political activist. He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters, some selectively edited to imply its subjects said things they did not, with figures and workers in academic, governmental, and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations. Project Veritas primarily targets liberals and liberal organizations.

NPR Is certainly is as bad as CNN but still watch it to see how they spin. I've had a long interest in propaganda, all the way from Hitler to the present day.
No, they aren't.

And CNN is just barely better than FOX (barely).

Let see proof of that.

Planned Parenthood recordings (2008)

In 2006, O'Keefe met Lila Rose, the founder of an anti-abortion group on the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) campus. They secretly recorded encounters in Planned Parenthood clinics in Los Angeles and Santa Monica, in which Rose posed as a 15-year-old girl impregnated by a 23-year-old male. Rose and O'Keefe made two videos incorporating heavily edited versions of the recordings and released them on. One of the videos depicted a clinic worker suggesting that Rose "figure out a birth date that works" to avoid a police report for statutory rape, which the clinic would have needed to file under California law; the video omitted the portions of the full conversation in which a Planned Parenthood employee asked Rose to consult her mother about the pregnancy and another employee told Rose, "We have to follow the laws". Rose took down the videos after Planned Parenthood sent her a cease and desist letter in May 2007 asserting that the videos violated California's voice recording laws, which required consent from all recorded parties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas#cite_note-47

That's a good point. In many ways Trump contributed to the narrative CNN and others wanted to sell. But of course Trump was never the guy to sit back quietly. He brought his background with him and stayed himself.

Trump wrote the narrative and he liked it that way. Even bad attention is good for attention seeking individuals. He knew if he tweeted something "outrageous" it would be headline news, so he did it and then cried about it like the victim he wasn't.

Trump wrote the narrative and he liked it that way. Even bad attention is good for attention seeking individuals. He knew if he tweeted something "outrageous" it would be headline news, so he did it and then cried about it like the victim he wasn't.
I mistakenly thought I'd get a more thoughtful response.

Yes, a complete failure who brought economic and this time existential ruin to his latest “project”.

Back
Top Bottom