• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are waiting on Pelosi

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
We are waiting for Pelosi to put some compromise on the table. She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants. How about 4 billion dollars for the wall.

A couple of weeks ago she said if the gov shut down was ended, she would compromise. Time for her to crap or get off the pot.

We are waiting for Pelosi to put some compromise on the table. She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants. How about 4 billion dollars for the wall.

A couple of weeks ago she said if the gov shut down was ended, she would compromise. Time for her to crap or get off the pot.

///// How about 4 billion dollars for the wall //// How about NO.

Ok, four billion for the wall it is. What does nancy get in return for her part of the compromise?

She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants.

Actually, she does -- sadly.

Everyone and I mean everyone admits that Nancy kicked the President's behind.

She is the Queen of the nation.

I kind of hope that the Dems do win back all 3 branches (they can impeach those pesky conservative Supreme Court justices).

Millions and millions of ordinary Democrats will then start to personally suffer under radical Dem policies, and they will have no one else to blame but themselves for having voted the Dems back into power under Queen Nancy.

Why didn't the Republicans crap or get off the pot over the past 2 years when they controlled everything? Now all of the sudden, there's still not stupid wall funding but it's the Democrats fault?

Rednecks are such idiots.

1. Pelosi never said she would compromise. She said, end the shut down and then we can negotiate. Also, she didn't say "when" she would negotiate. Personally, I don't think she ever had any intention of negotiating.

2. Pelosi is in a very tough position. She put herself there. If she compromises, a LOT of her supporters will be highly pissed at her...especially after she said "walls are immoral". She's in a box.

By ending the shutdown, setting a deadline, and stating two possible consequences for inaction on Pelosi's part...Trump has made her box smaller. She has to do something...but she's damned if she does anything.

What will she do? I don't know. Frankly, I don't care. Trump will build the wall no matter what she does.

The Democrats will offer 2 Billion or so for Total Border security...Some funding will be for upgrading existing barriers ....trump should take it....But he won't because his base of angry white bigots won't except it

We are waiting for Pelosi to put some compromise on the table. She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants. How about 4 billion dollars for the wall. A couple of weeks ago she said if the gov shut down was ended, she would compromise. Time for her to crap or get off the pot.

Why you an impatient person aren't you.... :roll:

Let just what happened sink in for the good of our Republic. All the Republican't men couldn't stand up to tRump. He kicked all their combined butts in the primary and then once in office he ruled over them like a pimp does his bitches. But the Bully in chief, the master when it comes to the art of the deal, met his match up against a liberal grandmother.... :shock:

'Strong' conservative MEN cowered before his tantrum tweets but not a San Francisco liberal woman- one vilified by the cowardly rabid right.

Rather than keep that non starter of a wall as the prize how about the REAL issue- through the DESIGNATED crossing points does most the illegal drugs and criminals flow. Yeah the bigots want all brown people to stay out lest they 'ruin' the nation but truth be told the immigrants looking for work are not the problem.

Lets be more effective where the real problem is- at the border crossings. Out in the desert there are literally miles and miles of open space to swoop in on immigrants- there is no need to waste money on a wall when low tech ladders are readily available.... :doh

tRump is good at moving the goalposts and extremely bad at calculating policy. Let's have him compromise on the wall- it's now a barrier and vast sections will be electronic- not archaic concrete.... :peace

Why didn't the Republicans crap or get off the pot over the past 2 years when they controlled everything? Now all of the sudden, there's still not stupid wall funding but it's the Democrats fault?

Isnt it funny how the only group you can get away with saying that about are rednecks? Insert the name of any other racial or ethnic group or a subset of those groups in its place and see what happens.

She has to put forward something that will pass the Senate. Her last bill didn't so she will have to add something to it to get republican votes whether she likes it or not.

The Democrats will offer 2 Billion or so for Total Border security...Some funding will be for upgrading existing barriers ....trump should take it....But he won't because his base of angry white bigots won't except it

Says the angry bigot...

///// How about 4 billion dollars for the wall //// How about NO.

You're probably right.

Why build a wall there when there is not a single wall built for any purpose anywhere else in the world.

If they worked, you'd be seeing them everywhere.

1. Pelosi never said she would compromise. She said, end the shut down and then we can negotiate. Also, she didn't say "when" she would negotiate. Personally, I don't think she ever had any intention of negotiating. 2. Pelosi is in a very tough position. She put herself there. If she compromises, a LOT of her supporters will be highly pissed at her...especially after she said "walls are immoral". She's in a box. By ending the shutdown, setting a deadline, and stating two possible consequences for inaction on Pelosi's part...Trump has made her box smaller. She has to do something...but she's damned if she does anything. What will she do? I don't know. Frankly, I don't care. Trump will build the wall no matter what she does.

Let it never be said you don't have a unique way of spinning yet another tRump defeat.... ;)

Yeah Speaker Pelosi is in a very tough position- fresh off a blue wave that retook the House, backed a bully down, rising approval.... yes quite the pickle... :)

tRump hasn't boxed Pelosi in, he has caved in like most bullies do when someone of strength confronts them without all the penis waving.

tRump's 'demands' have only set-up yet another tRump defeat. The border will be upgraded but anyone who thinks it will be with a massive wall needs to stop drinking the Kool-Aid, it's rotting your brain... :doh

Upgrade the border crossing where the majority of drugs come in, have REAL immigration reform (most tRumpers seem to forget that part- imagine that) and let's get on with other tRump disasters... :peace

Actually, she does -- sadly.

Everyone and I mean everyone admits that Nancy kicked the President's behind.

She is the Queen of the nation.

I kind of hope that the Dems do win back all 3 branches (they can impeach those pesky conservative Supreme Court justices).

Millions and millions of ordinary Democrats will then start to personally suffer under radical Dem policies, and they will have no one else to blame but themselves for having voted the Dems back into power under Queen Nancy.

Can you link to the part of the Constitution defining the impeachment process for a SCOTUS justice?

Same kind of BS always repeated when a majority is the Senate.

1. Pelosi never said she would compromise. She said, end the shut down and then we can negotiate. Also, she didn't say "when" she would negotiate. Personally, I don't think she ever had any intention of negotiating.

2. Pelosi is in a very tough position. She put herself there. If she compromises, a LOT of her supporters will be highly pissed at her...especially after she said "walls are immoral". She's in a box.

By ending the shutdown, setting a deadline, and stating two possible consequences for inaction on Pelosi's part...Trump has made her box smaller. She has to do something...but she's damned if she does anything.

What will she do? I don't know. Frankly, I don't care. Trump will build the wall no matter what she does.

She doesn’t have to do anything.

Trump does not have popular support for a border wall. And they blamed him for shutting down the government for something they neither want nor care about. He doesn’t have REPUBLICAN support.

And people can easily read through this “it’s a national emergency, yet I did nothing about it for the two years the GOP controlled everything, and I shut down the governement and putzed around for 36 days when I could have just declared an emergency” facade.

He’s in the weaker position no matter how hard you try spin this into eleventy-dimensional chess on his part.

Has Trump changed his position on immigration since his decent on the escalator?

Why you an impatient person aren't you.... :roll:

Let just what happened sink in for the good of our Republic. All the Republican't men couldn't stand up to tRump. He kicked all their combined butts in the primary and then once in office he ruled over them like a pimp does his bitches. But the Bully in chief, the master when it comes to the art of the deal, met his match up against a liberal grandmother.... :shock:

'Strong' conservative MEN cowered before his tantrum tweets but not a San Francisco liberal woman- one vilified by the cowardly rabid right.

Rather than keep that non starter of a wall as the prize how about the REAL issue- through the DESIGNATED crossing points does most the illegal drugs and criminals flow. Yeah the bigots want all brown people to stay out lest they 'ruin' the nation but truth be told the immigrants looking for work are not the problem.

Lets be more effective where the real problem is- at the border crossings. Out in the desert there are literally miles and miles of open space to swoop in on immigrants- there is no need to waste money on a wall when low tech ladders are readily available.... :doh

tRump is good at moving the goalposts and extremely bad at calculating policy. Let's have him compromise on the wall- it's now a barrier and vast sections will be electronic- not archaic concrete.... :peace

There are literally thousands of images of the caravans headed north from Central America.

Can you post one that show the thousands of folks carrying ladders?

Let it never be said you don't have a unique way of spinning yet another tRump defeat.... ;)

Yeah Speaker Pelosi is in a very tough position- fresh off a blue wave that retook the House, backed a bully down, rising approval.... yes quite the pickle... :)

tRump hasn't boxed Pelosi in, he has caved in like most bullies do when someone of strength confronts them without all the penis waving.

tRump's 'demands' have only set-up yet another tRump defeat. The border will be upgraded but anyone who thinks it will be with a massive wall needs to stop drinking the Kool-Aid, it's rotting your brain... :doh

Upgrade the border crossing where the majority of drugs come in, have REAL immigration reform (most tRumpers seem to forget that part- imagine that) and let's get on with other tRump disasters... :peace

So...what do YOU think Pelosi will do? Keep in mind...I'm not asking for your suggestions. I'm asking what Pelosi is going to do? After you tell me, we can talk about the results if she does what you think she'll do.

Isnt it funny how the only group you can get away with saying that about are rednecks? Insert the name of any other racial or ethnic group or a subset of those groups in its place and see what happens.

Oh, c'mon! Get serious. You could say "Christians", too.

Just to insert some accuracy, under both Clinton and Obama, the first mid term was a massacre for the presidents's party.

In both cases, they lost much bigger in the House and lost in the Senate as well.

She doesn’t have to do anything.

Trump does not have popular support for a border wall. And they blamed him for shutting down the government for something they neither want nor care about. He doesn’t have REPUBLICAN support.

And people can easily read through this “it’s a national emergency, yet I did nothing about it for the two years the GOP controlled everything, and I shut down the governement and putzed around for 36 days when I could have just declared an emergency” facade.

He’s in the weaker position no matter how hard you try spin this into eleventy-dimensional chess on his part.

So this is the first time that Trump has asked the Congress to do something about a wall?

Who's been talking about this for the last 3 or 4 years?

Back
Top Bottom