• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We need to understand, Kyiv is likely to be taken by Putin

We've had a lot of feel-good surprises, the huge heroism of Ukraine's resistance, Russian blunders and lack of success, the world's political unity against Putin - but unfortunately, none of it changes the likelihood that Putin can defeat Kyiv.

We're likely to see the news become just more and more filled with tragedy, barring some unexpected change in course by Putin.

No big surprise here at all.

Let's get the 41 million Ukrainian refugees (minus the millions going to the EU) transferred to the Great United States. Biden can afford it because he'll tell us it costs ZERO as he says everything else costs.

I haven't watched this but it's about the expected attacks.

I'm guessing what will happen. Now yor turn. What do you think Putin's end game is?

To claim Ukraine and Crimea as part of Russia.

We've had a lot of feel-good surprises, the huge heroism of Ukraine's resistance, Russian blunders and lack of success, the world's political unity against Putin - but unfortunately, none of it changes the likelihood that Putin can defeat Kyiv.

We're likely to see the news become just more and more filled with tragedy, barring some unexpected change in course by Putin.

And the Ukrainians will make him pay for every inch.

Rifles aren't going to stop a 40 mile convoy of tanks.

Rifles aren't going to stop a 40 mile convoy of tanks.
No they aren't but to be honest it is a 40 mile long convoy of trucks carrying soldiers.

No they aren't but to be honest it is a 40 mile long convoy of trucks carrying soldiers.
It's a lot of things. If you saw the Ukranian government building exploded by a cruise missile, you recognize it's not just soldiers.

It's a lot of things. If you saw the Ukranian government building exploded by a cruise missile, you recognize it's not just soldiers.
I did and I believe the missile was launched from Russia.

It does seem Kiev will fall.

Unfortunately the die is cast on that but my god what will it take and what will Putin be willing to do, to get there?

And then, when it does what will it take to hold onto the vast country of Ukraine?

I just don’t see how they can afford it.

I did and I believe the missile was launched from Russia.
Russian%20Tanks.jpg

Yes the Russians have tanks, lots of them not 40 miles of them however. Still 40 miles of trucks carrying soldiers is pretty intense. Kiev is going to fall in a few days. Is Zelinski still in Kiev? Either he leaves the city now before encirclement or he gets killed or captured.

Yes the Russians have tanks, lots of them not 40 miles of them however. Still 40 miles of trucks carrying soldiers is pretty intense. Kiev is going to fall in a few days. Is Zelinski still in Kiev? Either he leaves the city now before encirclement or he gets killed or captured.
I agree. I was being succinct, meaning a convoy including tanks. That is the description reported, 'a convoy of tanks and vehicles'.

This is a world war and we have joined with our allies. We must win.

Which part is not Europe?
It is not a world war.

Yet

It is interesting looking at the map of the war. Russia has control of 30% of the eastern half of Ukraine. Practically nothing in the western half. I think they mean to cut the country in half.

It is interesting looking at the map of the war. Russia has control of 30% of the eastern half of Ukraine. Practically nothing in the western half. I think they mean to cut the country in half.

That worked so well in Germany.

It does seem Kiev will fall.

Unfortunately the die is cast on that but my god what will it take and what will Putin be willing to do, to get there?

And then, when it does what will it take to hold onto the vast country of Ukraine?

I just don’t see how they can afford it.

Once the city has fallen, you pull out the soldiers and cordon off the city. Control the roads going in and out. Use drones to look for people crossing through fields.

The control over food going in will cause the Ukrainian military to try and get rid of the blockade. One a few weeks of no food getting in would see the will to fight drop off. That would prevent a city wide assault and the mass casualties from that, both Russian and Ukrainian.

Putin has shelled cities into dust before, on a smaller scale. Grozny was shelled heavily in the second Chechen war. Pictures showed widespread destruction of that city. He has also likely created false flags in the past, bombing Russian apartment buildings and trying to blame Chechens as a means to gain support for that war, ( either just before he became leader or just after).

Once the military has been destroyed, you don't try to control the country but put in puppets to lead. While Russia controls the food supply and other essentials.

An interview with the former deputy commander of NATO talking about how he has no doubt Russia will take Ukraine (but won't be able to hold it), and how Putin using nuclear weapons is a real danger.

Back
Top Bottom