• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We Need Truck Control Legislation

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
We need truck control legislation to keep trucks out of the hands of violent people. It's just way too easy for these people to get trucks. Background checks should be mandatory for anyone wishing to own, buy, rent, or use a truck. Closing the loopholes at truck shows should be a top priority. Congress needs to act now before it is too late but politicians have been bought and paid for by the National Truckers Association.

Probably WAY too soon to admit this, but that thought went through my mind as soon as I saw the reports on CNN.

I didn't feel froggy enough to start a thread on DP about it though.

We need truck control legislation to keep trucks out of the hands of violent people. It's just way too easy for these people to get trucks. Background checks should be mandatory for anyone wishing to own, buy, rent, or use a truck. Closing the loopholes at truck shows should be a top priority. Congress needs to act now before it is too late but politicians have been bought and paid for by the National Truckers Association.

I get it but The big mass shootings like Orlando gets the media fired up and people talking. But just like what I'm going to link you hear, The ones who pay attention and understand what's going on with gun violence in our country knows those are not the majority. They make are only a little piece of the pie. And Orlando took 49 lives and one mass shooting. But approximately that same number of lives were taken that day as well. And that happens on a regular occurrence across our country every day.

How to Think About Guns: A New Freakonomics Radio Podcast - Freakonomics Freakonomics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably WAY too soon to admit this, but that thought went through my mind as soon as I saw the reports on CNN.

You and a zillion other people commenting on Youtube. It's funny how quickly a nonsensical thought can get redundant and old on the internet.

Simple barriers could help keep trucks in their place.

TF6020-001-M.jpg

But no, just like with guns, some will insist that they still be able to manufacture and sell trucks specifically designed to break down barriers, to anyone they please, anonymously.

There is truck control. You have to have a license and register it with the government. I'm sure you didn't mean to have that for guns, but if we follow your analogy...

Same here.

Simple barriers could help keep trucks in their place.

TF6020-001-M.jpg

But no, just like with guns, some will insist that they still be able to manufacture and sell trucks specifically designed to break down barriers, to anyone they please, anonymously.

Holy crap on a cracker - you really gonna put those up in the middle of all the streets where the public gathers occasionally for celebrations? Like Times Square in NYC, or Trade Street in downtown Charlotte, or every other major city in the US, and around the world?

Yep... that'll work out just peachy.

Not to worry the liberals will be working on that next , it's all about control with the libs ! :roll:

"Trucks don't kill people, People kill People" :lamo

and let us not forget to require background checks for anyone purchasing a pressure cooker.

imo, if someone wants to do harm to others, they will find a way. Laws and regulations will not stop them.

It is so very, very sad what happened to those families. My heart goes out to them! As we struggle with the same fears at home, it does bring it back to the reality that guns aren't the problem with regards to terrorism. Terrorists are the problem. And maybe I'll even add that our President is the problem. I hope that the world unites soon!

Well, it didn't take long for the right to start exploiting death

yeah, especially bad since the left NEVER does that when there are gun deaths (usually committed by white people)

Holy crap on a cracker - you really gonna put those up in the middle of all the streets where the public gathers occasionally for celebrations? Like Times Square in NYC, or Trade Street in downtown Charlotte, or every other major city in the US, and around the world?

Yep... that'll work out just peachy.
Why not? They work just fine for stopping trucks. Washington DC has those types of barriers in all the roads surrounding what they think are important buildings. If a threat is detected, a button is pushed, and the barriers pop up right there in the middle of the road.

Don't you think a lot of lives would have been saved in Nice with truck controls like the ones used in DC?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

yeah, especially bad since the left NEVER does that when there are gun deaths (usually committed by white people)

Really. Liberals are the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen.

And when they do, you're one of the first to complain

because it's OK when the right does it

wrong-but you know that. I like to point out that the idiots who blame guns for acts of terrorism are low grade morons

Lightning killed 26 Americans last year, destroy the Earth now!!!

We have truck control legislation. It's called the department of transportation and Homeland and security.

France, maybe not.

We have truck control legislation. It's called the department of transportation and Homeland and security.

France, maybe not.

Wait... The truck had multiple gears... It should be limited to one gear. And it was FAR too large. What civilian requires a truck that size? Trucks should be limited to Ford Ranger size.

Good gawd is there no tragedy gun huggers won't exploit in order to try and qualify their insane firearms obsession :roll:

So do opponents of truck control then argue that everyone owning a truck can prevent some rogue truck-maniac from mowing down lots of people?

And should there be a new constitutional amendment to guarantee the people's right to bear trucks? And does the right to bear trucks also include the automatic right to gas? And is requiring insurance an infringement upon the right to bear trucks? What if trucks are part of someone's religious tradition, like the Quakers?

And should automatic trucks be banned? What does the National Truck Association say?

France, maybe not.

I can already tell who is going to win the debate between you and Ludin. The department of transportation does not do background checks and I don't know what in the hell you mean by Homeland security. We have Homeland security already for gun control so I guess we don't need gun control legislation after all.

Good gawd is there no tragedy gun huggers won't exploit in order to try and qualify their insane firearms obsession :roll:

Actually I'm not a gun hugger. Don't even own one, don't want to. I am not obsessed about firearms possession. Are you telling me that every time there is a shooting that more gun control legislation would have done nothing about that the left doesn't exploit the situation?

I can already tell who is going to win the debate between you and Ludin. The department of transportation does not do background checks and I don't know what in the hell you mean by Homeland security. We have Homeland security already for gun control so I guess we don't need gun control legislation after all.

He's going to lose because the litany of his posts supporting silly restrictions on honest gun owners are all based on lies

Back
Top Bottom