• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We found some voter fraud!

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
How about it Trump supporters.. Should Meadow be prosecuted?

On September 19th, about three weeks before North Carolina’s voter-registration deadline for the general election, Meadows filed his paperwork. On a line that asked for his residential address—“where you physically live,” the form instructs—Meadows wrote down the address of a fourteen-by-sixty-two-foot mobile home in Scaly Mountain. He listed his move-in date for this address as the following day, September 20th.

Meadows does not own this property and never has. It is not clear that he has ever spent a single night there. (He did not respond to a request for comment.) The previous owner, who asked that we not use her name, now lives in Florida. “That was just a summer home,” she told me, when I called her up the other day. She seemed surprised to learn that the residence was listed on the Meadowses’ forms. The property sits in the southern Appalachian mountains, at about four thousand feet, in the bend of a quiet road above a creek in Macon County. She and her husband bought it in 1985. “We’d come up there for three to four months when my husband was living,” she said. Her husband died several years ago, and the house sat mostly unused for some time afterward, she said, because she had “nobody to go up there with anymore.”

It seems to be conservatives doing the voter fraud and voter suppression.... and he put his wife out there
to be the criminal = he's s slob.

it depends if the state requires his physical prescence to be a resident.

it depends if the state requires his physical prescence to be a resident.
Why comment if you didn't even take the time to read the linked article?

If Debra Meadows stayed there a single night, and Mark Meadows didn’t stay there, then he didn’t meet the abode test,” Cohen said. What if Meadows had stayed there, I asked? How would he establish that he intended to live there for an indefinite period of time? There isn’t a single determinative test, Cohen said, but a driver’s license, cable bill, W-2, or car registration listing the address would each suffice. “It’s a question of intent and evidence,” he added.

Why comment if you didn't even take the time to read the linked article?

If Debra Meadows stayed there a single night, and Mark Meadows didn’t stay there, then he didn’t meet the abode test,” Cohen said. What if Meadows had stayed there, I asked? How would he establish that he intended to live there for an indefinite period of time? There isn’t a single determinative test, Cohen said, but a driver’s license, cable bill, W-2, or car registration listing the address would each suffice. “It’s a question of intent and evidence,” he added.
It does not matter. Mark Meadows is a fellow soldier so @DarkWizard12 aka Sir Poop a Lot has no choice but to defend him. He is not capable of simply stating that this was wrong, because that would affect unit cohesion in what he likely believes is a state of war between right and left.

On September 19th, about three weeks before North Carolina’s voter-registration deadline for the general election, Meadows filed his paperwork. On a line that asked for his residential address—“where you physically live,” the form instructs—Meadows wrote down the address of a fourteen-by-sixty-two-foot mobile home in Scaly Mountain. He listed his move-in date for this address as the following day, September 20th.

Meadows does not own this property and never has. It is not clear that he has ever spent a single night there. (He did not respond to a request for comment.) The previous owner, who asked that we not use her name, now lives in Florida. “That was just a summer home,” she told me, when I called her up the other day. She seemed surprised to learn that the residence was listed on the Meadowses’ forms. The property sits in the southern Appalachian mountains, at about four thousand feet, in the bend of a quiet road above a creek in Macon County. She and her husband bought it in 1985. “We’d come up there for three to four months when my husband was living,” she said. Her husband died several years ago, and the house sat mostly unused for some time afterward, she said, because she had “nobody to go up there with anymore.”

There's no "may have" there. That's clearly illegal.

Probably not. Did he simultaneously vote in another state? If not, I suspect any efforts to prosecute would be a waste of time and taxpayer money. His "voter fraud" is totally inconsequential. Think about it. How many thousands, or tens of thousands of students, spent little or no time, for one reason or another, in the state they voted in during the pandemic.

Probably not. Did he simultaneously vote in another state? If not, I suspect any efforts to prosecute would be a waste of time and taxpayer money. His "voter fraud" is totally inconsequential. Think about it. How many thousands, or tens of thousands of students, spent little or no time, for one reason or another, in the state they voted in during the pandemic.

Is Mark Meadows a student? Is he paying North Carolina income taxes?

Weird defense of him.
One would hope that hope the WH chief of staff might know and not break voting laws.

Is Mark Meadows a student?
Argumentative. If you think you really have a strong point otherwise, then give me an example of anyone who has been successfully charged with voter fraud for doing what he has done. A single one would be sufficient.
Is he paying North Carolina income taxes?
I suspect they are paying property taxes. As for income taxes, I don't know. I paid them in New York State for many years while living in New Jersey, so . . . . .

Weird defense of him.
One would hope that hope the WH chief of staff might know and not break voting laws.
??? It's not a defense of him in any way, shape or form. I merely answered the question "Should Meadow be prosecuted?" as honestly as I could. It would be a waste of time, taxpayer money, and very likely futile in its outcome.

any state that has vote by mail :rolleyes:
Think about it for a minute. How one would receive a vote by mail ballot if they haven't previously satisfied voter registration requirements?

Of course he did. It's always like that with these folks...

LMAO... Which states allow voters without a physical presence to become residents?

States have exceptions for active military personnel. I know that in general your question is a good one.

States have exceptions for active military personnel. I know that in general your question is a good one.

And those SAME military personnel pay state income taxes based on the their state residency. ;) Some states waive taxes on active duty military pay.

The "other people do it" defense is here. Although, other people aren't national leaders.

Our national leaders are not held accountable for anything. Just look at his old boss.

GOP will try to get away with anything if allowed.

Back
Top Bottom