• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We have a Spending Problem, NOT a tax revenue problem

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Barack Obama's News Conference today is typical Obama, demonize the private sector and those evil corporations. The minions that support Obama will continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the actual results and reality

Obama Pushes for Tax Increases in Budget Talks, Tells GOP to Sacrifice 'Sacred Cows'

Read more: Obama Pushes for Tax Increases in Budget Talks, Tells GOP to Sacrifice 'Sacred Cows' - FoxNews.com

Interesting that Obama is talking about how low revenue is but ignoring the problem that there are 15 million unemployed Americans that are paying very little in taxes because they are UNEMPLOYED. There is your revenue problem, Obama's failure to motivate job creation by providing incentives to the private sector to grow. Obama's answer? RAISE TAXES

Liberals today show their ignorance and partisanshp by promoting elimination of tax subsidies which aren't payments to companies but instead are allowing companies to keep more of what they earn. The ignorant by the claim that the govt. sends private business checks. No wonder we have the problems we have today with such ignorance.

All deficits are voluntary - if you run a deficit, you have done so because you have chosen to spend more revenue that you brought in.

All deficits are voluntary - if you run a deficit, you have done so because you have chosen to spend more revenue that you brought in.

Exactly right, the govt. chooses to make itself what our Founders never envisioned and now expect the American people to raise their credit limit without ever addressing the spending problems.

taxes on the wealthy in the USA are historically low. there is NOTHING wrong with raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires, in order to help fight the deficit and the national debt.

there is NOTHING wrong with raising taxes on private jets, cutting tax-loop holes on corporations and oil companies, and raising taxes on private jets, to get the govt. some more funds.

its fascinating how the GOP appears to be willing to let the USA default on its debt, in order to save tax breaks on private jets.

fascinating indeed.

I wonder how the American people feel about the GOP's insistence on not raising taxes on the super-rich in the USA?

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/downchart_gr.php?chart=F0-total&year=1902_2015&units=p

the facts are clear: raising taxes on the rich increases federal revenue over the short term AND the long term.

Last edited:
taxes on the wealthy in the USA are historically low. there is NOTHING wrong with raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires, in order to help fight the deficit and the national debt.

there is NOTHING wrong with raising taxes on private jets, cutting tax-loop holes on corporations and oil companies, and raising taxes on private jets, to get the govt. some more funds.

its fascinating how the GOP appears to be willing to let the USA default on its debt, in order to save tax breaks on private jets.

fascinating indeed.

I wonder how the American people feel about the GOP's insistence on not raising taxes on the super-rich in the USA?

actually, a plurality of americans think it's fine to raise taxes on the rich. i do too, as long as it's combined with substantial spending cuts.

fascinating indeed.

Government Taxes and Revenue Chart in United States 1902-2015 - Federal State Local

the facts are clear: raising taxes on the rich increases federal revenue over the short term AND the long term.

Here we go again, please explain to me how tax revenue grew AFTER the Reagan and Bush Tax cuts according to the U.S. Treasury? Interesting how the top 1% now pay 38% of the taxes paid but that isn't their fair share. Tell me what their fair share is while 47% of income earners don't pay any Federal Income Taxes? Where are the Obama expense cuts?

actually, a plurality of americans think it's fine to raise taxes on the rich. i do too, as long as it's combined with substantial spending cuts.

Why do you support raising taxes on anyone? Explain to me how much in taxes those 15 million unemployed Americans are paying? That is why we have low revenue, not because of tax cuts for the rich? How much will that generate anyway in the liberal world?

Here we go again, please explain to me how tax revenue grew AFTER the Reagan and Bush Tax cuts according to the U.S. Treasury?

if you take a look at US Federal revenue before and after the Bush tax increases of 1991, you can see the revenue increased after the tax increases. Revenue continued to increase every year after that.

society sometimes chooses to raise taxes if there is a lack of needed revenue. often times this is joined with spending cuts.

what's the problem with that?

how is this unusual?

There is lack of revenue to fund the liberal appetite for spending. I asked you how much in taxes do the 15 million unemployed Americians Pay. Further what is the fair share that you believe the rich should pay since paying 38% of all income taxes apparently isn't enough? Raising the debt ceiling is like raising the credit limit on your credit cards. What is Obama willing to cut? Cuts first then let's see how that impacts the deficit.

as of today, the GOP and Democrats have agreed on over $1 trillion in spending cuts over the next 10 years.

That is 100 billion a year and we have a 1.4 trillion dollar a year deficit. How does that improve the deficit problem? What are those cuts?

Why do you support raising taxes on anyone? Explain to me how much in taxes those 15 million unemployed Americans are paying? That is why we have low revenue, not because of tax cuts for the rich? How much will that generate anyway in the liberal world?

because we are in trouble. it amazes me that republicans in congress are so unwilling to compromise....oh wait, no it doesn't. the rich pay a much lower rate on dividends and long term cap gains than i pay on my salary. that's a huge disconnect, and that's part of what i would tax. now, do you really think they would stop investing if they had to pay more in taxes? highly doubtful. do you think the "rich" will close up shop and not want to make anymore money? no.........they wouldn't. do you think the rich will stop buying anything? no....they won't. the vast, vast majority of small businesses wouldn't see no increase in taxes, so don't even bring that up.

eliminating tax breaks that were given to wealthy unadvisedly is the right thing to do. hell, if my taxes were raised i wouldn't complain, much. we are supposed to be in this together, but for some reason the rich and those who have been duped don't see it that way.

I asked you how much in taxes do the 15 million unemployed Americians Pay.

you are complaining that unemployed Americans don't pay enough in income taxes?

wow.

now, please tell me why cutting tax-breaks for hedge-funds and private jets, will hurt the economy?

how do the tens of billions of dollars in farm-subsidies fit into your "liberal appetite" for spending?

Subsidies all allow business to keep their income instead of sending it to the govt. Why do you have a problem with people and businesses keeping more of what they earn? how does that hurt the economy?

you are complaining that unemployed Americans don't pay enough in income taxes?

wow.

No, I am explaining to you why we have a revenue problem according to Obama, he has increased the number of unemployed after spending over a trillion dollars in stimulus. How much is the fair share that the rich should pay?

Why do you have a problem with people and businesses keeping more of what they earn?

why do you want only the middle-class and poor make the necessary sacrifices to cut the deficit and debt?

why should the rich and super-rich get away scot-free?

because we are in trouble. it amazes me that republicans in congress are so unwilling to compromise....oh wait, no it doesn't. the rich pay a much lower rate on dividends and long term cap gains than i pay on my salary. that's a huge disconnect, and that's part of what i would tax. now, do you really think they would stop investing if they had to pay more in taxes? highly doubtful. do you think the "rich" will close up shop and not want to make anymore money? no.........they wouldn't. do you think the rich will stop buying anything? no....they won't. the vast, vast majority of small businesses wouldn't see no increase in taxes, so don't even bring that up.

eliminating tax breaks that were given to wealthy unadvisedly is the right thing to do. hell, if my taxes were raised i wouldn't complain, much. we are supposed to be in this together, but for some reason the rich and those who have been duped don't see it that way.

We are in trouble because the govt. spends too much money, raising their credit limit doesn't solve the problem. That is like giving a cocaine user a fix to solve their problems.

Why do you care how much the rich pay and what exactly is their fair share in your world. Stop buying the lies Obama tells you. If you want to pay more in taxes, send more into the govt. Write them a check

No, I am explaining to you why we have a revenue problem according to Obama, he has increased the number of unemployed after spending over a trillion dollars in stimulus.

unemployment increased even after all of the stimulus funds had been spent?

prove it.

why do you want only the middle-class and poor make the necessary sacrifices to cut the deficit and debt?

why should the rich and super-rich get away scot-free?

Why don't you answer the questions posed to you instead of diverting? What is the fair share that the rich should pay since 38% of Federal Income taxes paid isn't enough in your world?

Taxing Success, that's how you bring prosperity to America!

if you take a look at US Federal revenue before and after the Bush tax increases of 1991, you can see the revenue increased after the tax increases. Revenue continued to increase every year after that.

clinton raised taxes, and nobody can argue that we had a good economy for quite a period of time.

We are in trouble because the govt. spends too much money,

our deficit would be much less if Bush has not lowered taxes on the wealthy WHILE put us in two-wars that we have no money to spend on.

honestly, who starts two wars AND cuts taxes at the same time?

surely not a fiscal conservative. more like a fiscal clown.

Why don't you answer the questions posed to you instead of diverting? What is the fair share that the rich should pay since 38% of Federal Income taxes paid isn't enough in your world?
this is really rich, coming from you.....perhaps you should take your own advice?

Back
Top Bottom