• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We need to understand, Kyiv is likely to be taken by Putin

"Russia is reportedly gearing up to “bombard Ukrainian cities into submission,” which could inflict a staggering number of civilian casualties not seen since WWII."

"Russia is reportedly gearing up to “bombard Ukrainian cities into submission,” which could inflict a staggering number of civilian casualties not seen since WWII."

Its already unthinkable. So are we headed toward more unthinkable? I think media should think before it opens its big mouth. I fail to see what repeating Putin histrionics does to improve the situation.

I do not think that anything is going any differently than Putin planed. I will preface this with saying first that I am shocked what has happened. Now that the invasion has started, I have revisited the situation. Here is what I think will happen. Putin takes Kiev and most of the country except for most of the west. I do not think he plans on taking the west. Too much trouble. So, he takes the capital installs his puppet government. This is why he has not gone all out with his elite troops and equipment. He does not want to destroy Ukraine. He plans on slowly reducing the anger of the people. He does not expect acceptance by the people. He does not care frankly. His puppet government will recognize Crimea as being part of Russia. The Donbass will vote to be part of Russia and Russia will annex it. People in the west will riot and rebel but Putin will not care. He gets more territory, and the rest of Ukraine will be in chaos which will be just fine with Putin.
What I said in February looks to be what will possibly happen.

Back
Top Bottom