• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We have always hated immigrants

DataPoint

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
We (Americans then and now) have always hated immigrants.

The nations of the First Peoples fought each other when moving on each other's territory and taking possession of each others' resources.

No one had any desire for the Azteca as neighbors, as history proved out. The Iroquois and the Comanche also fit that bill. The Pequots, with good reason, hated the immigrant Pilgrims, who killed them and sent the survivors as slaves to the West Indies. The Jews, Italians, Germans, Irish, eastern Europeans, the various peoples of Pacific and Asia and Africa -- all got it in the neck.

My great granpa was a dumb Swede and my stepdad a bohunk.

You would never know we were a nation of immigrants.

The nations of the First Peoples fought each other when moving on each other's territory and taking possession of each others' resources.

No one had any desire for the Azteca as neighbors, as history proved out. The Iroquois and the Comanche also fit that bill. The Pequots, with good reason, hated the immigrant Pilgrims, who killed them and sent the survivors as slaves to the West Indies. The Jews, Italians, Germans, Irish, eastern Europeans, the various peoples of Pacific and Asia and Africa -- all got it in the neck.

We hated: Italians, Poles, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, most Germans, Greeks, Turks, Irish. Who didn't we hate? Now we mostly hate all the brown people who speak Spanish.

I'm a WASP through and through--one of the bad guys from the start. Long ago, the first time I was asked my ethnicity, I said American, and I was serious.

It's pretty interesting when I looked at the 1900 census where my grandmother was born and raised, her neighbors came from 4 different countries (just on that one page), and now in that small town everyone is just a typical Mainer. Did all those foreigners move away? Nah, their descendants settled in and became Mainers who had more Mainers--that's how it goes.

We hated: Italians, Poles, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, most Germans, Greeks, Turks, Irish. Who didn't we hate? Now we mostly hate all the brown people who speak Spanish.
Even the Dutch got a dose, but they turned it around and aimed it back at the English:

Ill take more refugees from mexico than a lot of our politicians honestly.

Ill take more refugees from mexico than a lot of our politicians honestly.
You're going to get them, friend. The Democrats are trying to attach amnesty to their new 3.5 trillion dollar "infrastructure" plan. If that don't flood the border with illegal immigrants nothing will. They are out of control.

We've always hated immigrants even though we are a country of immigrants. I can only presume the WASPS don't think of themselves as immigrants. I think they look at themselves more as a group who has a manifest destiny so anything they do is ok.

You're going to get them, friend. The Democrats are trying to attach amnesty to their new 3.5 trillion dollar "infrastructure" plan. If that don't flood the border with illegal immigrants nothing will. They are out of control.
No amnesty provision would pass the House, much less the Senate.

We've always hated immigrants even though we are a country of immigrants. I can only presume the WASPS don't think of themselves as immigrants. I think they look at themselves more as a group who has a manifest destiny so anything they do is ok.
Well put. I always thought the struggle in Vietnam was a modern day version of American M D. Our mini-fortresses in Afghanistan's 'cowboy country' certainly captured that vision.

Maybe you do?

The united states welcomes around 1 million legal immigrants each year.

But that is the key legal. If you jump the line you are breaking our immigration law!

And probably send in bulldozers to tear down the wall and let the future Democrats in. If Democrats thought they were future Republicans, they would make the wall bigger and higher. They don't care about migrants. They only care about power.

Nope, that would be the Squad. Times change.

Why historians are fighting about “No Irish Need Apply” signs — and why it  matters - Vox

this sign is LESS than 100 years old...

Ferris State University's Jim Crow Museum and Center for Latino Studies  present Hispanic Heritage Month Programming: Thank yo

Naturally, O'Reilly fails to mention the laws and treaties that apply here, and he mixes immigrants crossing illegally for work or other reasons with those protected by those laws and treaties.

this sign is LESS than 100 years old...

View attachment 67345151
The great Mexican film comic Cantinflas played a restaurant owner putting up a sign that said, "Se Admiten Perros, y Hasta Un Gringo," trans. "We Admit Dogs and even a Gringo." Sadly, many Mexicans got the joke, having heard stories about the signs.

That is ridiculous...
Sure... Just go to Chinatown, Little Italy, Little Saigon, etc. and go tot the Italian restaurants, Thai. Chinese, Japanese Sushi, Brazilian, etc.

Naturally, O'Reilly fails to mention the laws and treaties that apply here, and he mixes immigrants crossing illegally for work or other reasons with those protected by those laws and treaties.
What laws and treaties? The ones the Biden administration is refusing to enforce!!! Or the laws they're bending to fit their political agenda?

I don't think it's necessary for O'Reilly to get that specific to make his point. That is the border is being overrun by illegal immigrants, and the Democrats are encouraging it.

Back
Top Bottom