• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We have to take this stuff seriously, as seriously as you are because you have been forced to take this seriously - Wise words indeed.

Such as? Your friends and fellow citizens died because COWARDS can't face the truth about guns?
do you have to do that? It's not cowards, we have a different point of view. We do not see guns as the focal nexus of solving the problem. Calling us cowards isn't useful or honest.

People died because the system failed, had this lunatic not had access to guns.. a truck into the parade would have been equally effective.

do you have to do that? It's not cowards, we have a different point of view. We do not see guns as the focal nexus of solving the problem. Calling us cowards isn't useful or honest.

People died because the system failed, had this lunatic not had access to guns.. a truck into the parade would have been equally effective.

The system did not fail at all... He was allowed under current law to purchase those weapons.. The system worked AS DESIGNED...

Amen.

She is a Democrat, so wise words indeed. Wise.

Sure. It would be wise for you to heed it. Do YOU take such a events seriously? Or do you just use it to make fun and be try to be cute?

The system did not fail at all... He was allowed under current law to purchase those weapons.. The system worked AS DESIGNED...
The system, being society as a whole failed him. The police were there and took weapons from him not that long ago... He had mental health problems and NOTHING happened to help him or hinder his gun stuff...

That system is some of the strictest in gun laws around the country...

Sure. It would be wise for you to heed it. Do YOU take such a events seriously? Or do you just use it to make fun and be try to be cute?
Word Salad Lady giving a speech is never something to take seriously. I could spend all day posting her brain numbing word salads.

The reason she was there, yes is serious, she is not a serious person.

The police failed to flag this kid as a danger after TAKING LETHAL WEAPONS FROM HIM, his family did not notice his problems, social media ignored his obvious issues.

The least of the issues was "he used guns". That's an unserious view of the problem.

The system, being society as a whole failed him. The police were there and took weapons from him not that long ago... He had mental health problems and NOTHING happened to help him or hinder his gun stuff...

That system is some of the strictest in gun laws around the country...

What laws did he break before he pulled the trigger at the parade?

Word Salad Lady giving a speech is never something to take seriously. I could spend all day posting her brain numbing word salads.

The reason she was there, yes is serious, she is not a serious person.

The police failed to flag this kid as a danger after TAKING LETHAL WEAPONS FROM HIM, his family did not notice his problems, social media ignored his obvious issues.

The least of the issues was "he used guns". That's an unserious view of the problem.

So if the tools don’t matter, you must have no problems with the Iranians getting nukes. Because, after all, nukes don’t kill people. People kill people, right?

So if the tools don’t matter, you must have no problems with the Iranians getting nukes. Because, after all, nukes don’t kill people. People kill people, right?
I see why you admire Harris... talk about a nonsensical and unserious response.

Should they send Wayne LaPierre to lecture them about their constitutional rights? Or maybe Ted Cruz to lecture them about the dangers of unsecured ladders?
No, obviously what they need are more thoughts and prayers. Come on, man, you know this!

More MAGA sour grapes. Still reeling from the humiliating defeat of their cult demigod. No viable answers. No pertainent upcoming legislation. Just whinging, whining, complaining and grievance's. Pointing fingers. Distributing blame. It's become the extent of the GOP value.

I don't care for Harris but I'm not getting the problem with what she said. When a community is attacked they are in fact forced by that reality to take gun violence seriously.

We shouldn't take it serious?

I don't care for Harris but I'm not getting the problem with what she said. When a community is attacked they are in fact forced by that reality to take gun violence seriously.
I think what people like to take jabs at is her awkward delivery at times. Her point is obviously valid but sometimes the words come out like it’s Michael Scott talking. Again, her point is valid, she’s just no Barrack Obama when it comes to oration.

Should they not take the deaths seriously? Do you disagree with her that the nation needs to have empathy? That this can happen anywhere?
I'm guessing she (poster) thinks Americans have the right to slaughter people with high powered/high capacity weapons in this country if they want to.

I'm guessing she (poster) thinks Americans have the right to slaughter people with high powered/high capacity weapons in this country if they want to.

They are scared shitless people will get tired of all this kind of killings...

Do you have anything at all to say?

This is your thread you know.

Good grief. What a godawful lazy post.
Nothing lazy about it at all, the thread is working as intended.

Ohh so wrong, so so very wrong. No wonder you heard the VP speak and thought "woah she is smarterest!"

She would benefit from a strong speech writer. But she's hardly alone.

View attachment 67400393
The problem is that it doesn't matter. Just look at Obama. You can love him or hate him, but every reasonable person should admit that he gave amazing speaches. But the right wing nutjobs still boiled it down to "well he used a teleprompter" or "He said 'uh' alot lolz".

Truth is secondary to these nitwits.

I see why you admire Harris... talk about a nonsensical and unserious response.
Why is it nonsensical? This whole debate hinges on the question of: either tools matter, or they don’t. What do you think?

Or would you like to go back to talking about more sensible things, like wind turbine cancer and sticking UV light and bleach up our behinds in a deadly pandemic?

Back
Top Bottom