• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We Stand for Democracy

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The following two-page ad appeared in the NYT and the Washington Post and other major newspapers:

"A Government of the people, by the people. A beautifully American ideal, but a reality denied to many for much of this nation’s history. As Americans, we know that in our democracy we should not expect to agree on everything. However, regardless of our political affiliations, we believe the very foundation of our electoral process rests upon the ability of each of us to cast our ballots for the candidates of our choice. For American democracy to work for any of us, we must ensure the right to vote for all of us. We all should feel a responsibility to defend the right to vote and to oppose any discriminatory legislation or measures that restrict or prevent any eligible voter from having an equal and fair opportunity to cast a ballot. Voting is the lifeblood of our democracy and we call upon all Americans to join us in taking a nonpartisan stand for this most basic and fundamental right of all Americans."

Here's a portion of it:

1618450901388.png
General Motors. IBM. Ford Motor Company. And hundreds and hundreds of others.

This is aimed at you, Republicans, and your attempts to suppress democracy.

Nice.

The following two-page ad appeared in the NYT and the Washington Post and other major newspapers:

"A Government of the people, by the people. A beautifully American ideal, but a reality denied to many for much of this nation’s history. As Americans, we know that in our democracy we should not expect to agree on everything. However, regardless of our political affiliations, we believe the very foundation of our electoral process rests upon the ability of each of us to cast our ballots for the candidates of our choice. For American democracy to work for any of us, we must ensure the right to vote for all of us. We all should feel a responsibility to defend the right to vote and to oppose any discriminatory legislation or measures that restrict or prevent any eligible voter from having an equal and fair opportunity to cast a ballot. Voting is the lifeblood of our democracy and we call upon all Americans to join us in taking a nonpartisan stand for this most basic and fundamental right of all Americans."

Here's a portion of it:

View attachment 67328669

Nice.
No, this is aimed at the low information voters, who believe this garbage.

Cool. I think pretty much all of us "Stand for Democracy."

Everyone who wants to vote can and does vote.

The rest is partisan whining and victim role-playing.

Lotta changes to a system that was always fine before they started losing. Seems kind of cheap and corrupt, quite frankly.

Hoo boy this is going to be a hoot.

I'd pretty much agree with that. There are some areas where there should be more polling places and I'd argue that mail in absentee ballots should be an option for every person in the country in every election.
Also: in order to get registered you have to have valid ID but after that you can just get your ballot mailed to you.

Here's a portion of it:

View attachment 67328669

Nice.

Since (to the best of my knowledge) nothing being proposed "restricts or prevents eligible voters an equal and fair opportunity to cast a ballot," this petition is meaningless.

Meaningless except as both an opportunity to virtue signal and spread propaganda in the form of misinformation that is.

Requiring identification and proof of a right to vote (i.e. being a person registered to vote in that jurisdiction) is simply voter security.

Everyone has access to ID, most people can sign their names or provide alternative confirmation if disabled.

Here's a portion of it:

View attachment 67328669

Nice.
The multinational globalists are panicking. They are desperate to prevent Trump from ever getting elected and prevent anyone Trump supports getting elected. They NEED their election fraud.

It's so bad for them they HAD to come out of the shadows.

The desperation is shining brightly!
With the additional voter security measures to make sure our elections are fair and secure some are in a panic.
2024 will see a giant swing away from
the lunacy currently in charge at the federal level. They will try anything to hold the power they have!

Lotta changes to a system that was always fine before they started losing. Seems kind of cheap and corrupt, quite frankly.

"We always did it this way" says the luddite. "What will become of the lamp-lighters and buggy-whips?"

Watch this thing closely. Here’s where Mitch and friends are made to take their lumps in a deal with Democrats to rid the stage of Trump or anyone like him. The good news is this is what Trumpers want. The bad news is it will further split them from the moderate Republicans and push them farther out of the mainstream.

Are you a high information voter?

The qualification is listening to Rush Limbaugh (he coined the term). Dittoheads are high information, everyone else is low information. You get how cults work, right?

Cool. I think pretty much all of us "Stand for Democracy."

Donald Trump never did. He constantly talked about taking power, by extra constitutional means.

He called for a “do over” of his one term (without benefit of elections).

He declared elections fraudulant before the first vote was cast.

When he lost, he engaged in elaborate schemes and false claims and planning to find a way from preventing the election from being certified.

And his bobble head worshippers (including virtually all of the ones who liked the OP) bought the lies wholesale and cheered for the mob that Trump conjured up on January 6th.

After nearly tree decades of idiotic right wing memes, lies, bigotry and outright and belligerant stupidity, the same talk radio reactionaries are all here peddling the same lies and trying to call everyone else “low information”.

There never was much doubt that the talk radio right wingers were prepared to sacrifice their right to vote and our democracy in order to prop up their fool’s gold wannabe fuhrer.

And they disgraced themselves.

And now all they have is name calling and idiotic attempts at denial.

The multinational globalists are panicking. They are desperate to prevent Trump from ever getting elected and prevent anyone Trump supports getting elected. They NEED their election fraud.

It's so bad for them they HAD to come out of the shadows.

The “multi national globalist” are the ones who have dictated the script on tax and fiscal issues to the GOP since at least the Reagan Administration.

And they’re the ones who write the checks that pay the big right wing public relations shops that feed talk radio and Fox the messages that the right wing “high information” voters all repeat.

You’ve been voting FOR the economic agenda of the “multinational globalists” for decades. The man in your AM radio tells you to.

The desperation is shining brightly!
With the additional voter security measures to make sure our elections are fair and secure some are in a panic.
2024 will see a giant swing away from
the lunacy currently in charge at the federal level. They will try anything to hold the power they have!

Well, celebrating laws specifically aimed at preventing certain groups of people from voting says it all.

It won’t work this time. It didn’t work in 2020.

The only reason GOP voter caging efforts worked, was because they ran in the background.

And the voter supression operations that the GOP and ALEC have been running for a decade didn’t work either.

I doubt that more of the same will work this time either.

It’s all out in the open now. And people understand that this is what the GOP is doing because it can’t win elections the honest way.

No, there won’t be a drastic swing back to the backwards, xenophobic, racist no nothingness that got TRump close enough for the electoral college to put him over.

People aren’t going to go back to a government run by lobbyists, hacks, bag men, and scam artists.

I know that the right wing here loved every minute of that clown show.

But the adults are in charge now.

Also: in order to get registered you have to have valid ID but after that you can just get your ballot mailed to you.

FYI - this isn't the case in every state. Texas, for example, you just mail in a form to a central registration office. Many, many, fakes and duplicates are submitted every election cycle, which is why it's so important to check ID at the polls.

Here's a portion of it:

Nice.
It's aimed at a straw man created by the left. No one is 'attempting to suppress democracy'.

FYI - this isn't the case in every state. Texas, for example, you just mail in a form to a central registration office. Many, many, fakes and duplicates are submitted every election cycle, which is why it's so important to check ID at the polls.

I show my ID at the polls every time I vote. Always have.
I may vote mail in from here on out, I have that option in my state.
However: I have a polling place right up the street where I can vote and there is never a wait of over a couple minutes.
So its very easy for me to vote. I realize its not like that everywhere.

Well, celebrating laws specifically aimed at preventing certain groups of people from voting says it all.

It won’t work this time. It didn’t work in 2020.

The only reason GOP voter caging efforts worked, was because they ran in the background.

And the voter supression operations that the GOP and ALEC have been running for a decade didn’t work either.

I doubt that more of the same will work this time either.

It’s all out in the open now. And people understand that this is what the GOP is doing because it can’t win elections the honest way.

No, there won’t be a drastic swing back to the backwards, xenophobic, racist no nothingness that got TRump close enough for the electoral college to put him over.

People aren’t going to go back to a government run by lobbyists, hacks, bag men, and scam artists.

I know that the right wing here loved every minute of that clown show.

But the adults are in charge now.

Sounds like you may be making the mistake of underestimating the sheer ignorance of the American electorate.
I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Back
Top Bottom