• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We Need to Increase Minimum Voting Age to 25

Because from what I can see here at DP it’s pretty much a screwed up immature demographic who thinks America is all about them.

It’s not. But that didn’t stop the adolescents from voting for Biden. Being a little more mature might result in less foolish votes thus avoiding dumpster fires like Biden.

Increase voting age to at least 25.

View attachment 67377227
Nope-----it was moronic adults that voted Trump. Stupid knows no age

Actually the trend is in the opposite direction.

Here in Los Angeles, some people want students (under 18) to vote for at least the Board of Education.

Students, these activists feel, should have a say in who runs the schools.

And more and more cities are allowing non-citizens to vote in "local" elections.

Even an idiot like me realizes that soon almost all cities will allow this.

And then non-citizens will be allowed to vote in state elections.

And then non-citizens will be allowed to vote for President.

Because from what I can see here at DP it’s pretty much a screwed up immature demographic who thinks America is all about them.
Also make the maximum voting age 60, seniors also - even moreso, in fact - being a "screwed up immature demographic who thinks America is all about them." At least the younger folk know they're voting for their future, the old farts don't give a damn what they're leaving behind; too many of them still think that Jesus will swoop down and pick them up if they lock up enough homosexuals.

We should end the right to vote at 65. You shouldn't be deciding long-term paths of this country when you're not going to be here to see the results.

Peter:

It beats Rounders, Cricket and Rugby League, hands down! ;)

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Baseball is rounders for grown-ups.
Cricket has an odd reputation in the US and is seen as complicated when in reality it's way less complicated than US Football which is why cricket is so popular in India as it's simple and doesn't require much gear.
I don't really know much about rugby league so I'll give you that one.

We should end the right to vote at 65. You shouldn't be deciding long-term paths of this country when you're not going to be here to see the results.
At 65 one could easily have another 20 years if not more.

Cricket has an odd reputation in the US and is seen as complicated when in reality it's way less complicated than US Football which is why cricket is so popular in India as it's simple and doesn't require much gear.
I don't know much about any of those, but this cup game going on right now at Wembley has been both frustrating and fascinating at the same time.

It’s not. But that didn’t stop the adolescents from voting for Biden. Being a little more mature might result in less foolish votes thus avoiding dumpster fires like Biden.

LMAO using hilarious failed unamerican, anti-rights and anti-freedom retard logic like that, you should also be against THESE groups because of the percentages they voted for President Biden also:

18-29 60% (3rd most*)
30-44 52% (3rd most*)
Independents 54% (4th most*)
Moderates 64% (1st most*)

*since 1980 exit polls
😁🍿

What’s your definition of long term given that the average 65 year old will live at least 20 more years?

LMAO using hilarious failed unamerican, anti-rights and anti-freedom retard logic like that, you should also be against THESE groups because of the percentages they voted for President Biden also:

18-29 60% (3rd most*)
30-44 52% (3rd most*)
Independents 54% (4th most*)
Moderates 64% (1st most*)

*since 1980 exit polls
😁🍿

Oh yeah I forgot women at 57% (2nd most)
😂🤣

Actually the trend is in the opposite direction.

Here in Los Angeles, some people want students (under 18) to vote for at least the Board of Education.

Students, these activists feel, should have a say in who runs the schools.

And more and more cities are allowing non-citizens to vote in "local" elections.

Even an idiot like me realizes that soon almost all cities will allow this.

And then non-citizens will be allowed to vote in state elections.

And then non-citizens will be allowed to vote for President.
Another ignorant/asinine slippery slope post. 🙄

View attachment 67377227
So, what would have been the alternative, let these people
re-elect trump?

34768122-8874375-A_Trump_supporter_dances_in_the_crowd-a-46_1603508249634.jpg

GettyImages-1294949455.jpg

View attachment 67377227

LMAO. Sounds like something a boomer would say but whatever.

shake fist at cloud.gif

What’s your definition of long term given that the average 65 year old will live at least 20 more years?

Ask your grandchildren.

The idiot Kamala told a young girl when asked if the voting age should be lowered to 18 said "We need to have a conversation about that!~" She panders to everyone. The left loves the young and dumb who are on full display here at DP, as you said.
How is that pandering?

Peter:

I played all three when I was a fourth form and lower-fifth form student in Bristol. Rounders was silly, Cricket was boring for two days each other weekend and Rugby League was wimpy when compared to the more rough and tumble Rugby Union. American baseball is more interesting to watch than to play in my opinion but is far more enjoyable than out fielding in a Cricket game.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I remember when the age was lowered, 1971, during the Vietnam war,

If you're old enough to carry a gun ( old enough to serve in the military) you're old enough to vote.

Surely you remember too?
Things have changed

View attachment 67377227
Given the number of idiots that voted for FauxJoe we ought to raise the minimum IQ for voting to 25.

Actually we should keep anti Americans like you from voting, but unlike people like you, I value our Constitution and this country. You should probably leave since you hate it so much.
🖕🏽

View attachment 67377227

I counter your wacky number unjustified by any logic, argument, or sense with my own wacky number.

No one should be allowed to vote until they reach the age of 165.

I'm not for 25 as minimum age, but if they don't put everything at the legal age at 18, make voting at 21.

I counter your wacky number unjustified by any logic, argument, or sense with my own wacky number.

No one should be allowed to vote until they reach the age of 165.
Or we can just do nobody can vote after 50 if we are just putting arbitrary ages on things.

They can’t wear sandals with socks either

Back
Top Bottom