• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We members of the LBGTQ community are definitely more powerful than I realized.

btthegreat

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-ukraine-s-gay-pride/ar-AAUKjc6?ocid=msedgntp
I had no idea that our membership in Ukraine ( roughly 2 million people (5% of 43,466,819 Ukrainians) could actually start a war in Eastern Europe. If we can do it there, you know we can do it elsewhere! I suggest you straights learn the art of appeasement. We can target other nuclear powers next!

China and India!!!

The transgender brigade would have self-casualty rates of 41%

They wouldn't have such a rate if they weren't treated so poorly by bigots.
no, they are mentally ill. That's why. Blacks were treated poorly and they never had that suicide rate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...-ukraine-s-gay-pride/ar-AAUKjc6?ocid=msedgntp
I had no idea that our membership in Ukraine ( roughly 2 million people (5% of 43,466,819 Ukrainians) could actually start a war in Eastern Europe. If we can do it there, you know we can do it elsewhere! I suggest you straights learn the art of appeasement. We can target other nuclear powers next!

China and India!!!

The Pink $ is actually real, that is our biggest weapon, no pun intended 😉

I don't need a 'welcome mat' thanks. I was born with a membership card and it never needs a renewal.
You could use a "stop posting stupid shit" mat more... that is for sure.

They wouldn't have such a rate if they weren't treated so poorly by bigots.
Insulting bigots is treating them poorly and might lead to a higher suicide rate...

no, they are mentally ill. That's why. Blacks were treated poorly and they never had that suicide rate.
Do you actually want to know what distinguished the experience of gays, lesbians and transgender from racial, ethnic, or religious discrimination so dramatically that those suicide, and other forms of self- harm might be more pervasive? The answer is really rather simple , obvious, and logical but it is not worth it to me to type it, if you are a homophobe or transphobe who's locked into your mental illness premise.

You have to be willing to learn.

Do you actually want to know what distinguished the experience of gays, lesbians and transgender from racial, ethnic, or religious discrimination so dramatically that those suicide, and other forms of self- harm might be more pervasive?

The 40% suicide rate is way inflated. But, I believe it is likely due to the comorvidities, no? Depression, ptsd etc. For example, if you compare the suicide rates between trans and non-trans depressed individuals, suicide rates are similar.

The 40% suicide rate is way inflated. But, I believe it is likely due to the comorvidities, no? Depression, ptsd etc. For example, if you compare the suicide rates between trans and non-trans depressed individuals, suicide rates are similar.
I am not arguing stats here. I am explaining something unique to the gay experience that differed in impact dramatically from other sorts of marginalization and discrimination such as racism, ethnicism or religious bigotry. Its the only form of hatred without its own built-in anti-bodies and immunization system for protection.. A black kid is born to black parents, with black siblings, black grandparents, often in a black neighborhood or with black schoolmates etc. The same is true if you are Hispanic or Jewish, or a woman etc. The role models and allies are right there beside you in your family , the mentors to teach you how to be 'black' in a white dominated world are sitting at your dinner table, or in your pews, or at your work. You see them when you are five, or 8 or 12 years old, and you know who's advise to ask when those slurs come around, and there is normally somebody who understands the community you were born into and how to navigate the larger world.

What was unique about the gay /trans experience in a straight or cisgender world was the complete isolation. When you were young and queer, you could not find anyone like you as a kid or a teen and you were often surrounded by nothing but the negative stereotypes and labels day after day from the day you realize that the label 'gay' or 'queer' means is about you.

The bigots get one hell of a head start inside your head - long before you find anyone to balance all that propaganda and their side may well have included your own loved ones, protectors, friends, and support system.

That may explain that suicide rate being higher despite the fact their ancestors were not enslaved, or were not refugees driven from one pogrom in Europe to another or another.

Last edited:
Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness. It is a term referring to psychological distress that occurs when a person's expected gender expression doesn't match their internal gender identity. The reason suicide rates are unusually high for the transgender is the same as the reason suicide rates for people suffering from depression is unusually high: They both involve a great deal of psychological distress. Fortunately, those with gender dysphoria can be helped with treatments affirming their internal gender identity.

Gender dysphoria is not a mental illness. It is a term referring to psychological distress that occurs when a person's expected gender expression doesn't match their internal gender identity. The reason suicide rates are unusually high for the transgender is the same as the reason suicide rates for people suffering from depression is unusually high: They both involve a great deal of psychological distress. Fortunately, those with gender dysphoria can be helped with treatments affirming their internal gender identity.
Well actually it is in the DSM 5 as a mental illness and can be used by insurance for treatment of mental illness.

Show the exact text in DSM-5 that proves that gender dysporia is a "mental illness" as you claim.
The DSM 5 is the list of all accepted mental illnesses. It's how insurance companies agree to pay for treatment.

It does not nean you are a bad person to have a mental illness and it certainly can be treated

Back
Top Bottom