• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We have opened Pandora's Box

I agree. This is a line that should not have been crossed. Genetic engineering a human's genes is not something we should play with.

Perhaps not; but OTOH I see this as just another logical step of the human evolutionary path.

OM

Perhaps not; but OTOH I see this as just another logical step of the human evolutionary path.

OM

Yes, I agree that it is logical, but logical isn't always human. What happens if something happens to the child and he becomes scarred or something like that? Do we pass him off as a failed experiment or do we put them out of their misery?

Why even give humans the choice to breed? Why not let the government select your mate for you based on genetics? Wouldn't that be a lot easier and prevent a lot more undesirable humans?

How the **** did you jump to this insanity

Gene editing on humans, as in humans that is already living and using the technology to increase longevity or cure a disease. That I understand. But to make gene edited babies, or even gene edit a twin babies? Why? What's their purpose of doing this? And this is not even the real kicker here. China said they will stop this research, but there are scientists from other countries that says they will continue doing this. Again. Why? Why "create" a baby?

Why invent transistors?

How the **** did you jump to this insanity

if the goal of genetic mutant babies is to reduce illness why not allow someone else to select our breeding mate? This will prevent couples from breeding that are higher at risk in cancer, diabetes, etc...

Why even give humans the choice to breed? Why not let the government select your mate for you based on genetics? Wouldn't that be a lot easier and prevent a lot more undesirable humans?

Why bother if genetics from any source can be altered to the government's standard? Simply outlaw natural reproduction if that is your goal.

if the goal of genetic mutant babies is to reduce illness why not allow someone else to select our breeding mate? This will prevent couples from breeding that are higher at risk in cancer, diabetes, etc...

Because “government-appointed breeding partners” is some freaky ass dystopian nightmare **** and “preventing babies from getting cancer through simple gene therapy” .... isn’t?

How do you feel about most governments making marriage between first cousins illegal to help prevent illness in offspring?

Would you have sex with a mutant?

Sure why not

Blond hair and blue eyes were mutations. As they are recessive genes, they would likely be eventually be bred out of existence

Let us hope with the technological leap... Our worst fears are not realized.

Khan_Noonien_Singh,_2285.jpg

Back
Top Bottom