• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We are waiting on Pelosi

It is tough to get out of the hole he dug himself into, especially for someone that needed to get out of hole he dug himself into when he lost all the $414 million dollars his daddy gave him and put himself in a hole of $1 billion and he needed Putin to bail him out. This is the man you are saying is going to stand above it all? maybe if his head is in a noose

View attachment 67249020

Are democrats still trying to make hanging a Hate crime punishable under Federal law?

Perhaps more border agents and attack dogs to patrol the border 24/7 at distance intervals allowing rapid response? Making it a jobs creation program, further reducing unemployment.

Perhaps more border agents and attack dogs to patrol the border 24/7 at distance intervals allowing rapid response? Making it a jobs creation program, further reducing unemployment.

I proposed an idea in another thread....see what you think of it:

A drone with an above average camera hovering in one spot and spinning the camera around at regular intervals could cover something like 10 miles of border. So one could state that without a single foot of wall ever having been constructed, the 2000 mile border could be covered by 600 drones, 1200 people flying them day and night, and 1500 agents could cover the same territory that a wall would cover for way less money. I’ll even prove it for ya…

An entire fleet of top of the line drones would cost us something around 6M bucks. A top of the line spy drone will cost you somewhere around 10K. That times 600 would be 6M. That would be 3 drones per 10 mile segment of border. That would give each one time to charge and be worker on while one was airborne all day, every day. Hell, we could go so far as to double that cost and have plenty of extras for the just in case kinda days and situations. Total cost so far = 12M.

Paying someone 30 bucks an hour to fly one of these things would be pretty good pay, given the actual work being done. 30 bucks an hour times 1200 people would be just over 69M dollars. That would be enough people to cover shifts 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and still account for vacations and other things. Total cost so far = 81M.

The average salary of a border patrol agent in Texas is 49000. There are a couple of districts where the pay is better that that. I’ll be generous and use the higher number of just under 57K. Making sure that there were 12000 agents (2 agent covering every 5 miles along the border would need 800 agents on shift all day every day) would have enough agents to work all day, every day with enough agents in reserve to cover any gaps in coverage that may come up at times. Cost to staff the border would come to 684M dollars. Total cost to secure the border at this point = 765M dollars.

Throw in 1600 70K dollar patrol vehicles, and with the added 112M dollars, we still haven’t gotten to a billion dollars to staff and vehicularly equip enough people to have a pair of officers every 5 miles along the border with aerial recon all day every day with no gaps in coverage.

Given the fact that the CBP budget was 14B dollars last year, they could literally QUADRUPLE the coverages I proposed and still come up short of the budget they used last year, to what I feel would actually be better results.

Conservative Christian advocate in politics and science, mostly. I was once in the military. I was accepted into West Point Prep School after I joined the Army and did very well academically there but decided not to go to West Point for religious reasons. I then spent nearly 5 years as an apprentice optician. I then spent 12 years working in sheetmetal, iron work, millwright work, welding, piping and steel erection, doing mostly work in industrial plants, and energy plants and on military bases. I worked in four different nuclear plants as a millwright/iron worker journeyman. I started my own metalworking and industrial plant maintenance business in 1992. I am now retired but still work all I want to for my son who has a steel erection business which is going well erecting military buildings, state schools and other mostly government buildings.

--Well shoot, why don't you drop the nonsense about all Democrats being communist agents of the devil then, because it sounds like you've had a very respectable career, both military and civilian.
My wife is a 100% service connected disabled Navy veteran who served as a diesel mechanic aboard a tugboat.
My nephew works in sheetmetal fabrication, ironwork, millwright work and welding, dividing his time between hot rod car construction and architectural metal design and installation, the latter being a fancy way of saying he creates signs, gates, railings, and just about anything else needed in residential and commercial iron work.

I am not an atheist, I just don't subscribe to conventional organized religions, that's all.
I know there's a Creator, I know that we are but tiny-brained specks of dust in the Universe.

I spent 35 years doing camera and editing in film and TV, now semi-retired against my will, because there isn't much market for camera ops with bad eyesight and toasted hearing. I still get to do a little bit of editing on small jobs here and there.
I rent out a lot of my lighting gear on shoots, so that it doesn't sit and collect dust in the garage.
My real "full time job" now is really being a caregiver for my disabled wife and disabled son.
It's an honor to do it, plus they're great company.

I'm NOT "the devil".

A drone with an above average camera hovering in one spot and spinning the camera around at regular intervals could cover something like 10 miles of border. So one could state that without a single foot of wall ever having been constructed, the 2000 mile border could be covered by 600 drones, 1200 people flying them day and night, and 1500 agents could cover the same territory that a wall would cover for way less money. I’ll even prove it for ya…

An entire fleet of top of the line drones would cost us something around 6M bucks. A top of the line spy drone will cost you somewhere around 10K. That times 600 would be 6M. That would be 3 drones per 10 mile segment of border. That would give each one time to charge and be worker on while one was airborne all day, every day. Hell, we could go so far as to double that cost and have plenty of extras for the just in case kinda days and situations. Total cost so far = 12M.

Paying someone 30 bucks an hour to fly one of these things would be pretty good pay, given the actual work being done. 30 bucks an hour times 1200 people would be just over 69M dollars. That would be enough people to cover shifts 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and still account for vacations and other things. Total cost so far = 81M.

The average salary of a border patrol agent in Texas is 49000. There are a couple of districts where the pay is better that that. I’ll be generous and use the higher number of just under 57K. Making sure that there were 12000 agents (2 agent covering every 5 miles along the border would need 800 agents on shift all day every day) would have enough agents to work all day, every day with enough agents in reserve to cover any gaps in coverage that may come up at times. Cost to staff the border would come to 684M dollars. Total cost to secure the border at this point = 765M dollars.

Throw in 1600 70K dollar patrol vehicles, and with the added 112M dollars, we still haven’t gotten to a billion dollars to staff and vehicularly equip enough people to have a pair of officers every 5 miles along the border with aerial recon all day every day with no gaps in coverage.

Given the fact that the CBP budget was 14B dollars last year, they could literally QUADRUPLE the coverages I proposed and still come up short of the budget they used last year, to what I feel would actually be better results.

What you are suggesting should be painfully obvious to anybody with a brain. You could then by simple math subtract from the general electorate those without brains nor perspective nor a grasp of current state of technology and the state of non-urban border security development that DOES NOT include lethal force as a component of the rules of engagement.

That, in my opinion, could be worth discussing. Don, Nancy, Congress, how about it?

Conservative Christian advocate in politics and science, mostly. I was once in the military. I was accepted into West Point Prep School after I joined the Army and did very well academically there but decided not to go to West Point for religious reasons. I then spent nearly 5 years as an apprentice optician. I then spent 12 years working in sheetmetal, iron work, millwright work, welding, piping and steel erection, doing mostly work in industrial plants, and energy plants and on military bases. I worked in four different nuclear plants as a millwright/iron worker journeyman. I started my own metalworking and industrial plant maintenance business in 1992. I am now retired but still work all I want to for my son who has a steel erection business which is going well erecting military buildings, state schools and other mostly government buildings.

I used to be in the erection business.

--Well shoot, why don't you drop the nonsense about all Democrats being communist agents of the devil then, because it sounds like you've had a very respectable career, both military and civilian.
My wife is a 100% service connected disabled Navy veteran who served as a diesel mechanic aboard a tugboat.
My nephew works in sheetmetal fabrication, ironwork, millwright work and welding, dividing his time between hot rod car construction and architectural metal design and installation, the latter being a fancy way of saying he creates signs, gates, railings, and just about anything else needed in residential and commercial iron work.

I am not an atheist, I just don't subscribe to conventional organized religions, that's all.
I know there's a Creator, I know that we are but tiny-brained specks of dust in the Universe.

I spent 35 years doing camera and editing in film and TV, now semi-retired against my will, because there isn't much market for camera ops with bad eyesight and toasted hearing. I still get to do a little bit of editing on small jobs here and there.
I rent out a lot of my lighting gear on shoots, so that it doesn't sit and collect dust in the garage.
My real "full time job" now is really being a caregiver for my disabled wife and disabled son.
It's an honor to do it, plus they're great company.

I'm NOT "the devil".

I should be more compassionate towards those who oppose Biblical values without realizing the error of their ways. I commend you for your responsible service to those you care for out of a sense of love and duty. i wish we were not on opposite sides on political issues.

More lies. California AB60 driver's licenses specifically indicate that they are provisional driver's licenses and are not good for any federal OR state uses whatsoever, it says so RIGHT ON the licenses.

View attachment 67249018

Its like Trump supporters copy and paste off looney Right wing website without due diligence. Proof positive they will believe any lie as long as it comes from like minded individuals. Jeesh, its like they dont know the word research.

I should be more compassionate towards those who oppose Biblical values without realizing the error of their ways. I commend you for your responsible service to those you care for out of a sense of love and duty. i wish we were not on opposite sides on political issues.

Again, I do not "oppose" anything of a biblical origin, you're thinking in apologetics terms when I am not attacking anything.
I simply think that too many "unholy" human hands have interfered with the actual historical narrative from two thousand years ago, and that we're barely an inch or two in our "historical dig" to find out who Jesus of Nazareth was.

Kings and other potentates throughout history have not always been kind to preserving accuracy and truth, translators have committed profound errors and pure hacks have simply lifted and adapted complete scriptures from other faiths, or even fashioned lies out of whole cloth and molded them to a convenient fit for purely political reasons.

Rather than attack anything, I choose to accept the simplest explanation of all, that man is composed of both good and evil, and that good always wins if one nourishes it and perishes if one does nothing, because just like as in our awareness of light, we have come to know that there is no such thing as darkness, because darkness is only "the absence of light".
Therefore, in order to banish darkness, one must create light, one must do the work necessary to create good in order to banish evil.
Evil can persist only because no one bothers to create goodness.
I am not interested in snuffing out light. Rather, I am always seeking to move closer to gaining the grace and courage to create as much of it as possible.

On a more personal note, I am the product of a "mixed marriage", a Jewish father and a Catholic mother.
I was raised to respect and learn about both faiths as a child. I learned early on that man is often engaged in pursuit of Earthly goals which sometimes crush spiritual ones, and that in the end, one must do the kinds of things that allow one to "walk proudly before their God, as they perceive Him to be".

And you cannot possibly even know enough about my views on political issues yet to know where I stand on many of them.

Cheers...

Its like Trump supporters copy and paste off looney Right wing website without due diligence. Proof positive they will believe any lie as long as it comes from like minded individuals. Jeesh, its like they dont know the word research.

Well, here is what I know from firsthand personal experience. If you lack the necessary documents to earn a regular (and now - RealID enhanced) California Driver's License, one of several things happens:

1. You're instructed to bring the necessary documents. (Birth Certificate, etc)
If you do actually have them but they're not with you, bring them and come back and start over.

2. If you do not HAVE such documents because you're not a citizen, you are instructed to produce your Green Card to prove your legal resident alien status. If you produce a Green Card, you may get a California Driver's License but you're not processed into the Motor Voter system.

3. If you do not have ANY such documents at all, you may still qualify for a driver's license but it will be an AB60 "federally limited" license which is only valid for the privilege of driving a car legally in California and for the purchase of insurance.

4. If you produce the necessary citizenship documents, you are granted a full California Driver's License but the requirements for such documents, as I DISCOVERED a LONG time ago, are more strict than a lot of people might be led to believe.
On my first attempt, I produced what I believed to be a satisfactory copy of my birth certificate and was informed that because it was not a "Certified Copy" that ALSO HAD the raised (bas relief) STAMP on the corner, it would not be sufficient. I had to go and GET the certified copy with the raised stamp in order to prove my citizen status.

Now, that was back in 1982, okay? Nineteen eighty-two.
They knew that I had a valid Minnesota Driver's License but they did not trust that enough to just automatically welcome me into their system.

When I moved BACK to Southern California in 2012, they still HAD that certified copy on file in their system, and so I was able to get my old California license renewed rather quickly, but they asked me if I was going to register in the Motor Voter system.
Nowadays that happens automatically but in 2012 I was ASKED first.

We are waiting for Pelosi to put some compromise on the table. She has to understand that she doesnt get everything she wants. How about 4 billion dollars for the wall.

A couple of weeks ago she said if the gov shut down was ended, she would compromise. Time for her to crap or get off the pot.

Whine!

Thanks for that talking point but its a lie.

Trump has said seven times in as many days that HE will accept nothing LESS than his demanded $5.7 billion.

Your **** doesn't work anymore. You can't brand Pelosi, as the Trump gang has tried to do with every for ONE REASON!

"I will be proud to shut down the government"

He said it.

You own it.

for all of history it will be at least "Trump's folly!"

One, for a "Christian" I find you incredibly intolerant and, at times, hate filled.

Two, as per the bold By whose standard is there "error of their ways". Have studied Christian theology at the university level the ONE THING a Christian may NOT do, is mis lead the flock. And at any point in time there are over 1,000 accepted translations - all different.

What makes your teaching any different for the guy down the street?

Jesus' primary message was "forgiveness" and even spelled it out in a prayer: "forgive us, AS WE forgive those who trespass against us" I see no forgiveness in any of your posts and like most Americans have turned politics into war.

Three, "Christian Conservative" means what? That you are theologically conservative, or fiscally conservative, resenting those who do not or can not work as living on "my money".

If the later, you are no Christian at all for Jesus teaches "if a man asks for your coat, give him your robe also", and lastly "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle that for a rich man to enter heaven."

One, for a "Christian" I find you incredibly intolerant and, at times, hate filled.

Two, as per the bold By whose standard is there "error of their ways". Have studied Christian theology at the university level the ONE THING a Christian may NOT do, is mis lead the flock. And at any point in time there are over 1,000 accepted translations - all different.

What makes your teaching any different for the guy down the street?

Jesus' primary message was "forgiveness" and even spelled it out in a prayer: "forgive us, AS WE forgive those who trespass against us" I see no forgiveness in any of your posts and like most Americans have turned politics into war.

Three, "Christian Conservative" means what? That you are theologically conservative, or fiscally conservative, resenting those who do not or can not work as living on "my money".

If the later, you are no Christian at all for Jesus teaches "if a man asks for your coat, give him your robe also", and lastly "it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle that for a rich man to enter heaven."

Even well known scholars differ. The Apostles had sharp differences of opinion. I don't feel compelled to argue with anyone who does not understand the Bible like I do. Let them go to God with their own beliefs and interpretations and I will pray God gives me good understanding with which to present myself before Him with.

Looks like she's keeping her word:

"When I wrote to you on January 23rd, I stated that we should work together to find a mutually agreeable date when government has reopened to schedule this year's State of the Union address," Pelosi stated in a letter provided by her office. "In our conversation today, we agreed on February 5th."Pelosi continued, "Therefore, I invite you to deliver your State of the Union address before a Joint Session of Congress on February 5, 2019 in the House Chamber."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/28/politics/state-of-the-union-date-february-5/index.html

...why build a wall there when there is not a single wall built for any purpose anywhere else in the world.

If they worked, you'd be seeing them everywhere.

Walls do work....if your objective to to totally stop people from moving past a designated line.

BUT you need:

A good wall
A garrison force 24/365

So if Mexico was overrun with Zombies and we didn't want a single infected Mexican to set foot in the USA, I'd say a 200' high wall would be the best first choice

BUT, the USA conducts a massive amount of trade with Mexico.

If you make it so hard to cross the border, trade will cease and any Mexican entering the USA will simply stay here because if he/she goes back they won't be able to come back again.

Odd from my OP/LP it's tRump supporters who end up looking foolish-

West Virginia coal miners he promised to keep on digging.

Industrial workers getting their jobs back.

Morons who thought tRump would actually get Mexico to pay for the Wall

How many of his inner circle have plead guilty????

How many more are indicted????

Oh and all those who really think all that 'Rocket Man' crap actually did 'stop nuclear war' with NK....

the list goes on but it looks like the tRump supporters are tired of looking like fools and leaving a sinking ship....

Well perhaps it's just the smarter ones.... :peace

From my side of the argument you are wrong on those points, your media lies to you, just as I guess you believe our media lies to us. I could answer you point by point and give you the exact opposite of what you allege. I think it comes down to "bias confirmation" and this relatively new internet world we live in. It has only made us much more divided in the world. Hard to say how good or bad that is, but at least the mainstream media is now being completely bypassed because they are truly irrelevant.

From my side of the argument you are wrong on those points, your media lies to you, just as I guess you believe our media lies to us. I could answer you point by point and give you the exact opposite of what you allege. I think it comes down to "bias confirmation" and this relatively new internet world we live in. It has only made us much more divided in the world. Hard to say how good or bad that is, but at least the mainstream media is now being completely bypassed because they are truly irrelevant.

Ahhh yes, West Virginia coal miners are back to work, Mexico is paying for the wall, North Korea was going to attack us until the Orange Guy insulted the dictator back into his hole.... oh and Pelosi is now in a box tRump cleverly made by backing completely off his line in the sand.... :roll:

No I believe you want so hard to believe whatever you wish you refuse to believe any source that doesn't feed your world view and on the internet you can find some numb nut who will spout crap for you to enjoy... :peace

Your humble servant (an elderly computer illiterate who cannot link) went to Google and found out that, yes, a SCOTUS justice can be impeached.

1. Samuel Chase was impeached in 1805, but the Senate acquitted him.

2. In 1969, Abe Fortas resigned from the Supreme Court under threat of impeachment.

When the authoritarian Dems seize the government in 2020, they could easily impeach you-know-whom. Then they could replace him with Her Majesty Nancy.

That's interesting. As I read some more on this, the constitution limits the terms of the Justices a bit by linking to good behavior.

This has subsequently been defined as the same thing as is used for impeachment of other offices.

Article III.
Section. 1.
The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Last edited:
In this particular case every American should be applauding her for stopping an egotistical man from building a monument to himself with tax payer money.

Walls do work....if your objective to to totally stop people from moving past a designated line.

BUT you need:

A good wall
A garrison force 24/365

So if Mexico was overrun with Zombies and we didn't want a single infected Mexican to set foot in the USA, I'd say a 200' high wall would be the best first choice

BUT, the USA conducts a massive amount of trade with Mexico.

If you make it so hard to cross the border, trade will cease and any Mexican entering the USA will simply stay here because if he/she goes back they won't be able to come back again.

You seem to think that this is a binary choice. In that way you are just like Nancy Pelosi.

There are walls everywhere that all perform various and different functions and do so with various and different constructions.

Very few do so with no other devices in use.

In my house, there are various walls. There are also windows and doors. There are also monitoring devices on the doors and cameras throughout the place.

The point of this is that the wall is needed and so are good entry points and good regulation for entry and excellent monitoring.

Why are you setting this up as an "either/or" proposition? The problems, many of them, exist. Why not try to actually solve them as the President suggests?

Do it all!

Back
Top Bottom