• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'We Don't Want You Here': Mexicans Protest Against Migrant Caravan

They are just trying to go to a state that will help them illegally enter and stay in the US . Texas will not do that.

They won't get in illegally in CA. unless they are smuggled in, but you're right about one thing... Once they have entered they will be in a sanctuary state, and they will be treated like royalty by the leftist loonies running this state. That's why they were told to come to the San Ysidro/Tijuana border.

Now here's my favorite part:

Are American liberals now going to demonize Mexicans as 'white supremacists' and 'racists' for not wanting the migrant caravan in their country???

If they agree with Trump THEY ARE A WHITE SUPREMACIST. PERIOD. /sarcasm

You could move to be with them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

why should i move? i'm not a white supremacist goose stepper who worries about racial purity or whatever. ****, the population of my hometown has gone up by about a third every summer for my whole life because a corporation around here likes cheap labor. i'm fairly used to it.

If they agree with Trump THEY ARE A WHITE SUPREMACIST. PERIOD. /sarcasm

Hey, these people agree with Trump too... what name will his haters call the people in the photo? BROWN SUPREMACISTS? ;)

750x422

Anti-caravan protest starts peaceful, turns tense outside Tijuana shelter.

What started as a peaceful march in Tijuana Sunday turned tense as hundreds of anti-caravan protesters marched to a shelter where Honduran migrants were staying.

Protesters threw beer cans at riot police who blocked their entrance to the shelter as the crowd shouted, “Hondurans get out, we don’t want you here,” around noon in Tijuana’s Zona Norte.

Organizers said the event, which began around 9 a.m., was not necessarily anti-migrant but anti-invasion.

“Legal migration, yes — illegal invasions, no,” said organizer Fidel Ernesto Gonzalez Hernandez. “That is our message.”

More than 1,000 demonstrators showed up. Many wore Mexican soccer jerseys, waved Mexican flags, and sang the Mexican anthem.

Children carried signs that read, “Mexico first,” and “No more caravans.”

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...t=barker&bn=Barker 06 - In Case You Missed It

i'd rather have Hondurans here than white nationalists. i wonder if there's a way to trade.

You could always move yourself and your family to sunny Honduras. Go ahead...set the PC example for us all.

Sure there are jobs in the USA........but, that's not up to the migrants to decide for the USA how they'll come to fill up those jobs!

It's not like as if they're the only ones who want to come to the USA.
USA can have its pick of immigrants - why settle for would-be trouble and head-aches?

If they can't - and they won't - want to follow Tiajuana's rules, what makes you think they'd respect and follow USA's laws?

Imposing your will against the country you want to migrate to - huh, that should be a big flashing red flag what kind of mentality and attitude these people have. Not good for any country!

They're only proving one thing: they're the kind of immigrants you don't wanna have!

Greetings, tosca1. :2wave:

Very well said! :thumbs: Making trouble for the border authorities doesn't seem like the brightest idea for an illegal immigrant to have - do they honestly believe that they can bully their way into our country? :thumbdown:

You could always move yourself and your family to sunny Honduras. Go ahead...set the PC example for us all.

i don't have a problem with immigrants. perhaps you should move.

Red:
For the time being, I'll use your term "stagnant;" however, note that stagnant (unmoving) isn't at all what the price of labor has been. What wages have been is "slower moving that some wage earners would like." That said, you're hardly the only person who uses the term "stagnant" synonymously with "slow" or "slowly with regard to some reference point."

Wages that are stagnant -- not all wages are so -- because buyers of labor are unwilling to forbear/offer price increases for labor. They aren't willing to pay the higher prices because the specific productivity of the labor they buy hasn't increased.
  • Overall, worker productivity has increased; however, the productivity of low-to-medium skill labor, which is the kind of labor many (most?) immigrants such as the Hondurans in the "Caravan" will seek -- has not, and, quite frankly, will not. For example:
    • How much more productive today is an agricultural physical laborer, a housekeeper or construction crew physical laborer than was a comparable worker 40 years ago? Not much, if at all. Physically harvesting plants, cleaning spaces, laying bricks, etc. happens no faster per period of time, and with no lower error rates, than they did 40 years ago. Those physical processes can happen faster when they are enhanced with technology; however, the worker operating that technology would then have to have more skills than does a purely physical laborer, and that higher skilled worker can command a higher price for his/her labor than can the purely physical laborer.
    • How much more productive today is an auditor, writer, engineer, or researcher/analyst, for example, than s/he was 40 years ago? A lot more. Why? Because technology has been added to the productivity mix and that technology allows the worker to produce more output in a given period of time than a similar worker 40 years ago could.
  • There are a number of labor types for which prices show strong rates of increase. It's important to note, however, sometimes occupations with rapidly increasing prices may not the highest price jobs, they are types of labor buyers demand and will forbear price increases to obtain.

Blue:
There are many reasons for that phenomenon, but all of them boil down to (1) an extant gap between the nature and extent of labor supplied and that of labor demanded, (2) sellers of labor seeking greater returns, and (3) sellers ability to distribute information about their willingness to purchase labor of "this or that" nature. There are also micro rather than macro level reasons, such as:
  • Inept/inapt information consumption/application:
  • Increasing technological enhancement has reduced the demand for certain kinds of labor, thus hightening the competition for any given job in a discipline that's been technologically enhanced.
Whatever the reasons for there being many applicants for "this" job, there remain plenty of jobs in myriad places for which too few folks apply.

And these folks coming in from the south are going to fill those skilled labor positions? Which will increase upward pressure on wage increases, at least in relation to cost of living and inflation increases?

Now here's my favorite part:

Are American liberals now going to demonize Mexicans as 'white supremacists' and 'racists' for not wanting the migrant caravan in their country???

Uh, the Mexican protest is about 2500 miles too late.

main-qimg-9115341887aee159d0bf13c2fdee90b1

I call bull****

i don't have a problem with immigrants. perhaps you should move.

No...I love my country just as it is, thank you very much.
If I wanted to live in a beautiful place that's been turned into a ****-hole by it's own people, I'll consider your kind offer.
In the mean time though, these poor poor folks have been offered asylum in Mexico, the decided to reject asylum, and are in the process of making an already 'potty-challenged' town, into a full fledged ****-hole. But tell ya what. You are more than welcome to run right down there and offer your home up for as many as you can fit in there.

On your way now. Next time we talk, I expect you'll have a houseload.

No...I love my country just as it is, thank you very much.
If I wanted to live in a beautiful place that's been turned into a ****-hole by it's own people, I'll consider your kind offer.
In the mean time though, these poor poor folks have been offered asylum in Mexico, the decided to reject asylum, and are in the process of making an already 'potty-challenged' town, into a full fledged ****-hole. But tell ya what. You are more than welcome to run right down there and offer your home up for as many as you can fit in there.

On your way now. Next time we talk, I expect you'll have a houseload.

since we're a nation of immigrants and a melting pot, "loving it as it is" includes that. if you'd prefer a predominantly lilly white country, you're welcome to find one. safe travels!

Who can blame them for not wanting the caravan. Imagine your city or your town to be swamped by hordes.....and not only that, these migrants don't want to follow any rules! They want to impose their will.

Of course, you don't see mainstream tv news channel showing this side of the migrants. CTV and CBC in Canada never brought this up.

Trump is right. They are a violent lot.

Tiajuana should round them up and push them out of the place (back to where they came from)!
That should teach them to at least, respect the laws and regulations of the places they disrupt!

They should align nicely with democrat voters when they get to the interior if the administration does not step in.

since we're a nation of immigrants and a melting pot, "loving it as it is" includes that. if you'd prefer a predominantly lilly white country, you're welcome to find one. safe travels!

Have I EVER said such a thing.
Listen up. DO NOT even entertain the idea that you can pull this sort of horse**** with me!
Skin colour means nothing to me. What matters to me, when discussing immigration, is what does the prospective migrant have to offer my nation.!
Get it?
Got it?
Good!

l8r...

Have I EVER said such a thing.
Listen up. DO NOT even entertain the idea that you can pull this sort of horse**** with me!
Skin colour means nothing to me. What matters to me, when discussing immigration, is what does the prospective migrant have to offer my nation.!
Get it?
Got it?
Good!

l8r...

i wasn't "pulling" anything. i'm pointing out that we're a nation of immigrants. this is because we are. i'm also pointing out that i would prefer Hondurans to white nationalists / supremacists. this is because i do. i understand that there's no actual way to trade them, but i can fantasize.

i wasn't "pulling" anything. i'm pointing out that we're a nation of immigrants. this is because we are. i'm also pointing out that i would prefer Hondurans to white nationalists / supremacists. this is because i do. i understand that there's no actual way to trade them, but i can fantasize.

YOU said:
if you'd prefer a predominantly lilly white country, you're welcome to find one. safe travels!
Please take your blatant racism...and keep it to yourself.

Please take your blatant racism...and keep it to yourself.

unfortunately, saying things doesn't make them true. this is a stumbling block that the president runs into a lot, too.

unfortunately, saying things doesn't make them true. this is a stumbling block that the president runs into a lot, too.

Indeed. A lesson you apparently need to learn too eh?

Indeed. A lesson you apparently need to learn too eh?

sometimes, perhaps. however, the title of the thread includes "we don't want you here," so it's on topic to point out that i want white supremacists here in the states about as much as white supremacists want Hondurans. not that i'd deport them, you understand, but if they moved to some armpit of the world to celebrate each other's whiteness in peace, that might be satisfying. assuming that they can't access the internet there, of course.

American liberals will cherry pick the story and say it does not represent all Mexicans.
They would be right.
The other Mexicans helped them merely passing through their communities.
It is TJ where they have arrived to stay.
Stay and make an even bigger mess than it was before.

BUT...they can thank their own government for the mess.

I was a little shocked that the Mexican gov. let them in. That should not have happened. I think the USA is required to admit some number of legit asylum seekers, but that seems complicated here by the fact that these people were allowed "asylum" in Mexico already.

It's Trump's issue now. He and his media buddies made campaign fodder out of this group. They were not the first, nor will they be the last. The migrants haven't barged into the US to date, and I don't expect that to start under Trump.

Red:

Wages that are stagnant -- not all wages are so -- because buyers of labor are unwilling to forbear/offer price increases for labor. They aren't willing to pay the higher prices because the specific productivity of the labor they buy hasn't increased.
  • Overall, worker productivity has increased; however, the productivity of low-to-medium skill labor, which is the kind of labor many (most?) immigrants such as the Hondurans in the "Caravan" will seek, has not, and, quite frankly, will not. For example:
    • How much more productive today is an agricultural physical laborer, a housekeeper or construction crew physical laborer than was a comparable worker 40 years ago? Not much, if at all. Physically harvesting plants, cleaning spaces, laying bricks, etc. happens no faster per period of time, and with no lower error rates, than they did 40 years ago. Those physical processes can happen faster when they are enhanced with technology; however, the worker operating that technology would then have to have more skills than does a purely physical laborer, and that higher skilled worker can command a higher price for his/her labor than can the purely physical laborer.

Blue:
There are many reasons for that phenomenon, but all of them boil down to (1) an extant gap between the nature and extent of labor supplied and that of labor demanded, (2) sellers of labor seeking greater returns, and (3) sellers ability to distribute information about their willingness to purchase labor of "this or that" nature. There are also micro rather than macro level reasons, such as:
  • Inept/inapt information consumption/application:
  • Increasing technological enhancement has reduced the demand for certain kinds of labor, thus hightening the competition for any given job in a discipline that's been technologically enhanced.
Whatever the reasons for there being many applicants for "this" job, there remain plenty of jobs in myriad places for which too few folks apply.

And these folks coming in from the south are going to fill those skilled labor positions? Which will increase upward pressure on wage increases, at least in relation to cost of living and inflation increases?
You asked, "Why are wages stagnant? Why are there 100s of applicants for every job?" I directly answered both questions and provided highly credible references to support the answers I gave.
  • If you have some comparaly credible and materially different answers to those question:
    • Why the hell did you ask the questions in the first place?
    • Why have you refrained from providing them and the information that supports them?
  • If you acknowledge the verity and preponderant veracity of my answers:
    • We are done, mainly because I don't care to keep having to provide with didactic responses to questions that are quite readily answered with a couple Googlings...something that's patently obvious to anyone who clicks on the first hyperlink in the "red" section excerpted from my above shown post. Insofar as that line of discussion be done, why did you quote my responses to your earlier inquires? (And, no, I don't need your answer that question.)
    • You haven't the discursive decency to attest to as much.

Pink:
See the "blue" statement in the "red" section of my above shown post. Apparently you completely overlooked it, if you even read the post.

Back
Top Bottom