• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We need UFA! To save lives, save the country, it's a right and we must demand it!

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Why is there still hunger in America? Why do we waste billion on illegal wars? Why do we allow Big Grocery to deny good wholesome food to the most needy in America? We subsidize farmers, practically owning the farms as it is, why can't we take the natural next step?

Think about an America, where you didn't have to worry about where the next meal would come from, worry about feeding your children. Imagine an America where everyone has equal access to the most nutritious food, instead of being denied based on income. Only the best foods are available to the Uber Rich, and that's just not fair.

Help bring REAL Hope, and REAL Change to America. Support Universal Food Availability. A single payer food initiative that will benefit all Americans. Private Grocery Stores would be controlled by the "Federal Food Availability Agency" which would ensure that all Americans would have equal access to food. You would come in, shop for what you need, and then leave, your share paid through a new tax on income, the "F.ood A.vailability T.ax"

Do your patriotic duty, call your congressman, or woman and demand America live up to it's promise of a free country that provides for all her people, not just the most wealthy.

Re: We need UFA! To save lives, save the country, it's a right and we must demand it

Why is there still hunger in America? Why do we waste billion on illegal wars? Why do we allow Big Grocery to deny good wholesome food to the most needy in America? We subsidize farmers, practically owning the farms as it is, why can't we take the natural next step?

Think about an America, where you didn't have to worry about where the next meal would come from, worry about feeding your children. Imagine an America where everyone has equal access to the most nutritious food, instead of being denied based on income. Only the best foods are available to the Uber Rich, and that's just not fair.

Help bring REAL Hope, and REAL Change to America. Support Universal Food Availability. A single payer food initiative that will benefit all Americans. Private Grocery Stores would be controlled by the "Federal Food Availability Agency" which would ensure that all Americans would have equal access to food. You would come in, shop for what you need, and then leave, your share paid through a new tax on income, the "F.ood A.vailability T.ax"

Do your patriotic duty, call your congressman, or woman and demand America live up to it's promise of a free country that provides for all her people, not just the most wealthy.

Why did Obama and the democrats cut food stamps last week to save teachers jobs. More unions support and screw the people

Re: We need UFA! To save lives, save the country, it's a right and we must demand it

Why is there still hunger in America?

ooooo!

that's clever! that's what they call irony, huh? boy, you must be smart!

big bad gummint got ya skeered. eh? well, yer not alone, i suppose.

geo.

Why is there still hunger in America?[/QUOTE

1. Weak monetary policy. Printing money out of thin air, leads to inflation, devaluation of the dollar, the cost of living rises faster than wages, and Americans are over taxed and over regulated.
2. Our foreign policy. We keep policing the world. Fighting illegal wars. Not to mention maintaining our bases world wide costs over 700 billion dollars. Plus we give money to all of these other countries which ties into number 1.
3. Too many government programs bring costs up not down.

ooooo!

that's clever! that's what they call irony, huh? boy, you must be smart!

big bad gummint got ya skeered. eh? well, yer not alone, i suppose.

geo.

It is Ironic that the bounty of America doesn't extend to feeding, and ensuring the highest quality foods for her Citizens. I am scared that if Gov't doesn't step in, more people will starve!

People haven't made dinner yet.

/thread

I see you mock those less fortunate then you are. I bet you laugh at starving children you see on the streets. And I bet you make dinner not even caring about those that go without.

I see you mock those less fortunate then you are. I bet you laugh at starving children you see on the streets. And I bet you make dinner not even caring about those that go without.

Pretty much.

Well except those in third world nations, they actually have a hard time feeding themselves.

i just plain do not get what it is that republicans and TPers don't get about universal health insurance.

x dollars was spent providing health care to americans in the year before the UHC bill was proposed in the house.

that money went to providing health care and running a business that insures that people can have health care.

fine.

but the money that was spent on health care and the money that was spent on running the business was not all the money that was given to the business to insure health care.

no, some 43 billion dollars went into the pockets of people, most of whom had nothing whatsoever to do with providing healthcare or running a business whose purpose is to make money allowing people to have health care.

43 billion dollars was spent insuring health care that provided health care to no one.

and the people running the business did not provide health care. no, in fact, one of the primary purposes of the people riunning the business was to deny people health care. ya see, if you spend money providing healthcare to people who need health care, you don't get 43 billion dollars in profits.

that there were 43 billion dollars over and above the monies spent providing health care and running the business should tell any thinking human being that the business is not necessary. that 43 billion dollars could go to the people who need health care that the people running the business do not want to provide health care for.

any one that thinks the private, profit based health insurers are preferable to public, nonprofit health insurers simply has to be either insane or incapable of thinking for themselves.

now, instead of americans taking care of themselves and each other... we have provided an enormous boon to these swine. because republicans are afraid of government Of, For and By The People.

geo.

Last edited:

i just plain do not get what it is that republicans and TPers don't get about universal health insurance.

x dollars was spent providing health care to americans in the year before the UHC bill was proposed in the house.

that money went to providing health care and running a business that insures that people can have health care.

fine.

but the money that was spent on health care and the money that was spent on running the business was not all the money that was given to the business to insure health care.

no, some 43 billion dollars went into the pockets of people, most of whom had nothing whatsoever to do with providing healthcare or running a business whose purpose is to make money allowing people to have health care.

43 billion dollars was spent insuring health care that provided health care to no one.

and the people running the business did not provide health care. no, in fact, one of the primary purposes of the people riunning the business was to deny people health care. ya see, if you spend money providing healthcare to people who need health care, you don't get 43 billion dollars in profits.

that there were 43 billion dollars over and above the monies spent providing health care and running the business should tell any thinking human being that the business is not necessary. that 43 billion dollars could go to the people who need health care that the people running the business do not want to provide health care for.

any one that thinks the privatre, profit based health insurers are preferable to public, nonprofit health insurers simply have to be either insane or incapable of thinking for themselves.

now, instead of americans taking care of themselves and each other... we have provided an enormous boon to these swine.

geo.

We're talking about food here man. Think about how many BILLIONS go to line rich coperate pockets instead of feeding hungry people.

Food is even a MORE basic necessity, and if everyone was properly fed, with good wholesome nutrition, think about the long term healthcare savings!

Last edited:

We're talking about food here man. Think about how many BILLIONS go to line rich coperate pockets instead of feeding hungry people.

i never said that profit was evil. i like a little myself now and then. no, profit is not evil, profiteering is, though. you know what a "profiteer" is, dontcha? "one who makes what is considered an unreasonable profit especially on the sale of essential goods during times of emergency"

once upon a time, Kaiser Steel, right down the road form me in Fontana Ca, noticing that illness and injury was negatively inpacting their production, invented Health Insurance for its workers and provided it at very low cost as a 'perk'. It was non-profit, it covered ALL their workers and it was independent of the corporation that created it. it was one of the most significant and under-valued achievements of the 20th century.

then... people saw how they could make some money doing the same thing for others and started health insurance companies themselves. and, strangely, despite all their erstwhile efforts fewer and fewer people could see a doctor instead of more and more. even so, as strange at it may seem, more and more people made more and more money!

they are not necessary and they are not only not necessary they are an obstruction to health care. they are social parasites and should be exterminated.

geo.

Last edited:

oh, and by the way, setting aside the clever sarcasm (no, not really anything so elevated as 'irony') i think we SHOULD in fact be feeding everyone.

geo.

Last edited:

Oh look, an attempt at sarcasm. :coffeepap

i never said that profit was evil. i like a little myself now and then. no, profit is not evil, profiteering is, though. you know what a "profiteer" is, dontcha? "one who makes what is considered an unreasonable profit especially on the sale of essential goods during times of emergency"

once upon a time, Kaiser Steel, right down the road form me in Fontana Ca, noticing that illness and injury was negatively inpacting their production, invented Health Insurance for its workers and provided it at very low cost as a 'perk'. It was non-profit, it covered ALL their workers and it was independant of the corporation that created it. it was one of the most significant and under-valued achievements of the 20th century.

then... people saw how they could make some money doing the same thing for others and started health insurance fompanies themselves. and, strangely, despite all their erstwhile efforts fewer and fewer people could see a doctor instead of more and more. even so, as strange at it may seem, more and more people made more and more money!

they are not necessary and they are not only not necessary they are an obstruction to health care. they are social parasites and should be exterminated.

geo.

Again about Healthcare, what about food? Organic Food is so much better for you, but most people cannot afford good food like that. They are stuck buying non-organic fruits and vegetables. Stuck making choices due to commercials that lead them to make unhealthy choices. It's just wrong.

Oh look, an attempt at sarcasm. :coffeepap

No, the term dear is SATIRE.

There is a difference.

No, the term dear is SATIRE.

There is a difference.

Well you're no Voltaire.

Well you're no Voltaire.

Is that your level? If it ain't Voltaire it's not good enough? How sad a life you live.

Is that your level? If it ain't Voltaire it's not good enough? How sad a life you live.

Its good to have standards.

Its good to have standards.

Unreasonable standards mean you miss many good things because you believe you are too good for such.

Still, the point is, if Gov't were to run Food Distribution, more people would eat better, and hunger would end, is this not a good thing???

Unreasonable standards mean you miss many good things because you believe you are too good for such.

Still, the point is, if Gov't were to run Food Distribution, more people would eat better, and hunger would end, is this not a good thing???

I never said I was too good for it, I just found it lacking.

Trying to use this as a comparison to the health care thing is more than stretching it.

i would have to agree with star... there is no quality that elevates it... there is no literature in it and that is basically what separates it the two.

"yeah... i really WANTED you to step on my foot"... not much difference.

geo.

So if I'm to extrapolate the OP's sarcasm, I'm to conclude he is against food stamps?

I never said I was too good for it, I just found it lacking.

Trying to use this as a comparison to the health care thing is more than stretching it.

No, actually, all I did was take the UHC claims, and use Food as the Crisis. What you don't like is how this exposes the weakness of the UHC argument.

Food comes before healthcare in the patheon of needs.

No, actually, all I did was take the UHC claims, and use Food as the Crisis. What you don't like is how this exposes the weakness of the UHC argument.

Food comes before healthcare in the patheon of needs.

Actually it doesn't. Food and healthcare are two completely different things.
First food is much easier to access than healthcare, much cheaper than healthcare. A life saving sandwich doesn't cost as much as a life saving heart transplant.
Also food is more abundant, that life saving sandwich is alot easier to get than any life saving operation.
We already have a food stamp program for people who are having money problems so they don't have to go hungry. So this proposed program isn't necessary, while people may or may not have money problems they still may not have insurance.
Also even if someone has insurance, and something major medically happens to them, it's not certain that their provider will cover it, or all of it(depends on the plan), and it could lead the person who is sick, and their family to poverty. Why should people go broke because they get sick?
The comparison really just doesn't make sense.

This thread would be a lot more interesting if the OP was interesting in making an honest argument.

Back
Top Bottom