• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We need more of this......

WI Crippler

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Obese Boy Scouts left out of national gathering - U.S. News

Those applicants whose BMI was greater than 40.0 were not allowed to participate. Jamboree medical staff had to review all applicants in the 32.0-39.9 range, including checking their health history and the recommendation of the individual’s medical provider.

I'm glad the Boy scouts are drawing a line in the sand here. while I am not a huge fan of BMI scales, over 40 is beyond just being husky or big boned. It's fat...and it's about time someone quit tolerating obesity as though it's just a simple lifestyle choice we must all accept...the younger we get kids to adopt healthier lifestyles, the better IMO.

Obese Boy Scouts left out of national gathering - U.S. News

I'm glad the Boy scouts are drawing a line in the sand here. while I am not a huge fan of BMI scales, over 40 is beyond just being husky or big boned. It's fat...and it's about time someone quit tolerating obesity as though it's just a simple lifestyle choice we must all accept...the younger we get kids to adopt healthier lifestyles, the better IMO.

Wow, just wow......

Anyone that gets upset about this needs to grow a pair. They told people YEARS in advance what the requirements would be so anyone who wanted to attend had to start shedding some pounds. How can that be a bad thing?

Back
Top Bottom