• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"We don't have time for a meeting of the Flat Earth Society,"

66gardeners

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama on Tuesday invoked his executive authority to undertake a slew of measures aimed at curbing climate change and preparing America for its costly impacts. The speech was hailed by environmentalists who've seen their policy priorities largely ignored since the president promised to address climate change in his State of the Union address earlier this year.

"The question is not whether we need to act," Obama said in a speech at Georgetown University. "The question is whether we will have the courage to act before it's too late."

Obama also made a point to dismiss those who don't acknowledge the science behind man-made global warming, something that Organizing for Action, the advocacy arm of his administration, has featured in its climate campaign.

"We don't have time for a meeting of the Flat Earth Society," he quipped.

Obama Climate Change 2013 Policy Speech Outlines Executive Orders

Who is their right mind thinks pollution is not real?

I am going to use whatever fuel I use whether it comes from Canada, or Iran, or Rev. Sharpton's butthole.

EO's are largely meaningless unless Congress funds them.

I am going to use whatever fuel I use whether it comes from Canada, or Iran, or Rev. Sharpton's butthole.

EO's are largely meaningless unless Congress funds them.

Exactly correct - the congress, led by the Republican House, should defund the EPA and any other body tasked by the President's dictatorial pronouncements until such time as the President leaves office or comes to his senses.

Who is their right mind thinks pollution is not real?

I do not think anyone claimed that pollution is not real.You do not have to be a eco-nut who believes in the man made global warming fairy tales to know that pollution is real. The problem with you man made global warming fairy tale believers is that you are mixing legitimate issues like pollution in with the man made global warming fairy tale nonsense. This turns people away. Polluted water is a serious issue.Polluted land is a serious issue

Last edited:
Obama as president of the Flat Earth Society has decided that we in America that have met and exceeded the 1992 Kyoto Protocol goals must now destroy our world while other countries continue to spew uncontrolled contamination into the atmosphere.

As long as the oil company is allowed to use eminent domain I will oppose the keystone xl pipeline.No company should be allowed to use eminent domain. So I applaud Obama for blocking its construction.

Can anyone figure out why Obama made this speech? Hmm..., could it be because he has lost control and is trying a sleight of hand to cover up the various scandals that have recently come to light?

Can anyone figure out why Obama made this speech? Hmm..., could it be because he has lost control and is trying a sleight of hand to cover up the various scandals that have recently come to light?

Of course, that is it, and it is working like a charm. Youbetcha!

Hey, just imagine what Obama will accomplish. He'll throw thousands of Americans out of work and raise the cost of lighting and in some cases heating of homes. Oh, I know he'll issue more Food stamps and welfare to those who he's dispossessed. Maybe even give out those Obama Phones too.

The question is not whether pollution is real, the question is whether there is sufficient proof of MAN made global warming AS a global crisis that threatens to ruin our world AND if there's actually anything we can do about it that would be more than a gnat's fart in the wind...

... color me skeptical, at least skeptical about seriously damaging an already frail economy in the name of something so uncertain.

The question is not whether pollution is real, the question is whether there is sufficient proof of MAN made global warming AS a global crisis that threatens to ruin our world AND if there's actually anything we can do about it that would be more than a gnat's fart in the wind...

... color me skeptical, at least skeptical about seriously damaging an already frail economy in the name of something so uncertain.

You do not need to be a rocket scientist to see the correlation between pollution and climate change.

You do not need to be a rocket scientist to see the correlation between pollution and climate change.

Obviously not, since there are a lot more scientists who are skeptical of AGW-as-a-global-disaster than most warmers like to admit...

List of scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Number of 'heretic' scientists growing | Walla Walla Union-Bulletin

LiveLeak.com - Will scientists publicize the fact their 'warming' study was a fraud?

My problem with the left-v.-right flap in the matter ..

.. Is that if there is no deadly global warming caused by human over-population and polution that is about to kill us off .. and we do nothing .. no harm done .. .. and if we do something we've at least improved environmental conditions, providing what we do doesn't cripple needed industry ..

.. But if there is a deadly global warming caused by human over-population and polution that is about to kill us all off .. and we do nothing .. that's really, really bad.

So my tendency is to want to err on the side of safety in this matter, and at least do something relevant and effective.

But the problem is that with the polarized stalemate between liberals and conservatives on this topic, with each buying their set of experts complete with compelling "scientific" testimony, .. well, it's difficult to get any impetus for any kind of action going with these two holding sole power.

So suggestions like making solutions a cooperative venture between government via taxation and reimbursement to private industry so that private industry does the preventative work and paying a share of that cost and passing some of it on to the consumer ..

.. Nothing gets done.

And, we therefore, all debate stalemate considered, simply appear to be flipping a coin about whether deadly human-caused global warming is real or not.

Since I trust neither side to be telling the whole and relevant truth in the matter, I find myself frustrated, .. and a bit frightened .. as reticence to do anything appears to be all about the question of who's going to fund it and impetus to fix it all appears to be all about making industry pay.

Neither of these stalemated approaches will get anything done.

Sure wish we'd at least do something.

Apparently, after 5 years they dont have time for ANY meetings. They also dont have time to convene the 'Jobs Committee". They DO have time for golf and the family vacay, and of course the fund raisers.

who in their right mind thinks a keynesian can lead the way on this issue?

WASHINGTON -- ...
Obama also made a point to dismiss those who don't acknowledge the science behind man-made global warming, something that Organizing for Action, the advocacy arm of his administration, has featured in its climate campaign.

And the President certainly has allies like the unflappable James Hansen ...

doonesbury with hansen.jpg

My problem with the left-v.-right flap in the matter ..

.. Is that if there is no deadly global warming caused by human over-population and polution that is about to kill us off .. and we do nothing .. no harm done .. .. and if we do something we've at least improved environmental conditions, providing what we do doesn't cripple needed industry ..

.. But if there is a deadly global warming caused by human over-population and polution that is about to kill us all off .. and we do nothing .. that's really, really bad.

So my tendency is to want to err on the side of safety in this matter, and at least do something relevant and effective.

But the problem is that with the polarized stalemate between liberals and conservatives on this topic, with each buying their set of experts complete with compelling "scientific" testimony, .. well, it's difficult to get any impetus for any kind of action going with these two holding sole power.

So suggestions like making solutions a cooperative venture between government via taxation and reimbursement to private industry so that private industry does the preventative work and paying a share of that cost and passing some of it on to the consumer ..

.. Nothing gets done.

And, we therefore, all debate stalemate considered, simply appear to be flipping a coin about whether deadly human-caused global warming is real or not.

Since I trust neither side to be telling the whole and relevant truth in the matter, I find myself frustrated, .. and a bit frightened .. as reticence to do anything appears to be all about the question of who's going to fund it and impetus to fix it all appears to be all about making industry pay.

Neither of these stalemated approaches will get anything done.

Sure wish we'd at least do something.

But we (America) has done a lot to reduce pollution. Although we never signed the Kyoto Protocols to return to 1992 emissions what manufacturers in America and the EPA have done is to reduce emissions to 1989 levels. However, this has been offset by the increases in pollution emissions by China, Russia and India far above what America has done stop the pollution.
Do you remember what happened to the people that visited China during the Olympics?

th

th

Many of the manufacturing and electric generating companies throughout the U.S. have voluntarily reduced both air pollution and the control of refuse going into landfills.

Cooking Climate Consensus Data: "97% of Scientists Affirm AGW" Debunked
Cooking Climate Consensus Data: ?97% of Scientists Affirm AGW" Debunked

German Firms Flee to U.S. to Avoid Staggering "Green" Energy Costs
German Firms Flee to U.S. to Avoid Staggering ?Green? Energy Costs

Global Warming “Consensus”: Cooking the Books
Global Warming ?Consensus?: Cooking the Books

New Discovery: NASA Study Proves Carbon Dioxide Cools Atmosphere
Principia Scientific Intl | New Discovery: NASA Study Proves Carbon Dioxide Cools Atmosphere

Global Warming? More Proof It’s a FARCE via NASA!!
Global Warming? More Proof It’s a FARCE via NASA!! | The Lorinov Report

But wait there's so much more that has debunked Obama's move to increase the cost of energy to all America.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom