• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'We Don't Want You Here': Mexicans Protest Against Migrant Caravan

sometimes, perhaps. however, the title of the thread includes "we don't want you here," so it's on topic to point out that i want white supremacists here in the states about as much as white supremacists want Hondurans. not that i'd deport them, you understand, but if they moved to some armpit of the world to celebrate each other's whiteness in peace, that might be satisfying. assuming that they can't access the internet there, of course.

And why the hell would they do that?
Look...there are "white supremacists", "black supremacists", "Mexican supremacists", Arab supremacists", "Chinese supremacists", etc...etc...etc...
There always has been, and I suspect there always will be. Are the white ones the worst of the bunch. Hell no! Not even close.

May I suggest you get a grip on your gross misgivings, and realize that the world is chalk full for racial biases.
EVERY race has them, and the cross-eyed, in breads below the Mason Dixie Line are tame compared to what goes on to this very day in places like Africa.

Successful people usually are able to identify a 'shortcoming', and turn it into a positive that works for them. You don't find them wailing at the moon, or accusing people f racism, while they themselves bare their racist ideas in the process.

And why the hell would they do that?
Look...there are "white supremacists", "black supremacists", "Mexican supremacists", Arab supremacists", "Chinese supremacists", etc...etc...etc...
There always has been, and I suspect there always will be. Are the white ones the worst of the bunch. Hell no! Not even close.

May I suggest you get a grip on your gross misgivings, and realize that the world is chalk full for racial biases.
EVERY race has them, and the cross-eyed, in breads below the Mason Dixie Line are tame compared to what goes on to this very day in places like Africa.

Successful people usually are able to identify a 'shortcoming', and turn it into a positive that works for them. You don't find them wailing at the moon, or accusing people f racism, while they themselves bare their racist ideas in the process.

i don't notice Chinese supremacists pissing and moaning all over the internet about Hondurans.

i don't notice Chinese supremacists pissing and moaning all over the internet about Hondurans.

Helix...go visit China, then tell me how much they love diversity.
And for gawd's sake...stop living in Lalaland. Its a big, nasty world out there, and if your sweet sensibilities are so easily offended...you'll spend your entire life...being offended. In the mean time, me and my prodigy will shake it off and succeed.

Now here's my favorite part:

Are American liberals now going to demonize Mexicans as 'white supremacists' and 'racists' for not wanting the migrant caravan in their country???

Damn racists!

Helix...go visit China, then tell me how much they love diversity.
And for gawd's sake...stop living in Lalaland. Its a big, nasty world out there, and if your sweet sensibilities are so easily offended...you'll spend your entire life...being offended. In the mean time, me and my prodigy will shake it off and succeed.

i'm not offended. i just like Hondurans better than white supremacists.

I have just watched a video of those "migrants" acting loudly and rudely in the streets of TJ. Some were even carrying flags of their countries, countries that they claim have no jobs for them and countries that are full of violent crime.

More Americans would have some sympathy for them if they conducted themselves in a HUMBLE and RESPECTFUL manner. Just walk quietly. No yelling. No placards. No foreign flags.

When they reach the American border, show respect to the American authorities. Do not demand anything. Quietly and docilely explain that they are requesting asylum in accordance with current American law. Do not threaten any illegal action, such as rushing the border or hopping over any fence.

The migrant caravan folks lost the support of pretty much all sensible and intelligent Americans when they broke through police lines, threw rocks or whatever other objects they could find at the police, rudely pushed aside the relatively few women and children among them to get to offered rides, demanded 'rights' from America, and have pretty much trashed our President, our government our country. What sort of oppressed people proudly wave their country's flag while demanding their 'rights' from ours?

You also don't see mobs of angry militant people thumbing their noses at Chinese laws and attacking Chinese police and demanding entry to China and protection under Chinese law. I think that would not end well for them there.

You also don't see mobs of angry militant people thumbing their noses at Chinese laws and attacking Chinese police and demanding entry to China and protection under Chinese law. I think that would not end well for them there.

a lot of North Koreans would like admittance, i'd wager. however, if Chinese supremacists are as annoyingly xenophobic as white supremacists, then i would trade them for Hondurans, as well.

No...I love my country just as it is, thank you very much.
If I wanted to live in a beautiful place that's been turned into a ****-hole by it's own people, I'll consider your kind offer.

But that's exactly what's happening to the USA. Trump has sold your clean air. He's has sold your clean water. You're divided by fear and hatred. He lied about fixing healthcare. He's done nothing about your failed education system.

From outside looking it, it looks like Trump is turning the USA into a ****hole country. Maybe you should think about getting a new leader?

Last edited:
But that's exactly what's happening to the USA. Trump has sold your clean air. He's has sold your clean water.

Odd, my air and water are still fine.

You're divided by fear and hatred.

This is what YOU are pushing, fear and hated. Obvious projection is obvious.

Horrible healthcare. Failed education.

Best healthcare in the world if you can afford it. Some of the best universities and tech schools too. Are you ALWAYS this wrong?

Maybe you should think about getting a new leader?

Nah, we're good.

i'm not offended. i just like Hondurans better than white supremacists.

Groovy.
And now that you know these white supremacists are not the biggest threat, as far as racism goes, I'll expect you won't be beating you 'racist drum' quite so often...right?

But that's exactly what's happening to the USA. Trump has sold your clean air. He's has sold your clean water. You're divided by fear and hatred. He lied about fixing healthcare. He's done nothing about your failed education system.

From outside looking it, it looks like Trump is turning the USA into a ****hole country. Maybe you should think about getting a new leader?

OK first of all...little secret but...if you bothered to look at my profile...you'd notice that...I AM CANADIAN!

Secondly...what do these things have to do with the caravan???

a lot of North Koreans would like admittance, i'd wager. however, if Chinese supremacists are as annoyingly xenophobic as white supremacists, then i would trade them for Hondurans, as well.

I have no love, respect, or appreciation for white supremacists--I think the concept is loathsome--but those are in a very tiny and marginalized minority. And they aren't taking jobs from poorer Americans or demanding that they be accommodated ahead of everybody else who want to immigrate here legally. A handful of white supremacists are not desirable in our country, but they present far less of a problem or threat to our way of life than do millions of people thumbing their noses at our laws.

I believe our laws should be applied equally and uniformly to all people. And all those who come here should be admitted for the right reasons and according to the established law. And that belief applies to Hondurans along with everybody else.

Groovy.
And now that you know these white supremacists are not the biggest threat, as far as racism goes, I'll expect you won't be beating you 'racist drum' quite so often...right?

no, i will certainly continue to oppose the white supremacist movement.

I have no love, respect, or appreciation for white supremacists--I think the concept is loathsome--but those are in a very tiny and marginalized minority. And they aren't taking jobs from poorer Americans or demanding that they be accommodated ahead of everybody else who want to immigrate here legally. A handful of white supremacists are not desirable in our country, but they present far less of a problem or threat to our way of life than do millions of people thumbing their noses at our laws.

I believe our laws should be applied equally and uniformly to all people. And all those who come here should be admitted for the right reasons and according to the established law. And that belief applies to Hondurans along with everybody else.

i'm for letting them apply for asylum and actually granting asylum to those who are in danger or who otherwise qualify.

i'm for letting them apply for asylum and actually granting asylum to those who are in danger or who otherwise qualify.

But apparently the people of Tijuana are not so willing which is the point of this thread. These people refused offer of asylum in Mexico. They don't want to live in Mexico. They want to live here. How many tens of thousands or millions of people do you think the USA should accommodate, feed, house, and provide healthcare for while processing their asylum offers most especially when they have turned down offers elsewhere? And on the face of it, when it is pretty obvious they don't qualify?

But apparently the people of Tijuana are not so willing which is the point of this thread. These people refused offer of asylum in Mexico. They don't want to live in Mexico. They want to live here. How many tens of thousands or millions of people do you think the USA should accommodate, feed, house, and provide healthcare for while processing their asylum offers most especially when they have turned down offers elsewhere? And on the face of it, when it is pretty obvious they don't qualify?

they probably wouldn't be safe in Mexico. how do you know that they don't qualify for asylum? let them go through the process.

no, i will certainly continue to oppose the white supremacist movement.

As do and will I...but I will not howl about it as if its a serious threat to anyone, nor will I try to make it some sort of primary concern.
It is what it is, and that's about that.

I noticed they weren’t able to shut down the gold/silver mines in Mexico like they’ve done in hondurus. What makes me laugh is had they headed south, Nicaragua would’ve shot them for entering their country.

Reports I heard when visiting Mexico and meeting with a group offering shelter was that some migrants sheltered in place elsewhere in Honduras, others scattered to Central American counties. Doubt Nicaraguans would have shot them.

they probably wouldn't be safe in Mexico. how do you know that they don't qualify for asylum? let them go through the process.

It’s more fun to demonize them. Why solve the problem when we can fire up the base?

So how many tens of thousands or millions should we put through the process for people who have other options. I imagine they would be as safe in Mexico as they would be hanging out in several places in the USA. Only roughly 2% of Mexicans requesting asylum are granted it.
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-i-apply-asylum-from-mexico.html

Last edited:
Reports I heard when visiting Mexico and meeting with a group offering shelter was that some migrants sheltered in place elsewhere in Honduras, others scattered to Central American counties. Doubt Nicaraguans would have shot them.

ORA lost a mine to the locals of hondurus already. GRRs mining claim on the border with them has 138GPT just 36” below grade. If Nicaragua allows them in, the claim would’ve been jumped by now.

As do and will I...but I will not howl about it as if its a serious threat to anyone, nor will I try to make it some sort of primary concern.
It is what it is, and that's about that.

white supremacists / nazis are a real threat. have to stay vigilant and not let them normalize.

white supremacists / nazis are a real threat. have to stay vigilant and not let them normalize.

OK then...you do that...:roll:

Back
Top Bottom