• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We need people like Chris Christie in Washington

Christie is ok. What we need in this country is leadership. True, honest, sincere leadership. Regardless of it's Democratic or Republican. I want someone in office that I think is worried about the people more than poll numbers and reelection.

I wish this man would run for president.

Eyeblast.tv

If the election was today and he was running, he'd have my vote.

I can't watch video, but I can guess that I would agree with him.

At least I hope he didn't come off as a jerk and you were being funny.

Christie is ok. What we need in this country is leadership. True, honest, sincere leadership. Regardless of it's Democratic or Republican. I want someone in office that I think is worried about the people more than poll numbers and reelection.

Yes, that damned Obama just keeps doing the popular thing.

I do think Obama cares a bit too much about how he is percieved. He seems to want to be liked when it just ain't happening. The right is gonna hate him even if he abolishes taxes, outlaws abortion and mandates everyone in America own a gun. Just lead man. Popularity be damned.

In bold is the key, representatives need to serve us and not special interests and just lay it all on the line. If a rep is too worried about reelection they will never do anything to solve the problems facing this country and will just add to the mess. These men and women need to make their cases and tough decisions to get things on the right path. Good analysis.

Last edited:
I do think Obama cares a bit too much about how he is percieved. He seems to want to be liked when it just ain't happening. The right is gonna hate him even if he abolishes taxes, outlaws abortion and mandates everyone in America own a gun. Just lead man. Popularity be damned.
If Obama got real tax reform that helped people to advance and created budgetary solvency I'd be on board. I want abortion to be remanded to the states as I don't think the federal has the proper constitutional power to make those decisions so I'm not for legalization or banning the practice. I want gun rights to be left alone, so I don't want a federal ownership mandate as much as I don't want overreaching gun policy.

Is this the same Chris Christie who decried public pensions, but made sure to lock in his own?

Or is this the same Chris Christie whose administration is so incompetent, it couldn't figure out how to apply properly for Federal education funding (oops!). Then again, he'd have us believe it was an "accident," despite comments prior to application that he wasn't even sure NJ would accept it in the first place. What a coincidence. He contemplated not accepting it, and then whattayaknow, NJ makes and "error" in application, and thus gets no funding. Geewhiz. How convenient.

Christie is a lot of hype, but low on competence. And he has a strange form of doubletalk. He promotes education as the top priority, and then radically cuts education funding. He then sarcastically noted at the Monmouth University Graduation that all the teachers who now cannot get jobs can simply go "do something else, because life is a journey full of opportunities."

Yea, okay, Mr. Jellyroll. I wish I had your cushy job with its enormous benefits package so I can run around telling peopole they should waste another 5 years of their life because you have a hard-on for teachers.

He then proposed to reduce taxes, but he's not actually doing that at all. He's shoving the burden onto local municipal government, which raises taxes or simply cuts services. Now formerly enthusiastic parents, who were part of the tax cut brigade, are all up in arms about lost programmes, teachers and the fact that they need to stay home with the kids and cannot benefit from state sponsored after school babysitting (clubs).

In fact, his leadership is so bad, NJ is forced to close down public libraries due to lack of state funds. He's turing NJ into West Virginia, and that's hard to beat.

If the Goldman Sachs Democrat Executive we had was bad (and he was), Jabba da'Christie is worse.

Now, I actually agreed with some of his proposals for education, such as a cut in benefits and a pay freeze, and think the unions were being unreasonable, but I don't agree with his overall anti-education, anti-public sector agenda. He's almost as bad a menace and a fraud as Whitman.

Last edited:
*If the above is correct then I cannot support him. You have to not only talk a big game, but you must support it with actions. I would need to do more research on this guy.

Last edited:
Unfortunately - our political system is set up as a popularity contest of sorts.

They believed that having a 'popularity contest' would force our politicians to keep us *always* in mind and give us the power to hold them accountable.

*If the above is correct then I cannot support him. You have to not only talk a big game, but you must support it with actions. I would need to do more research on this guy.

That's nothing but liberal clap-trap from someone pretending to be a conservative. Christie rocks!

Christie rocks, that other poster is obviously from the teachers union. :lol:

No, and Christie really is bad. What I said was true.

1. Taxes will not go down. State funding is cut, which means local governments need to take up the slack or you simply lose educational programmes and teachers. He's doing almost nothing about the administrators, who make far more than several teachers, as well.

2. He actually did say what I said he did at the M.U. Graduation.

3. His administration did indeed flub up applying for federal education funds.

4. His administration did debate whether to accept it in the first place prior to congressional appropriation of the funds.

5. Camden County lost so many education funds from the state, it has begun shutting down the public library system. (True)

5. Even among school districts that accepted Jabba's pay freeze and benefits cut, they still lost teachers and programmes parents are now whining about (Mansfield District, Northern Burlington Regional for example).

Now, Christie will soon target other services. NJ already destroyed the DMV, so I wonder what is next. You praise him as he pretends to cut your taxes, because that's feel good, but actually just cuts your services and funding to education, transportation, public health initiatives, etc.

What he's doing is trying to destroy the public sector and encourage mass privatization. And you will not like in it the end. In fact, people already don't like it. His approval rating has fluctuated from 33-51%. Not that good for someone pretending to represent the whole state's interests.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_36/b4193068424504.htm

According to businessweek, parents are waking up to reality of Christimania, as are taxpayers in Monmouth County, who rate in a D to F on tax issues. All they experience are losses to funds and services, and they don't like it. It's actually hilarious how angry people are getting, and will get once the honeymoon is over. Newark can't even afford Christmas decorations this year, and gee, Christians aren't going to like that.

When he starts cutting OTHER programmes for the middle class, the will be hanged by his flabby feet.

Last edited:

:roll:

All of the ways that it's possible to track "popularity" concerning what Obama has done say you're wrong, wrong, wrong, sooooo wrong.

N
Now, Christie will soon target other services. NJ already destroyed the DMV, so I wonder what is next. .

Really?

The DMV used to be abhorrent and miserable, it is now simply annoying. :lamo

You harp on a clerical error, you are yammering about christie but if it was a simple clerical error, wouldn't the Obama administration make the adjustment or are they punishing us for voting for Christie.

Corzine is that you? :lamo

Is this the same Chris Christie who decried public pensions, but made sure to lock in his own?

Or is this the same Chris Christie whose administration is so incompetent, it couldn't figure out how to apply properly for Federal education funding (oops!). Then again, he'd have us believe it was an "accident," despite comments prior to application that he wasn't even sure NJ would accept it in the first place. What a coincidence. He contemplated not accepting it, and then whattayaknow, NJ makes and "error" in application, and thus gets no funding. Geewhiz. How convenient.

Christie is a lot of hype, but low on competence. And he has a strange form of doubletalk. He promotes education as the top priority, and then radically cuts education funding. He then sarcastically noted at the Monmouth University Graduation that all the teachers who now cannot get jobs can simply go "do something else, because life is a journey full of opportunities."

Yea, okay, Mr. Jellyroll. I wish I had your cushy job with its enormous benefits package so I can run around telling peopole they should waste another 5 years of their life because you have a hard-on for teachers.

He then proposed to reduce taxes, but he's not actually doing that at all. He's shoving the burden onto local municipal government, which raises taxes or simply cuts services. Now formerly enthusiastic parents, who were part of the tax cut brigade, are all up in arms about lost programmes, teachers and the fact that they need to stay home with the kids and cannot benefit from state sponsored after school babysitting (clubs).

In fact, his leadership is so bad, NJ is forced to close down public libraries due to lack of state funds. He's turing NJ into West Virginia, and that's hard to beat.

If the Goldman Sachs Democrat Executive we had was bad (and he was), Jabba da'Christie is worse.

Now, I actually agreed with some of his proposals for education, such as a cut in benefits and a pay freeze, and think the unions were being unreasonable, but I don't agree with his overall anti-education, anti-public sector agenda. He's almost as bad a menace and a fraud as Whitman.
'

Not to sidetrack you or anything, but could you name a few Republicans you find are worth the effort? It helps me understand your POV.

Watch the video, and it answers all the questions about education funding. As for the loss of funding due to that clerical error, he fired the person responsible immediately because that person lied.

And would you please take the "conservative" off your lean. You are no more conservative than I am the Easter Bunny.

Back
Top Bottom