• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

We Need To Put A Leash On These People

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
With all of the racial tension surrounding the Zimmerman case, I come across this article which gives the transcript that NBC edited of the 911 call
Here’s how NBC News, in a March 27, 2012, broadcast of the “Today” show, abridged the tape of Zimmerman’s comments to a police dispatcher on the evening of Feb. 26, 2012:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

The full tape went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black

Now as you can see, Zimmerman wasn't racial profiling, Zimmerman isn't proven to be racist, Zimmerman, if anything has been 1. the victim of libel and 2. the victim of being called White. When clearly he isn't.

The 1st Amendment protects our freedom of speech and Free Press. I would never seek to violate that. However, this here is worse than shouting fire in a crowded theatre. This should be viewed at the very least as criminal negligence.

We need to put a leash on these people.

Oh, and as a side note, I'd like to point out this was done by the "professional" journalists :)lamo) not bloggers. You know, the people the "professionals" and politicians want to strip of 1st amendment protections, just in case they do, .....oh, I don't know, something like,.....hmmm what NBC and the REST OF THE PRESS just did to George Zimmerman!

Clean yourselves up journalists, you're really looking pathetic...

I just hope a judge some where makes them pay for their selective editing. It is my understanding some were fired, but they probably work at MSNBC now.

Back
Top Bottom