• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We made it!

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Through the summer heat!
I woke up - the house was 60 - we're all wearing jackets and pants. :rofl We're so use to the heat the second it's gone * a little* we freeze!

(we don't have AC in our house - 1/2 way through the summer I bought a small portable indoor AC unit that barely kept the living room at 94 when it was 110 outside. . . the average temp in the house during the entire summer (from May - August) was 85 - a few times it would dip down to 75 indoors overnight.

We got a little use to it - 80/82 was reasonable indoor temp at which we could all do the usual around-the-house stuff without sweating.

After a while I guess you just get use to it.

But it did suck in the end - it got *hot* in July (over 98 and humid) and never really stopped beign *hot* . . . until this week.

Aunt Spiker! Yikes... I remember when I was first married, we had no AC and it was horrible. I can certainly empathesize with having to live in a virtual sweatbox all summer long. I'm glad that the summer has finally 'broken' there and that your family gets some much needed and deserved relief! :)

Back
Top Bottom