• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We Stand for Democracy

It's aimed at a straw man created by the left. No one is 'attempting to suppress democracy'.

First if all, you clearly don’t know what a straw man argument is.

Second, we have the video. Lot’s of Trump video in which he claims that he’s still king regardless of what the voters say.

We have the trash on right wing media and in skinhead blogs, and the alternate social media universe that all the Trumpsters ran and hid in after the election.

We have Alex Jones, and Donald Trump inciting.

And we have the video of the right wing trash mob that stormed the US Capitol.

That was an act of open revolt spurred on by the sedition of your fool’s gold wannabe fuhrer.

The republic has survived Trumpism, so far.

And most Americans are going to go out of their way to see that it doesn’t come back any time soon.

Your fuhrer won’t get his “do over”, nor was he successful in his attempt to dispatch a mob to the Capitol to prevent him from being officially dethroned.

Your claim that “no one was attempting to suppress democracy” is an outright lie.

That was exactly what Trump’s mob believed it was there to do. Many of them told the TV cameras and their FB friends exactly that on the day of.

Talk radio right wingers were never very good at this business of trying to rewrite history after the fact. You tend to be the only ones who believe the nonsense.

Which is why so many Trumpsters retreated from the real world and hid on 8chan, Telegraph, MeWe and Parler, where their lies go unchallenged, and where their fears, racism and xenphobia have free reign.

Sounds like you may be making the mistake of underestimating the sheer ignorance of the American electorate.
I wouldn't do that if I were you.

I have made that mistake on occasion.

However, the voter supression laws that the GOP is pushing in 40 states all have specific strategies and targets.

Stacy Abrams demonstrated that an informed electorate, one that understands the games being played, will be able to organize and stand up to these efforts.

In the past, voter caging operations worked, because the victims didn’t know that they had been caged until they showed up on election day.

Voters in precincts targeted by voters supression laws like the one adopted in Georgia, know how this works. They stood up to it last time. They will agin.

Trump showed the country how high the stakes really are.

Dispite the weak denials, do you doubt for even one minute, that the Trump crowd would be cheering and defending Trump declaring marshal law and continuing to reighn regardless of any election? Seriously?

The “multi national globalist” are the ones who have dictated the script on tax and fiscal issues to the GOP since at least the Reagan Administration.

And they’re the ones who write the checks that pay the big right wing public relations shops that feed talk radio and Fox the messages that the right wing “high information” voters all repeat.

You’ve been voting FOR the economic agenda of the “multinational globalists” for decades. The man in your AM radio tells you to.
What you are ignoring is the fact that they pay the left wing, as well.

You are worried about "The man in your AM radio" while you ignore the crowd on your TV, all over the Internet and at all the big newspapers.

Watch this thing closely. Here’s where Mitch and friends are made to take their lumps in a deal with Democrats to rid the stage of Trump or anyone like him. The good news is this is what Trumpers want. The bad news is it will further split them from the moderate Republicans and push them farther out of the mainstream.
You call them "moderate Republicans". I call them unthinking Republicans who believe whatever the Elites tell them.

btw, those "moderate Republicans" are in the minority in the Republican Party.

that's cool, but i suggest not donating to Republicans while you're at it. that includes ads on fox.

I used to but not any longer. When a group of people invade the capitol with the sole intention of stopping the steal, no, pretty much all of us are not for democracy.
Well sure there's a small minority who are not for democracy. They run around with hoods on, calling for anarchy and waving around totalitarian dictatorship symbols. Though a few morons think such people are "just an idea" - in reality they've flooded our streets for months, leaving in their wake a litany of arson, destruction, looting and murder.

220px-Patriot_Prayer_vs_Antifa_protests._Photo_11_of_14_(25095096398).jpg

What you are ignoring is the fact that they pay the left wing, as well.

You are worried about "The man in your AM radio" while you ignore the crowd on your TV, all over the Internet and at all the big newspapers.

None of that meant much of anything.

But it is telling that the one and only significant piece of legislation passed during the Trump Administration was a giant tax cut engineered by Steve Mnuchin, financed with 100%of your borrowed money, and aimed straight at WAll Street.

FYI - this isn't the case in every state. Texas, for example, you just mail in a form to a central registration office. Many, many, fakes and duplicates are submitted every election cycle, which is why it's so important to check ID at the polls.

Why can voters not register online in Texas? Why the need for mailing in the application? I would like to see your evidence of the many, many, fakes and duplicate registrations submitted. Please show where this is documented.

I show my ID at the polls every time I vote. Always have.
I may vote mail in from here on out, I have that option in my state.
However: I have a polling place right up the street where I can vote and there is never a wait of over a couple minutes.
So its very easy for me to vote. I realize its not like that everywhere.
I agree. I show my ID every time. They have made it very easy to vote in my state (Texas). I don't think I've stood in line more than 20 minutes in the past half dozen elections.

First if all, you clearly don’t know what a straw man argument is.

Second, we have the video. Lot’s of Trump video in which he claims that he’s still king regardless of what the voters say.

We have the trash on right wing media and in skinhead blogs, and the alternate social media universe that all the Trumpsters ran and hid in after the election.

We have Alex Jones, and Donald Trump inciting.

And we have the video of the right wing trash mob that stormed the US Capitol.

That was an act of open revolt spurred on by the sedition of your fool’s gold wannabe fuhrer.

The republic has survived Trumpism, so far.

And most Americans are going to go out of their way to see that it doesn’t come back any time soon.

Your fuhrer won’t get his “do over”, nor was he successful in his attempt to dispatch a mob to the Capitol to prevent him from being officially dethroned.

Your claim that “no one was attempting to suppress democracy” is an outright lie.

That was exactly what Trump’s mob believed it was there to do. Many of them told the TV cameras and their FB friends exactly that on the day of.

Talk radio right wingers were never very good at this business of trying to rewrite history after the fact. You tend to be the only ones who believe the nonsense.

Which is why so many Trumpsters retreated from the real world and hid on 8chan, Telegraph, MeWe and Parler, where their lies go unchallenged, and where their fears, racism and xenphobia have free reign.
eh. Except I do know what a straw man is, and you are clearly attacking one.

The following two-page ad appeared in the NYT and the Washington Post and other major newspapers:

"A Government of the people, by the people. A beautifully American ideal, but a reality denied to many for much of this nation’s history. As Americans, we know that in our democracy we should not expect to agree on everything. However, regardless of our political affiliations, we believe the very foundation of our electoral process rests upon the ability of each of us to cast our ballots for the candidates of our choice. For American democracy to work for any of us, we must ensure the right to vote for all of us. We all should feel a responsibility to defend the right to vote and to oppose any discriminatory legislation or measures that restrict or prevent any eligible voter from having an equal and fair opportunity to cast a ballot. Voting is the lifeblood of our democracy and we call upon all Americans to join us in taking a nonpartisan stand for this most basic and fundamental right of all Americans."

Here's a portion of it:

View attachment 67328669
General Motors. IBM. Ford Motor Company. And hundreds and hundreds of others.

This is aimed at you, Republicans, and your attempts to suppress democracy.

Nice.
What? What eligible voters have been denied to vote? Maybe you can post some links.

Why can voters not register online in Texas? Why the need for mailing in the application? I would like to see your evidence of the many, many, fakes and duplicate registrations submitted. Please show where this is documented.
For a long time, Texas was hobbled in making any changes due to the VRA. I can't answer why they haven't changed since, other than perhaps to slow down the pace of fraudulent registrations.

Fraudulent voter registrations have been an ongoing issue. In Harris county, a few elections back, they had almost 10K, including mickey mouse and the Dallas Cowboy's starting lineup. Not to mention registrations to post office boxes, vacant lots, 60+ people to an address, etc. And that's not counting duplicate registrations and name variants.

The multinational globalists are panicking. They are desperate to prevent Trump from ever getting elected and prevent anyone Trump supports getting elected. They NEED their election fraud.

It's so bad for them they HAD to come out of the shadows.

LOLOL. Priceless denial.

You call them "moderate Republicans". I call them unthinking Republicans who believe whatever the Elites tell them.

btw, those "moderate Republicans" are in the minority in the Republican Party.
Whatever you call them, still can’t win without them. They are like 20% of the party.

Whatever you call them, still can’t win without them. They are like 20% of the party.
I think you are wrong. I think Independents and, even, Democrats who agree with the Republican rank and file make up that 20%.

Since (to the best of my knowledge) nothing being proposed "restricts or prevents eligible voters an equal and fair opportunity to cast a ballot," this petition is meaningless.

Meaningless except as both an opportunity to virtue signal and spread propaganda in the form of misinformation that is.

Requiring identification and proof of a right to vote (i.e. being a person registered to vote in that jurisdiction) is simply voter security.

Everyone has access to ID, most people can sign their names or provide alternative confirmation if disabled.

Since when has spreading propaganda and misinformation been a problem for you?

In fact you're doing it right now and the reason is quite simple.

No one believes people like you when you claim there is no voter suppression going on here, it's extremely obvious what is going on and why...

The reason you are lying to everyone is that you support it's efforts because your political wants, outweigh your desire for a truly free and democratic society as you have demonstrated quite clearly since Trumps loss especially, you are willing to spread lies and misinformation to undermine Democracy itself and in fact when confronted with Trumps efforts to undermine the Postal Service in order to stop as many mail in ballots as possible from being counted...

Your response was "We are not a democracy, nor should we be!".

Says everything we need to know about your dishonest and shallow efforts to support widespread voter disenfranchisement...

Because you think it'll mean it's more likely politicians you happen to support will win, including the dictator you want to install by lying about the Democratic Process itself.

So much for the rights of the individual...

More like rights for those you happen to agree with.

For a long time, Texas was hobbled in making any changes due to the VRA. I can't answer why they haven't changed since, other than perhaps to slow down the pace of fraudulent registrations.

Fraudulent voter registrations have been an ongoing issue. In Harris county, a few elections back, they had almost 10K, including mickey mouse and the Dallas Cowboy's starting lineup. Not to mention registrations to post office boxes, vacant lots, 60+ people to an address, etc. And that's not counting duplicate registrations and name variants.

Harris County, where the governor closed every mail in ballot drop off except one in a county of four million people.

Now tell us about no voter supression techniques!

On that subject, I doubt that your claim is true.

But then again, fraudulent voter registration forms are not vote fraud. It only becomes actual vote fraud if Mickey Mouse or the Dallas Cowboy’s lineup actually voted.

By law, all registrations must be turned in, fake or not. The election officials have to verify the information on the forms before that person (real or not) can be actually registered to vote. Registrations from all political parties have to be. turned in. If Democrats run a voter registration drive, then anyone who signs up and registered as a Republican gets turned in as well. (unless you’re the Virginia GOP, which got caught in 2016 tossing Democratic voter registration form in the trash).

They are two different things.

I don’t expect the talk radio Trump crowd to actually know anything about election law. They regularly demonstrate that they don’t.

Your post is a case in point.

I don’t think it matters.

The GOP campaign against voting is large, ongoing, and. very obvious. And its gets even more obvious the louder the right wing shouts the same empty excuses and false claims about non existent fraud.

People are hip to this game.

It didn’t work for the GOP in 2020, and doubling down on it now, isn’t going to give them the results they want.

Last edited:
I doubt that that is actually true.

But then again, fraudulent voter registration forms are not vote fraud.

They are two different things.

I don’t expect the talk radio Trump crowd to actually know anything about election law. They regularly demonstrate that they don’t.

Your post is a case in point.
Actually... it is true.

And while voter registration fraud is different than voter fraud, one can open the door for the other. Voter ID has certainly helped to limit this risk.

Otherwise, I see you are trying to deflect with straw men, personal attacks, and gaslighting, rather than addressing the issue.

Actually... it is true.

And while voter registration fraud is different than voter fraud, one can open the door for the other. Voter ID has certainly helped to limit this risk.

Otherwise, I see you are trying to deflect with straw men, personal attacks, and gaslighting, rather than addressing the issue.

Then you should have no trouble documenting that claim!

You tried to dance past the way Abbot tried to restrict voting in Harris County in the last election.

Oh yes, Ken Paxton fought a giant war against voter fraud in Texas in 2020, all sixteen cases.

Vote fraud is not necessarily enabled by inaccurate or fake registration forms. Since they all have to be checked and verified prior to the voter being actually registered. There is no effective way to influence an election with fake voter registrations since there is no way to guarantee if or how many will get caught. So, even if that were going on, and there is no evidence that it is, it’s a strategy with very dubious odds of producing results.

And voter ID makes no difference. If a fake registration form listing Mickey Mouse at a certain address gets registered, and you show up at the polls with an ID that says Mickey Mouse, you get to vote.

Try again.

You can leave out your catalog of name calling and buzzwords this time.

That's an interesting reality... The VRA didn't hamper squat... Texas was forced last year by a federal court to allow registration online when renewing a license... Paxton fought this all the way....

Back
Top Bottom