• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We had one grievance party, thanks to Trump we now have two

A party that stands for liberty is at least 4 years away.

No Matter What Happens To Trump, Trumpism Is Here To Stay

No Matter What Happens To Trump, Trumpism Is Here To Stay | RedState

There is some real truth in the article. If Trump been using using a more refined, polite approach to his speech, he would have attracted a flood of Reagan democrats all over again. He could have issued the very same opinions as he did with a better choice of words and obtained a better outcome. Instead, he chose to speak like a street thug

There is some real truth in the article. If Trump been using using a more refined, polite approach to his speech, he would have attracted a flood of Reagan democrats all over again. He could have issued the very same opinions as he did with a better choice of words and obtained a better outcome. Instead, he chose to speak like a street thug

I disagree. His language is what brought him this success. He doesn't sound like a politician.

I disagree. His language is what brought him this success. He doesn't sound like a politician.

But he isn't getting many cross over votes, and a large part of his own party will stay home on November 8. He is negative with Hispanics, blacks, women, and the evangelicals.

Promoting America's interests is not the same as grievance mongering. If it's true (I won't hold my breath) that the GOP is abandoning economic liberalism, then great.

How about COMPETENTLY promoting America's interests?

How about COMPETENTLY promoting America's interests?

Obviously our interests should be competently promoted, and I think that Trump can do that relatively well.

Note however, that this a completely different question from the grievance mongering comparisons.

A party that stands for liberty is at least 4 years away.

No Matter What Happens To Trump, Trumpism Is Here To Stay

No Matter What Happens To Trump, Trumpism Is Here To Stay | RedState

I think there will be real grievances should Trump be denied the nomination. Doubly so if it's done by some GOP Convention chicanery. It could very well split that party in two, but that'll be post convention and possibly even post election.

It might already be at the point where the establishment GOP is just going to have go learn how to go with Trump, win or lose.

Trump, to better his chances, is going to have to pivot and become more presidential (or at least appear to be so) for the general.

I think there will be real grievances should Trump be denied the nomination. Doubly so if it's done by some GOP Convention chicanery. It could very well split that party in two, but that'll be post convention and possibly even post election.

It might already be at the point where the establishment GOP is just going to have go learn how to go with Trump, win or lose.

Trump, to better his chances, is going to have to pivot and become more presidential (or at least appear to be so) for the general.

I think the movement conservative's strategy such as the Tea Party and religious conservatives is to begin organizing and fundraising to build something from the ashes of the GOP once Trump crashes and burns. He will likely turn the Senate Democrat. Hopefully the US House can be saved. The best strategy to save Senate seats is to advertise them as a counter-weight to President-Elect Hillary Clinton.

I think the movement conservative's strategy such as the Tea Party and religious conservatives is to begin organizing and fundraising to build something from the ashes of the GOP once Trump crashes and burns. He will likely turn the Senate Democrat. Hopefully the US House can be saved. The best strategy to save Senate seats is to advertise them as a counter-weight to President-Elect Hillary Clinton.

Depends if Trump crashes and burns, and also depends if the GOP establishment elite are going to take the wake up call or not.

There is much here that has yet to be decided and transpired, making your guesses there, quite a bit premature.

Who knows, the GOP establishment elite could end up not fighting the Trump nomination for the sake of party unity, and Trump could be better at uniting the party as well.

It's fascism, and it will be defeated by force, just as it was in the 1940's.

You call it fascism but it's probably more populism and demagoguery.

Fascists believe that liberal democracy is obsolete, and they regard the complete mobilization of society under a totalitarian one-party state as necessary to prepare a nation for armed conflict and to respond effectively to economic difficulties.[SUP][7][/SUP] Such a state is led by a strong leader—such as a dictator and a martial government composed of the members of the governing fascist party—to forge national unity and maintain a stable and orderly society.[SUP][7][/SUP] Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature, and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation.[SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][10][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP] Fascists advocate a mixed economy, with the principal goal of achieving autarky through protectionist and interventionist economic policies.[SUP][12][/SUP]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

I dunno, but it certainly doesn't seem like those you object to are promoting a totalitarian one-party state.

Populism is a political outlook or disposition that appeals to the interests and conceptions (such as hopes and fears) of the general population, especially when contrasting any new collective consciousness push against the prevailing status quo interests of any predominant political sector.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Political parties and politicians often use the terms populist and populism as pejoratives against their opponents. Such a view sees populism as merely empathising with the public, (usually through rhetoric or unrealistic proposals) in order to increase appeal across the political spectrum (cf. demagogy).[SUP][2][/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Yeah, this sounds a lot more like it.

I think you are just using a provocative label for something that you don't agree with. If you really want fascism, take a long hard look at what the left end of the political spectrum wants to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom