• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We (still) live in a great country

Goobieman

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I ordered 1000 rounds of USGI 5.56 ammo – the current stuff, with the AP steel core - and it’s being shipped via UPS to my door.

I wonder what other countries allow this.

Unlimited access to ammo aside, I completely disagree, this country is toast.

The new generation of kids is awful, spoiled, disobedient and lazy; nothing dooms us more than that fact.

Besides that we are in tremendous debt, spread thin militarily, a political system in gridlock pretty much defined by corruption.

Everything about our country spells doom.

The new generation of kids is awful, spoiled, disobedient and lazy; nothing dooms us more than that fact.

While I partially agree.

You are kind of sounding like old man "Back in my day... ra... ra..."... :mrgreen:

I ordered 1000 rounds of USGI 5.56 ammo – the current stuff, with the AP steel core - and it’s being shipped via UPS to my door.

sure... you can buy hollow point, full metal jacket, polymer coated ammo that will pierce kevlar body armor. Who says otherwise?

and we are not only willing to allow our citizens to carry these monstrous weapons, we sell them to damn near anyone who asks. who says the an individual's right to destroy life at a rate 100 times greater than whole a legion of ceasar's foot soldiers... 10 times that of Hitlers infantry should be denied anyone just because they might use them against us, against our children. hell... kids are a dime a dozen. hundreds are dying everyday in our streets... what's a few more rugrat corpses when it is our freedoms we are talking about? if necessary, we can just trash the economy and ship all the indolent little slackers into battle against the swine we sold those beautiful icons of modern death technology to. after all, we created the Taliban by arming them against the sissy Russians who don't allow anyone with an itch to mow down the neighborhood on a bad day. and if those damned kids don't appreciate the opportunity to die by their own weapons in the enemies hands, well, what can you expect of people raised in these degenerate times where our right to a little friendly genocide is threatened by weak kneed liberals?

a fella recently lost is when his wife overcooked his eggs. well, shids bids..... there is only so much a man should be expected to take! took her out in a blink. the kids... the neighbors.

****ing hero to liberty - to the freedom to do any damned thing you want and keep anyone else from doing what they want as long as you have the weaponry.

geo.

Last edited:

What kind of wacko decides he lives in a great country based on the ammo he can buy legally? I'm sorry your measure of what makes a country great is idiotic.

sure... you can buy hollow point, full metal jacket, polymer coated ammo that will pierce kevlar body armor. Who says otherwise?
Your free lesson for the day:
Almost every ceterfire rifle round will defeat most kevlar body armor, including standard soft-point hunting rounds.

and we are not only willing to allow our citizens to carry these monstrous weapons, we sell them to damn near anyone who asks.
"Monstorus" weapons? Centerfire rifles?
:rotfl:

who says the an individual's right to destroy life at a rate 100 times greater than whole a legion of ceasar's foot soldiers... 10 times that of Hitlers infantry...(blah blah blah)
Excelent use of melodrama. Let us know when you can discuss the issue with some substance.

What kind of wacko decides he lives in a great country based on the ammo he can buy legally? I'm sorry your measure of what makes a country great is idiotic.
Yes -- freedom to exercise your rights -is- idiotic.
:roll:

"Monstorus" ?

well, actually, i said "monstrous".
Excelent use of melodrama.
well, assuming you mean "excellent", thanks, i like to keep in practice. never know when it will come in handy.
Let us know when you can discuss the issue with some substance.

"us", who, round eye? you? and you... YOU criticize a post for "lack of content"? alas, i do not know how to spell "rotfl", or i would roll on the floor laughing.

and ya know, an excess of style does not equate to a lack of content. i mean if it did, shakespeare would have have been forgotten long ago.

but, if you prefer a more straightforward response, i can do that, i think. it takes a little longer. i have no idea what "ceterfire rifle" is.

be back shortly.

geo.

Last edited:
QUOTE=Goobieman;1058998432]
"Monstorus"?
well, actually, i said "monstrous".
Excelent use of melodrama.
well, assunin you mean "excellent", thanks, i like to keep in pratice. never know when it will come in handy.
Still looking for substance. Not seeing any.

"us", who, round eye? you? and you... YOU criticize a post for "lack of content"?
Yes. Your post was full of ignorance and melodrama, and thus devoid of valid/relevant content.

So? That doesnt change anything I said.

Not really except the over enthusiastic response to legal ammo.. kinda freakish imo. Just sayin. I don't much think it is an attribute to get excited about .. really. Excitment fail.

Not really except the over enthusiastic response to legal ammo.. kinda freakish imo. Just sayin. I don't much think it is an attribute to get excited about .. really. Excitment fail.
Not really except the underenthusiastic response to legal ammo.. kinda freakish imo. Just sayin. I don't much think it is an attribute to get excited about .. really. Argument fail.

Not really except the underenthusiastic response to legal ammo.. kinda freakish imo. Just sayin. I don't much think it is an attribute to get excited about .. really. Argument fail.

Well let me see. I suppose legal ammo is pretty exciting in .. third world countries.

Besides that we are in tremendous debt, spread thin militarily, a political system in gridlock pretty much defined by corruption.

Everything about our country spells doom.

Every generation says that about the generation under it. So I'm calling BS on that.

Well let me see. I suppose legal ammo is pretty exciting in .. third world countries.
You miss the point - deliberately.
But, that's OK -- it doesnt matter at all to me if you dont undertsand the significance of the freedoms we have, especially the one described in the OP.

You miss the point - deliberately.
But, that's OK -- it doesnt matter at all to me if you dont undertsand the significance of the freedoms we have, especially the one described in the OP.

lmao.. yeah I'm excited about legal ammo.. prolly one of the most common legal things on the market.. like bread or w/e only with less usefulness then bread. *yawn*

lmao.. yeah I'm excited about legal ammo.. prolly one of the most common legal things on the market.. like bread or w/e only with less usefulness then bread. *yawn*
Because it is worth doing so, I shall repeat myself:

It doesnt matter at all to me if you dont undertsand the significance of the freedoms we have, especially the one described in the OP.

Because it is worth doing so, I shall repeat myself:

It doesnt matter at all to me if you dont undertsand the significance of the freedoms we have, especially the one described in the OP.

I just think your excited about something that is rather useless.. and in the grand scheme of things really not that important unless your government turns the peoples military on itself. In such a case you will all die lol. Hurray.. so exciting to look forward to that outcome.

I don't understand the mentality that thinks this is such a great thing.. and I think it's rather pathetic.

I don't understand the mentality that thinks this is such a great thing
That's OK -- there's nothing I can do about your lack of understanding, especially when it is willful.

Still looking for substance. Not seeing any.
Yes. Your post was full of ignorance and melodrama, and thus devoid of valid/relevant content.

no, plenty of drama (no, not MELOdrama, a aesthetic principle you might like to research before you use the term again) but not ignorance. you see, ignorance is a lack of knowledge and nothing can be full of a lack of anything. but, that aside, a post cannot be ignorant.... the poster is capable of knowledge, not the post. but, perhaps you wanted to avoid the slap of a moderator? by characterizing me THROUGH the my post... very clever of you. Still, you might want to wait until i demonstrate an actual lack of knowledge. You could have nailed me on the ammo... i did not know what your ammo was actually capable of (i deduced the United States Government Issue part). No idea what "centerfire" meant... but that is not much of a lack of knowledge is it... i mean among those of us who are not obsessed with our abilities to kill others?

so, you do not claim it lacks content, now, only that YOU feel the content lacks relevance or validity? well, that of course, is subjective. i think that the ease with which you purchase high powered ammunition and the prevalence of guns in criminal (and accidental) deaths is relevant. i think too, that the obsession americans have with guns and ammunition provides the makers of these materials with wealth and power and thereby a means for arming our enemies... the liberty you speak of is more centered on THEIR profitability than your safety.

oh, and thanks for the spelling corrections but I fixed the spelling errors before doing the research necessary to respond more fully ... you may note that all my posts have an edit.... because i care.

re:
Centerfire cartridges are more powerful since they can hold higher pressures than a similar rimfire cartridge, thus they also are more efficient for their size. For target shooting purposes, centerfire cartridges are more expensive, but for applications involving the hunting of large game they are the best choice.

well... i suppose People are pretty large.

but, according to the best sources i can find, including the National Criminal Justice Reference Service, your proposition that "Almost every ceterfire [sic] rifle round will defeat most kevlar body armor, including standard soft-point hunting rounds." is far from true.

To date, body armor has not been known to fail to prevent the penetration of a bullet constituting a threat equal to or less than the protection rating of the armor
the key being wearing armor appropriate to the threat. the lowest rated, Type I
protects against .22 long rifle lead round nose bullets, with nominal masses of 40 grain impacting at a minimum velocity of 1050 ft/s or less, and against .380 ACP full metal jacketed round nose with nominal masses of 95gr impacting at a minimum velocity of 1025 ft/s.
not enough, i am sure, to protect a ballsy fella like yerself against the profound threats you must face (oops... sorry...) and i suppose that falls out under your qualifying "almost". Too, of course, you were specific about "Kevlar" protection. I gotta admit, i just grabbed that as the most common identifier. i know, of course that new ceramic materials provide much better protection.

still, according to the NCJR, a Level II kevlar vest will stop a USGI 5.56. and Kevlar makes Level III material as well, so, i would say that your ammo, while impressive, ain't gonna stop the U.S. SEALS when the criminal Obama sends them swooping in through your chimbley.

as to the 2nd amendment... be back shortly,
geo.

Last edited:
Still, you might want to wait until i demonstrate an actual lack of knowledge. You could have nailed me on the ammo... i did not know what your ammo was actually capable of (i deduced the United States Government Issue part). No idea what "centerfire" meant... but that is not much of a lack of knowledge is it...?
You're doing a pretty good job of demonstrating that you do indeed lack knowledge - you don't need any help from me.

so, you do not claim it lacks content...
No, I did. Because it did. It contained nothing but self-demonstrated ignorance and melodrama.

i think that the ease with which you purchase high powered ammunition and the prevalence of guns in criminal (and accidental) deaths is relevant. i think too, that the obsession americans have with guns and ammunition provides the makers of these materials with wealth and power and thereby a means for arming our enemies.
Good news! This is America - and, much like the freedom to purchase large quantities of ammunition, free from governmental interference, you have the right to hold these opinions, freeom from similar interference.
So... what?

oh, and thanks for the spelling corrections but I fixed the spelling errors before doing the research necessary to respond more fully ... you may note that all my posts have an edit.... because i care.
Um... yeah. Why don't you now work on capitalization and punctuation.

well... i suppose People are pretty large.
I see your search for information hasn't really helped you

but, according to the best sources i can find, including the National Criminal Justice Reference Service, your proposition that "Almost every ceterfire [sic] rifle round will defeat most kevlar body armor, including standard soft-point hunting rounds." is far from true.
Nothing you have posted in suppport of this statement actually supports this statement.

All you've done is state that vests have been shown to protect the wearer from the threats they are designed to protect the wearer from. It doesn't say anything about the level of protection from threats that exceed that specified level.

Level I armor, as you note, will protect the wearer against .22LR, small handguns and the like -- but not from centerfire rifle cartridges.
Level II/IIA armor will protect the wearer from moderate .357 magnum handguns and the like - but not from centerfire rifle catridges.
Level III armor will protect the wearer from large-caliver handgins, .44 magnum and the like - but not from ceterfire rifle cartridges.
Level IIIA armor will protct the wearer to some degree from certain kinds of centerfire rifle catridges
Level IV armor will protct the wearer to some degree from certain kinds of centerfire rifle catridges

So, the idea that my statement is "far from true" is unsupportable, especially given the commonality of the varying kids of armor.

So, to boil things down - the jacketed soft point hunting ammo for my Weatherby .460 is FAR better able to pennetrate body armor than the 5.56 I just bought; your exception to the ammo I did buy is based on, well, ignorance.

Every generation says that about the generation under it. So I'm calling BS on that.

Any every generation beyond me will say that ... until we are at the cusp of flushing down the toilet and then everyone will collectively sigh ... ok, they were right.

Honestly, every generation that has said that in the last 100 years has been right, its just now we are getting to the point where the negative effects will take a serious hold on our future.

Also, to disagree with that is counterintuitive, given the wealth of information we have about societal evolution. Trust me, the Romans were saying the same thing: "every generation says that".

Last edited:
You're doing a pretty good job .....So... what?

well, nothing in all of that.
Um... yeah. Why don't you now work on capitalization and punctuation.
the rules of capitalization have nothing to the sense of writing. completely lacking it has no impact on understandability. capitalizing as you were taught to do so in school only demonstrates your abilities to do what you are told to do. judging from your views as you express them here, i have no doubt that you are expert in doing as you are told, but not everyone considers that a virtue.

have you read the Constitution? the Declaration Of Independence? noted the capitalization? Jefferson capped those things he thought most important, those things he wanted YOU to see as important. THAT was the standard for well over a millennium. Shakespeare, Milton, King James.... if it was good enough for them, it is good enough for me.

as for punctuation, if you find errors, i would be happy to hear of them. Keep in mind though that vernacular punctuation (as opposed to academic) is highly subjective.

Nothing you have posted in suppport [sic] of this statement actually supports this statement.
the expertise of the individuals that provided the info if more than adequate support, especially when we consider that you have made no attempts to support anything that you have said.
All you've done is state that vests have been shown to protect the wearer from the threats they are designed to protect the wearer from. It doesn't say anything about the level of protection from threats that exceed that specified level.
untrue. you said kevlar will not protect against centerfire rifles. Level I includes centerfire rifles. so your statement is wrong. level III protects against MOST weapons available outside of the military including so-called soft point armor piercing ammo. so, your statement is wrong.

Level I armor, .....
thanks... according to... YOU? sorry, i do not mean to be unkind but you have yet to show your qualifications as a munitions protection testing expert. dig out that West Point Curriculum Vitae or admit to spouting wishful thinking.

my statement is, at the very least, better supported than anything you have said.
the jacketed soft point hunting ammo for my Weatherby .460 is FAR better able to pennetrate [sic] body armor than the 5.56 I just bought; your exception to the ammo I did buy is based on, well, ignorance.

my "exception to the ammo"? when did i express any such thing?

you have BIGGER guns? well, size matters, the girleens say. dunno if it counts if you have to go out and buy it, but i would not be surprised.

all of which is immaterial to the issue of the 2nd amendment which this silly quibbling is interfering with.

geo.

Back
Top Bottom