• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

we need a Fair Election - 2006

changintimes

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
i was thinking maybe we should try to republican voters understand, yes, there must be a way this is not a catch 22, make them understand they need to be interested in good voting in order to be good americans, it is not a partisan issue, do not let ANYBODY change our minds about good voting systems,

we need to communicate the non partisan importance of this in online forums, blogs, and everywhere else, we need to make it the buzz,

maybe this is possible, if so, we may at least get a good voting system that the people insisted on, we need to make good voting the main issue of the country,

it's not about who wins the elections, it's not a partisan issue and it's not something we vote on, and this is something we insist on,

we can write fox silly about this, we need to get republican people support, not republican politician support,

i know it sounds like a stretch in ways, but if all the democrats got together on this with a non partisan message, i think this cause may be effective,

it's all about a non partisan message,

There weren't any serious problems in the 2004 election (as you are clearly implying), and by claiming so you undercut the credibility of those who see the legitimate problems with the 2000 election.

What could possibly happen in 2006 (other than your candidates winning, of course) to make you believe that the election was fair? No voting irregularities at all in a nation of 300 million people?

changintimes said:
i was thinking maybe we should try to republican voters understand, yes, there must be a way this is not a catch 22, make them understand they need to be interested in good voting in order to be good americans, it is not a partisan issue, do not let ANYBODY change our minds about good voting systems,

we need to communicate the non partisan importance of this in online forums, blogs, and everywhere else, we need to make it the buzz,

maybe this is possible, if so, we may at least get a good voting system that the people insisted on, we need to make good voting the main issue of the country,

it's not about who wins the elections, it's not a partisan issue and it's not something we vote on, and this is something we insist on,

we can write fox silly about this, we need to get republican people support, not republican politician support,

i know it sounds like a stretch in ways, but if all the democrats got together on this with a non partisan message, i think this cause may be effective,

it's all about a non partisan message,

It would be great if you were touting this issue in a non-partisan way, but you aren't.

The title of this thread implies that the last election was rigged. If you wanted to be non-partisan you should have said "Higher Election Standards".

Dems lost, something they have been extremely good at lately. If you don't like it maybe you should get your leaders to persue an agenda that is more centrist and less radical.

FreeThinker said:
Dems lost, something they have been extremely good at lately. If you don't like it maybe you should get your leaders to persue an agenda that is more centrist and less radical.

Well when the republican president has approval ratings of under 40, then you should realize that he and his party are doing something wrong. Maybe it has to do with the blatent disregard that the Bush administration has for the lives of our troops. Maybe it's the fact that we currently have the largest national debt in our history. Maybe it's the fact that Social Security is in the dumpster and the war going to cost over 2 trillion dollars.

When this happens people tend to shift their votes to the party that opposes it. I know it doesn't make sense to the Nationalists in here, but thats what tends to happen.

BTW That's got to be the most retarded political cartoon I've ever seen. Not only because you portray the Fox News idea of the election being a success, which it isn't because I still here about insurgents killing and car bombs blowing more and more and the fact that Sunnis are more mad than ever, but also because the Iraq election had nothing to do with the Democrats. They like every sane person in this nation are happy that there was an election but now think that maybe this crazy thing called an exit strategy, just in case people don't want us there and start killing Americans, is formed and able to be put in effect

Che said:
Well when the republican president has approval ratings of under 40, then you should realize that he and his party are doing something wrong. Maybe it has to do with the blatent disregard that the Bush administration has for the lives of our troops. Maybe it's the fact that we currently have the largest national debt in our history. Maybe it's the fact that Social Security is in the dumpster and the war going to cost over 2 trillion dollars.

When this happens people tend to shift their votes to the party that opposes it. I know it doesn't make sense to the Nationalists in here, but thats what tends to happen.

BTW That's got to be the most retarded political cartoon I've ever seen. Not only because you portray the Fox News idea of the election being a success, which it isn't because I still here about insurgents killing and car bombs blowing more and more and the fact that Sunnis are more mad than ever, but also because the Iraq election had nothing to do with the Democrats. They like every sane person in this nation are happy that there was an election but now think that maybe this crazy thing called an exit strategy, just in case people don't want us there and start killing Americans, is formed and able to be put in effect

And maybe you should realize that the cycle of public opinion is almost never in the president's favor during the middle of his second term?

Disregard for the lives of troops? How about disregard for the safety of the American people. Clinton was wonderful at that. All he ever did to reenforce national security was blow up an asprin factory and run away from a 3rd world **** hole like Somalia. Last I checked we had an all volunteer military, and I'm glad we are using them.

Social security? Bush tried to fix it by letting people invest their social security money back into the economy so it wasn't just sitting stagnant. Money doesn't help anyone when it isn't invested. Investment = growth. Read a book.

Democrats are the ones that blocked social security reform btw.

National debt? I blame the countless redundant welfare type programs that lazy people use and abuse to live free and well without having to do anything. Another democrat initiative.

Also about the cartoon, I'm glad it was smart enough to **** a left wing wacko like you off. I'll keep it up a bit longer.

changintimes said:

Well how about starting with the Dems and maybe trying to make them understand that slashing the tires of Republican get out the vote vans is not exactly the making of a "Fair Election" or liberal college students voting over and over and over and over is not an exactly "Fair Election" or a Democrat Judge ordering a Democrat polling place to stay open for hours after all the other polls have close is not exactly a "Fair Election".

I think you should focus your energies on the Democrat side and get them to clean up their election pracitices.

I'm lauging and crying here.

The man started a topic, bias, admittedly, but with the right idea; that we need to cooperate bipartisanly this year for elections to run smoothly.

May the best candidate...no, scratch that. May the candidate with the most votes win.

But after I see that, I see you all come in here and say, "Ha! **** you! Clean up your own practices, why don't ya!"

The guy wanted bipartisan practices, and you threw it back in his face.

I think that's a little low of all of you. I don't care what party you're from, either.

BTW, I like that political cartoon FreeThinker.

Anyways, yes, we need a fair election in 2006. I think everyone would agree with this except the true crazies on both sides who want it rigged in their favor.

At least, I'd hope that most everyone wants a fair election, but all the replies on here are saying that "if you want a fair election, you're a crazed liberal", kind of bring my hopes down.

A fair and honest election would be a super idea! Aint gonna happen. Dump the touch voting,motor voter garbage and have the ole fashion ballots. Without a paper trail corruption abounds. The past election was proof of that even if you swear it was "honest".

Mickeytrout11 said:
I'm lauging and crying here.

The man started a topic, bias, admittedly, but with the right idea; that we need to cooperate bipartisanly this year for elections to run smoothly.

The only reason they haven't run smoothly is due to Democrat tactics to steal them. Gore trying to steal it in FL. Torricelli pulling out and a Judge negating the vote of the people and the election rules and putting Latuenberg on the ballot. And all the vote fraud the Dems engaged in. If you read the orginal post the poster clearly was insinuating that Republicans are the ones who need to clean up their act.

Originally Posted by changintimes

I think he would do well to start in his own house. If the Dems would just follow the rules our elections would be just fine.

The only reason they haven't run smoothly is due to Democrat tactics to steal them. Gore trying to steal it in FL. Torricelli pulling out and a Judge negating the vote of the people and the election rules and putting Latuenberg on the ballot. And all the vote fraud the Dems engaged in. If you read the orginal post the poster clearly was insinuating that Republicans are the ones who need to clean up their act.

"Gore trying to steal it in FL?"

Excuse me?

Were you paying attention six years ago when people whos names were spelled similarly to felons were not allowed to vote in FL? Or the racial inequity in polling stations in FL? I'll be the first to say that Democrats are not completely un-corrupt, but stating that Gore was trying to steal the FL election is like saying Hillary Clinton was trying to overturn Roe v. Wade. It's just completely false.

"And all the vote fraud the Dems are engaged in"

Such as? Way to cite an example, other than one judge.

Now, yes, the original poster was insinuating the Repubs needed to clean up their act. But who has the power? Who can write legislation? Who can sign legislation? And who can enforce that legislation? All the power is in the right's court. And they ... you ... have not been trying very hard to create new laws to ensure that every vote counts, and every vote counts once.

Mickeytrout11 said:
"Gore trying to steal it in FL?"

Excuse me?

You're excused.

Were you paying attention six years ago.............

Yes an no massive or even slight voter disfrancisement was ever found, just baseless allegations. But Gore who tried to get a court to disguard the certified election, trying to steal it by having Democrat poll workers devine votes, lost every issue he took to court.

"And all the vote fraud the Dems are engaged in"

Such as? Way to cite an example, other than one judge.

Well I already cited New Jersey and the Judge in St. Louis who kept the polls open illegally.
Sure the tire slashing convictions two weeks ago.

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- The sons of a first-term congresswoman and Milwaukee's former acting mayor were among five Democratic activists charged Monday with slashing the tires of vans rented by Republicans to drive voters and monitors to the polls on Election Day.

Sowande Omokunde, son of Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., and Michael Pratt, the son of former Milwaukee acting mayor Marvin Pratt, were among those charged with criminal damage to property, a felony that carries a maximum punishment of 3 1/2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The activists are accused of flattening the tires on 25 vehicles rented by the state Republican Party to get out the vote and deliver poll watchers November 2.

Now, yes, the original poster was insinuating the Repubs needed to clean up their act. But who has the power? Who can write legislation? Who can sign legislation? And who can enforce that legislation? All the power is in the right's court. And they ... you ... have not been trying very hard to create new laws to ensure that every vote counts, and every vote counts once.

It isn't about legislation. I'm more concerned about every voter only counting once and those that are dead or disqualified not voting at all. I'm more interested in the Dems acting according to the law and not getting judges to simply dismiss it as they did the the Torricelli case I cited.

And who's campaigned got fined $35,000 two weeks ago for illegal campaign fund raising? Mrs. Bill Clinton.

Stinger said:
Yes an no massive or even slight voter disfrancisement was ever found, just baseless allegations. But Gore who tried to get a court to disguard the certified election, trying to steal it by having Democrat poll workers devine votes, lost every issue he took to court.

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- The sons of a first-term congresswoman and Milwaukee's former acting mayor were among five Democratic activists charged Monday with slashing the tires of vans rented by Republicans to drive voters and monitors to the polls on Election Day.

Sowande Omokunde, son of Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., and Michael Pratt, the son of former Milwaukee acting mayor Marvin Pratt, were among those charged with criminal damage to property, a felony that carries a maximum punishment of 3 1/2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The activists are accused of flattening the tires on 25 vehicles rented by the state Republican Party to get out the vote and deliver poll watchers November 2.

These were something like 3 democrats stopping 25 cars of voters. I believe that countless studies which prove that Gore won Florida are much more important

Che said:
These were something like 3 democrats stopping 25 cars of voters.

Nope, it was 25 vans that were to be used the next day to transport the poor, elderly and handicapped ALL DAY to the polls. And there were five including two quite prominent ones. And that was just ONE of the examples I cited.

I believe that countless studies which prove that Gore won Florida are much more important.

:rofl yea they are countless, as in you can't count any. The ONLY count that matters is the properly and legally certified result. Gore NEVER proved and tabulation errors and never had grounds for his attempt to get his hands on the ballots.

Hey, hey, alright, say what you want.

Undisputable fact is, Gore had more votes than Bush.

Mickeytrout11 said:
Hey, hey, alright, say what you want.

Undisputable fact is, Gore had more votes than Bush.
Nationally he had more votes but then that's a completely moot point. The states elect the president no the individual citizens so a popular vote while interesting is moot. If you want to be president you have to win enough STATES not votes. That's why a few states can become more important than others and what makes our elections so unique. So the fact that Gore got a few more votes in the national vote tally is meaningless to the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom