• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'We Don't Want You Here': Mexicans Protest Against Migrant Caravan

if non-Latino farming crews and construction are important to you, then apply for one of those jobs. i don't see wages going up without bringing the underground economy into the light. after that, they need to unionize, IMO. however, if your state is like mine, the right has defanged unions with right to work for less / fire at will laws.

The Right!

The Right!

Gotta love it when liberals and whoever else all cry about the right wing destroying unions, while the liberal politicians support flooding the market with cheap labor from south of the border which ends up cutting the legs out from under the the unions at the same time.

I can't wait for the day (and it's coming sooner than later) when migrants start going after liberal office jobs.

Frame not farm but I'm an anesthesiologist but my brother was a carpenter he is retired now. Unionization would not work here or most places I suppose. I don't see pay rate going up for carpentry until the cheap illegal alien labor dries up. Again there are several states with very few illegal aliens per capita and jobs still get done in those states. I realize there are some jobs that need migrant laborers but that could be handled by J Visas. Let them work the harvest then return to their homes. I have worked in the emergency room a lot and a tremendous number of the patients speak zero English so I presume they are illegals and for the most part they pay zero for their care. That is a big drain on the hospitals which pass that cost on to other patients to do pay. I have done anesthetics for Latino patients that are having babies. They rarely pay for my services. Over 70% of the babies born at Dallas County Hospital Parkland at to illegal alien parents. That again is a huge drain on the residents of Dallas county.

i don't see pay going up even with deportation. they'd find some way to do it without actual benefits to workers. as for migrant labor, that's how it used to work. my town's population used to go up by a third or quarter every late summer due to the need for agricultural workers. the health care angle could be a thread of its own.

The Right!

The Right!

Gotta love it when liberals and whoever else all cry about the right wing destroying unions, while the liberal politicians support flooding the market with cheap labor from south of the border which ends up cutting the legs out from under the the unions at the same time.

i live in a northern right to work for less / fire at will state. anti-labor Republicans facilitated that.

I can't wait for the day (and it's coming sooner than later) when migrants start going after liberal office jobs.
Correct. The McDonalds near me use to hire high school kids or young kids just out of high school. Now there crew is 75% or more Latino. I bet some are illegal because the Latino talks only Spanish to them. It seems that the high school kids are being squeezed out of the fast food job market too. Cheap labor can't help but hurt those that need to work in a manual labor market. That has typically been the legal Latino and black population disproportionately. If you care about legal American Latino, black and white families you should be against cheap illegal labor.

You know that people gripe about out sourcing programing, IT, and service desk type jobs to India. Just wait till illegals learn how to program a computer or answer a help desk job.

Last edited:
i live in a northern right to work for less / fire at will state. anti-labor Republicans facilitated that.
I live in a right to work state and one that has a great economy and has a balanced budget.

I live in a right to work state and one that has a great economy and has a balanced budget.

i live in a state that has a balanced budget, and one in which my employer is allowed to pretend that i'm not an employee in order to save money. as for right to work for less, i don't support it.

Virginia is a right to work state and people are no less off than pro union states.

I don't live in Virginia, so I can't say one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom