• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We paid $634 million for the Obamacare sites and all we got was this lousy 404

Sad part of the story is that it's superfluous. Every major health insurance carrier clearly shows premium amounts -- and whether one is entitled to a subsidy. This could have more easily be handled by . . . wait for it . . . private enterprise.
Any bets that it was contracted out to private enterprise? Much of this type of stuff is to IBM or Microsoft or what have you.

They didn't spend $634 million on that website.

The company that made the website does other government contracts. They've received $634 total over the last few years. (some of it before Obamacare was even signed into law) 114 different contracts, apparently.
So you're saying a private rather than government entity DID in fact f' this up? Interesting. Additionally they are being paid for numerous other contracts and hence not all of it was Obamacare, some might be for example for the VA to get it's records digitized and available, stuff like that for our troops?

Really??? You mean the righties exaggerated and hyped AGAIN. Wow, I'm shocked I tell you.

Any bets that it was contracted out to private enterprise? Much of this type of stuff is to IBM or Microsoft or what have you.

There's no shame in their game. They're not going to stop unless we stop them.

Why does no one in the media discuss the possibility that the site was hacked, or is being attacked by a denial of service attack from a botnet of zombie computers? I'm not saying this is what definitely happened, but they are always quick to suggest terrorists are behind everything else...

This is all probably due to the bureaucracy. The web developers would probably try to get it working, but the government people probably told them that that button over there should be a slightly lighter shade of blue, etc.

Why does no one in the media discuss the possibility that the site was hacked, or is being attacked by a denial of service attack from a botnet of zombie computers? I'm not saying this is what definitely happened, but they are always quick to suggest terrorists are behind everything else...

This is all probably due to the bureaucracy. The web developers would probably try to get it working, but the government people probably told them that that button over there should be a slightly lighter shade of blue, etc.

The Democrats realized that millions finding out that their health insurance premiums were going to increase exponentially in the middle of a budget debate would be a bad deal.

I'm wondering if it will be down until after the 2014 elections.

I mean its either that or the Democrats simply misappropriated ( stole ) the funds and at the last minute paid a guy 100 bucks to go to one of those " Build your own Website" sites.

Like this one.......Free website | Free blog | Create a free website | Weebly

The Democrats realized that millions finding out that their health insurance premiums were going to increase exponentially in the middle of a budget debate would be a bad deal.

I mean its either that or the Democrats simply misappropriated ( stole ) the funds and at the last minute paid a guy 100 bucks to go to one of those " Build your own Website" sites.

The people who make these websites are deeply entrenched in the establishment. It's always the same contractors, who don't make the best product, but have the best connections. Their CEO is probably a former congressman or similar. I doubt the funds were misappropriated for this reason. As for it being intentional, that's always a possibility, although several years are a really tough sell. As I understand it, the phones are still working anyway. If I were in power and wanted to cover up high premiums, I'd probably just throw out a distraction instead, like maybe a government shutdown. :D

Gross: U.S. Taxpayers Shelled Out $634,320,919 To Build Obamacare Website… | Weasel Zippers

Over 600 million dollars and 3 years and it doesn't even ****ing work. How lovely. Gee leftists lets just waste some more money, we can just print up more and it wont even matter.

No, it was DESIGNED to fail... if you ask forbes, they say it's because the government does not want you to know how much premiums will cost.

I think we can safely chalk this one up as This Is What Happens When You Don't Question What You're Told

Coming from you this is a shock statement... or wait, was this to say you believe in Obama and free healthcare that more than doubles costs for most?

Analysis by computer experts show that the signup for obamacare is actually a trojan horse where you tie your IP address to your name and SSN for the government to track you, the data gets fed to the NSA (Who's new facility has been catching fire with all the issues of collecting everyones data from every possible source).

It's not designed to work... it is a complete scam no matter how you slice it. Consider that this database is supposed to tie into all different systems across the US, some of these databases are antiquated systems that don't use the same formatting and so all these databases need to be normalized into a single system, and this is a process that can take years within a singular institution... like a school division. However, with this nonsense, Obama can actually BENEFIT by using the failing system by claiming it's his oppositions fault for the system not working and push his agenda even further and faster.

No, it was DESIGNED to fail... if you ask forbes, they say it's because the government does not want you to know how much premiums will cost.

Unless you mean Steve Forbes, Forbes is a very large organization. Can you cite an author?

Analysis by computer experts show that the signup for obamacare is actually a trojan horse where you tie your IP address to your name and SSN for the government to track you, the data gets fed to the NSA (Who's new facility has been catching fire with all the issues of collecting everyones data from every possible source).

Assuming they intercept all web traffic, and have the SSL private keys for major service providers (acquired via national security letter) they have this information already, because they would have access to EVERYTHING you ever did online, except on SSL websites which are not popular enough to get a national security letter. As proof for this analysis, it has been leaked that lavabit was shut down after the NSA requested an SSL private key specifically.

Maybe I'm out of touch with domain fees for putting up a website, as well as what the current going rate is for a web designer to build a website, but will somebody please enlighten me as to how this could possibly cost more than even a million or 2?

This sounds just like those no-bid contracts that they would give to halliburton overcharging and scamming taxpayers...
it's the same sht all over again.

Actually it's different ****, because this is about saving lives instead of bringing them to an abrupt end, but it does look and smell the same.

Unless you mean Steve Forbes, Forbes is a very large organization. Can you cite an author?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot...snt-want-you-to-know-health-plans-true-costs/

Assuming they intercept all web traffic, and have the SSL private keys for major service providers (acquired via national security letter) they have this information already, because they would have access to EVERYTHING you ever did online, except on SSL websites which are not popular enough to get a national security letter. As proof for this analysis, it has been leaked that lavabit was shut down after the NSA requested an SSL private key specifically.

Yes, they have most of the information, but scattered, and most private data entered is through secure servers, and as you said, that requires either a backdoor or specific permission.

I would wager that information gathered sporadically is much more difficult to piece together into a coherent database, whereas entering all your data into a Trojan horse website like this fed directly to the NSA would allow for the ip address to be concisely linked to personal info.

Where did everybody go? Nobody else is wondering how it cost well over a half a BILLION dollars to build a website? This is how they rip us off. This is why we have such a huge deficit. Misappropriated funds are funneled away for black projects that benefit THEM, and will be used against us one day.
Tell me I'm wrong.[
/QUOTE]

You are wrong. (You asked to be told this.)

Most of that money was artfully diverted to cover the NSA's 24/7 illegal surveillance of the American sheeple.

Actually it's different ****, because this is about saving lives instead of bringing them to an abrupt end, but it does look and smell the same.

Wait till death panels come into play... Or "end of life care" to make it sound nicer...

Obamacare's Website Is Crashing Because It Doesn't Want You To Know How Costly Its Plans Are - Forbes

Yes, they have most of the information, but scattered, and most private data entered is through secure servers, and as you said, that requires either a backdoor or specific permission.

I would wager that information gathered sporadically is much more difficult to piece together into a coherent database, whereas entering all your data into a Trojan horse website like this fed directly to the NSA would allow for the ip address to be concisely linked to personal info.

It's not that difficult, actually. All data sent over the internet is sent using GET or POST, which basically looks like this:

A sample login:
name=Matt E
password=1234567

A sample registration:
email=matt.e@gmail.com
name=Matt E
password=1234567

Sometimes a website will have "E-Mail" instead of "email," but it's easy for them to interpret this. Since everyone always logins in via email, they probably use someone's email as a user ID, then try to associate information with that email by IP address, and then associate email addresses with SSNs by the data about the person. I told amazon that I am the Matt E who lives at 1234 Something Street, Town, Alabama, and also that my email address is matt.e@gmail.com (not my real email). I told this forum that my email is matt.e@gmail.com, and I voted "yes" in that poll asking if I want to support a revolution. Now they know to put me on a low level watch list. It's that easy, so long as they put a tap on the internet, and get SSL private keys. The taps just need to be installed in about 5 different locations, I'd guess. All the servers are in Dallas and Seattle (and a few other places) so you just need to put a splitter at these top-level ISPs so that every packet goes to the destination and to the black box, which hooks up to a classified network using a one-way fiber-optic data diode. They can get the SSL keys by sending national security letters to everyone who matters. They can't say a thing about the letter, and they have to give up the info or stop existing.

It's not that difficult, actually. All data sent over the internet is sent using GET or POST, which basically looks like this:

A sample login:
name=Matt E
password=1234567

A sample registration:
email=matt.e@gmail.com
name=Matt E
password=1234567

Sometimes a website will have "E-Mail" instead of "email," but it's easy for them to interpret this. Since everyone always logins in via email, they probably use someone's email as a user ID, then try to associate information with that email by IP address, and then associate email addresses with SSNs by the data about the person. I told amazon that I am the Matt E who lives at 1234 Something Street, Town, Alabama, and also that my email address is matt.e@gmail.com (not my real email). I told this forum that my email is matt.e@gmail.com, and I voted "yes" in that poll asking if I want to support a revolution. Now they know to put me on a low level watch list. It's that easy, so long as they put a tap on the internet, and get SSL private keys. The taps just need to be installed in about 5 different locations, I'd guess. All the servers are in Dallas and Seattle (and a few other places)

I'm not all that surprised really... Even though I assumed passwords would at least be encrypted before being transmitted.

so you just need to put a splitter at these top-level ISPs so that every packet goes to the destination and to the black box, which hooks up to a classified network using a one-way fiber-optic data diode. They can get the SSL keys by sending national security letters to everyone who matters. They can't say a thing about the letter, and they have to give up the info or stop existing.

Those splitters have been put into ALL ISPs serving more than 100 customers in compliance with the 1991 communications law (forget the proper name for it).

Back
Top Bottom